Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

My book recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabé.

Catholic
In 1943, at Jesus's request, Maria Valtorta began taking dictation from Him and other heavenly persons, as well as describing visions of scenes from Jesus's life on Earth in-depth, etc., filling 122 notebooks totaling thousands of pages. Maria received most of the revelations before 1947, but they continued until 1953. The writings were later published: The Gospel as Revealed to Me, or The Poem of the Man-God: Vols. I–V (a Work on the Life of Jesus), The Notebooks: 1943, The Notebooks: 1944, The Notebooks: 1945-1950, The Little Notebooks, The Lessons of St. Paul to the Romans, and The Book of Azariah.

Having read these books, as well as the mountain of evidence to support Maria Valtorta's claim that she was Jesus's spokesperson, I believe her wholeheartedly. I highly recommend them!

Having read these books, as well as the mountain of evidence to support Maria Valtorta's claim that she was Jesus's spokesperson, I believe her wholeheartedly. I highly recommend them!
No thank you .
In 1943, at Jesus's request, Maria Valtorta began taking dictation from Him and other heavenly persons
Red flag "other heavenly persons " .

Is 'The Poem Of the Man-God' Simply a Bad Novel?

Third, "some passages are rather risque," like the "immodest" dance before Pilate (vol. 5, p. 73). There are "many historical, geographical and other blunders." For instance, Jesus uses screwdrivers (Vol. 1, pp. 195, 223), centuries before screws existed.

There are theological errors, as when "Jesus says" (vol. 1, p. 30) that Eve's temptation consisted in arousing her flesh, as the serpent sensuously "caressed" her. While she "began the sin by herself," she "accomplished it with her companion." Sun Myung Moon and Maria Valtorta may claim the first sin was sexual, but Scripture does not.

Vol. 1, p. 7, oddly claims, "Mary can be called the 'second-born' of the Father . . ." Her explanation limits the meaning, avoiding evidence of an authentic heresy; but it does not take away the basic impression that she wants to construct a new mariology, which simply goes beyond the limits of propriety." "Another strange and imprecise statement" made of Mary (vol. 4, p. 240) is that she will "be second to Peter with regard to ecclesiastical hierarchy. . . " Our Lady surpasses St. Peter's holiness, but she is not in the hierarchy, let alone second to St. Peter.

I think this is potentially a good thread for everyone. Or at least anyone who wants to participate. And so…

My randomly selected favorite books are…

Mere Christianity ✝️ cs Lewis; the myth of mental illness by dr.thomas szasz; and lately pretty much anything from dr.chip Ingram…

Anyone else want to join in?

Red flag "other heavenly persons " .

The "other heavenly persons" refers to God the Father, the Holy Spirit, an angel named "Azariah," Jesus's Mother, the apostle John of Zebedee, and various saints, etc.

Is 'The Poem Of the Man-God' Simply a Bad Novel?

Third, "some passages are rather risque," like the "immodest" dance before Pilate (vol. 5, p. 73). There are "many historical, geographical and other blunders." For instance, Jesus uses screwdrivers (Vol. 1, pp. 195, 223), centuries before screws existed.

There are theological errors, as when "Jesus says" (vol. 1, p. 30) that Eve's temptation consisted in arousing her flesh, as the serpent sensuously "caressed" her. While she "began the sin by herself," she "accomplished it with her companion." Sun Myung Moon and Maria Valtorta may claim the first sin was sexual, but Scripture does not.

Vol. 1, p. 7, oddly claims, "Mary can be called the 'second-born' of the Father . . ." Her explanation limits the meaning, avoiding evidence of an authentic heresy; but it does not take away the basic impression that she wants to construct a new mariology, which simply goes beyond the limits of propriety." "Another strange and imprecise statement" made of Mary (vol. 4, p. 240) is that she will "be second to Peter with regard to ecclesiastical hierarchy. . . " Our Lady surpasses St. Peter's holiness, but she is not in the hierarchy, let alone second to St. Peter.

First, did you fact check the information in your source's article?

The "other heavenly persons" refers to God the Father, the Holy Spirit, an angel named "Azariah,"
Yes , the above listed by you could speak to us .
Jesus's Mother, the apostle John of Zebedee, and various saints, etc.
These are off the rails , they are not speaking to us , there is no need for them too .
First, did you fact check the information in your source's article?
Looks like you are doing it for me .

Steer Clear of Maria Valtorta’s “The Book of Azariah”

“A monument to pseudo-religiosity”: A case against The Poem of the Man-God

The "other heavenly persons" refers to God the Father, the Holy Spirit, an angel named "Azariah," Jesus's Mother, the apostle John of Zebedee, and various saints, etc.
Here is the problem with all of this. Everything that God wants us to learn has already been written down by the Prophets and the Disciples of Christ. There is no new word of God nor any new revelations as basically anyone who says they have a new word or a new revelation, especially when they say they are taking dictation from Jesus and there are no heavenly persons that give dictation as the only ones in the third heaven where God is are God, Jesus and the angels as no one has ever ascended up to the third heaven other than Jesus when He was resurrected, John 3:13.

2Chronicles 15:1 And the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded:
Azariah was not an angel.

It would do you well to read the Bible instead of fantasy books.

[...] they are not speaking to us, there is no need for them too.

According to who?

Looks like you are doing it for me.

That's not a "yes" or "no" answer to what I asked which was, "First, did you fact-check the information in your source's article?" So