Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] MUST WATCH: Global COVID Summit - Declaration IV - Restore Scientific Integrity

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm not here to do assigned reading. You don't and won't ever have that authority.
:shrug

The links were put up to display that someone claiming that the assault on 5G towers was covid conspiracy related is not on the level.
Either I’m too tired or your grammar isn’t quite correct as I don’t understand what you’re saying. The links show that COVID conspiracy theories, based on misinformation and disinformation, were likely behind 5G towers being burned and vandalized.

Your checking these links isn't relevant.
Relevant to what?

You know, people are already denying monkeypox. And it's very new. There will be conspiracies about everything medical, and always at least a couple of doctors to support them.

These links both document that the "5G causes COVID" stories are fake. Is that what you wanted to show us?
The THREE links I put up, one mentions covid and the other two were from before covid.

Non-covid concerns was the theme, like cancer and environmental damage. You don't even have to go back that far, just start in the middle of page 12 for context.

The THREE links I put up, one mentions covid and the other two were from before covid.

Non-covid concerns was the theme, like cancer and environmental damage. You don't even have to go back that far, just start in the middle of page 12 for context.
The CNET video is good and debunks a number of 5G concerns. However, the link to The Atlantic actually supports what I said--"As the coronavirus spread throughout Europe, fears about 5G appear to have animated a rash of vandalism and arson of mobile infrastructure, including more than 30 incidents in the U.K. in just the first 10 days of April"--so I'm not sure why you posted it.

That the two videos show people were concerned about 5G prior to COVID in no way shows that "The retroactive application by the media that it was covid misinformation causing all the vandalism was itself a lie, as if we all of a sudden had no memory," if that was your intent. This is supported by your statement that "5G towers were being taken down in neighbourhoods, especially in Europe, before anything covid related was even announced." If the towers were being removed already, what would be the point in sudden arson and vandalism of the towers, unless there was some new, perceived immediate threat to life from those towers?

Anyway, in the end, your links help support my initial arguments in this thread that questionable sources give questionable "evidence."

g. The links show that COVID conspiracy theories, based on misinformation and disinformation, were likely behind 5G towers being burned and vandalized.
We actually had a tower burned down in our small city. One guy openly admitted it to a guy we know and wanted his help to burn down another…
Yes, the police were contacted.

We actually had a tower burned down in our small city. One guy openly admitted it to a guy we know and wanted his help to burn down another…
Yes, the police were contacted.
That is crazy! I'm all for removing them if 5G is proven to be a significant health risk, but it is likely that people's diets are much more of a risk to their health.

That is crazy! I'm all for removing them if 5G is proven to be a significant health risk, but it is likely that people's diets are much more of a risk to their health.
and that's not the full story.
our 'friend' was somebody I met about 10 years ago who was looking for side work on facebook. I hired him and he was an excellent worker, but you knew something was off. He was a drug addict with a hard past... lost his entire family etc. Anyway, we took a liking to him and when he went to prison for 5 years, we continued our contact and financial assistance to make his life in prison more bearable.
He got out in January, and it's been an uphill battle for him. He started going to a church near where he is staying and was baptized in late March. Anyway, he met up with a guy from church.... yeah, the one that claimed he burned down the 5g tower and went on some conspiracy rant how it was related to covid and a virage of other issues. Long story short, he tried to convince our friend that it was his duty as a Christian to help burn another one down... Even drove him to one and plotted out how to do it. Thats where their friendship ended.
When I found out, I spoke directly with the pastor and authorities were notified. They could not prove that he did is, so no arrest has been made. But I'm sure law enforcement is watching him closely.

and that's not the full story.
our 'friend' was somebody I met about 10 years ago who was looking for side work on facebook. I hired him and he was an excellent worker, but you knew something was off. He was a drug addict with a hard past... lost his entire family etc. Anyway, we took a liking to him and when he went to prison for 5 years, we continued our contact and financial assistance to make his life in prison more bearable.
He got out in January, and it's been an uphill battle for him. He started going to a church near where he is staying and was baptized in late March. Anyway, he met up with a guy from church.... yeah, the one that claimed he burned down the 5g tower and went on some conspiracy rant how it was related to covid and a virage of other issues. Long story short, he tried to convince our friend that it was his duty as a Christian to help burn another one down... Even drove him to one and plotted out how to do it. Thats where their friendship ended.
When I found out, I spoke directly with the pastor and authorities were notified. They could not prove that he did is, so no arrest has been made. But I'm sure law enforcement is watching him closely.
Oh, wow. And from a guy at his church.... Not something a person like him needs to be dealing with in trying to get his life in order.

Yeah... no kidding. Like I said, it's been an uphill battle every since he got out of prison. But he's keeping his head above water.
At least he has some positive Christian influence.

so I'm not sure why you posted it
The intent was to show that the towers get vandalized for non-covid concerns. That happened.
That the two videos show people were concerned about 5G prior to COVID in no way shows that "The retroactive application by the media that it was covid misinformation causing all the vandalism was itself a lie, as if we all of a sudden had no memory," if that was your intent. This is supported by your statement that "5G towers were being taken down in neighbourhoods, especially in Europe, before anything covid related was even announced." If the towers were being removed already, what would be the point in sudden arson and vandalism of the towers, unless there was some new, perceived immediate threat to life from those towers?
The point is they were vandalized for years. It never stopped. Since hardly anyone gets caught doing these activities, you then have an irresponsible "source" of information portraying that the reason towers are targeted in our current time is due to covid concerns.
Anyway, in the end, your links help support my initial arguments in this thread that questionable sources give questionable "evidence."
No I don't think so. I don't think you successfully averted or deflected in any way the fact that because you were an early participant in promotion of government ideas on covid that your word really isn't worth too much on not only this subject, but also other subjects as well. These choices have consequences.

The point is they were vandalized for years. It never stopped. Since hardly anyone gets caught doing these activities, you then have an irresponsible "source" of information portraying that the reason towers are targeted in our current time is due to covid concerns.

Hoax Artists and Pseudo-scientists

Conspiracy theorists have long tried to instill fear in the masses around the use of allegedly ‘deadly radio waves’ used for high-speed internet. Before 5G, these social media fearmongers attached similar ideas of cancerous tumors, sterility, weakened immunity, and DNA harm to 4G. Websites selling the idea like the5gsummit.com and stop5ginternational.org give readers information which they call “unbiased” and vouched by “leading independent experts”. Articles and topics of discussion include questions like the threat posed by 5G to the immune system. The 5G Summit website also has an interview with one Rashid Buttar on ‘CIA-declassified research that reveals massive bio-effects from 5G mm-Wave radiation’.

Watch: Conspiracy theorists set fire to 5G towers

The intent was to show that the towers get vandalized for non-covid concerns. That happened.
Of course, but the article also shows they happened for irrational reasons related to COVID.

The point is they were vandalized for years. It never stopped.
For years? That’s a bit dramatic. You do realize that 5G is a relatively new technology, correct? Germany started installing the towers in 2018, with the first ones operating in July 2019. Interesting timing with COVID don’t you think? Norway had early testing in 2017, launching the first network in December 2018 and the next launched in June 2020.

“For years” seems like it might be a bit of an exaggeration.

Since hardly anyone gets caught doing these activities, you then have an irresponsible "source" of information portraying that the reason towers are targeted in our current time is due to covid concerns.
And yet I provided a good reason as to why it is likely the reasons are COVID related, which the article implies as well. People who believe COVID isn’t real just aren’t living in reality. Similarly, people who believe 5G caused the novel coronavirus and COVID aren’t living in reality. Theses are just the types that would burn the towers down.

No I don't think so. I don't think you successfully averted or deflected in any way the fact that because you were an early participant in promotion of government ideas on covid that your word really isn't worth too much on not only this subject, but also other subjects as well. These choices have consequences.
Again, vague, unsubstantiated opinion. :shrug

“For years” seems like it might be a bit of an exaggeration.
All the years they have been going up is as long as they have been coming down. The radiation concerns didn't start with 5G, but they did carry on. Years is accurate, regardless of your agreement on the issue.

People who believe COVID isn’t real just aren’t living in reality. Similarly, people who believe 5G caused the novel coronavirus and COVID aren’t living in reality. Theses are just the types that would burn the towers down.
Well that isn't my concern. What is my concern(ok not really too much) is that even though the towers come down for reasons other than covid, which would primarily be radiation, you simply can't leave the covid hill.

Again, vague, unsubstantiated opinion. :shrug
As I said, I completely understand you wanting this to go away. It's not. Practice deception or feign innocence if you want, but them coals aren't going on my head.

Look I know you want to keep covid on the anvil and use every "debate skill" possible to turn all the wrong you have said into right, or at least believe that you are convincing people as much. You aren't. Anyone that has looked at this forum for a year or more can see exactly which of you guys relay information from the government/media that turned out to be wrong, and crazy obviously wrong, but yet still hold to it. Add in the bad advice on biblical matters and it looks like the well is dry.

All the years they have been going up is as long as they have been coming down. The radiation concerns didn't start with 5G, but they did carry on. Years is accurate, regardless of your agreement on the issue.
And, yet, we’re only talking about 5G…

Well that isn't my concern. What is my concern(ok not really too much) is that even though the towers come down for reasons other than covid, which would primarily be radiation, you simply can't leave the covid hill.
And, yet, the article you shared implied the arson and vandalism in 2021 was due to COVID conspiracy…

As I said, I completely understand you wanting this to go away. It's not. Practice deception or feign innocence if you want, but them coals aren't going on my head.
No idea what you’re talking about.

Look I know you want to keep covid on the anvil and use every "debate skill" possible to turn all the wrong you have said into right, or at least believe that you are convincing people as much. You aren't.
Again, more vague, baseless, unsubstantiated opinion. :shrug It usually means a person has nothing of substance, as it does here. But if you want to actually provide evidence of said opinions, then do so, otherwise probably best to stop trolling.

Anyone that has looked at this forum for a year or more can see exactly which of you guys relay information from the government/media that turned out to be wrong, and crazy obviously wrong, but yet still hold to it.
Again, vague and no evidence provided. Do you have anything of substance? What information from the government and media turned out to be “crazy obviously wrong”?

Add in the bad advice on biblical matters and it looks like the well is dry.
And one more vague, baseless accusation. Just what is your point in posting in here?

Northman I've been here a lot less than a year but I can already tell which of you spreads the false news.
It's not hard. For the most recent display of who is susceptible to propaganda, just check out any threads on Ukraine. ANY relaying "information" of any hint of a Ukrainian victory and celebrating such are beyond help.

It all has to do with "sources". People are showing who their God is. For many, it is the nation. Though this faux development might please someone of your character, you being the age you claim to be know that many personalities here are not even real.

Back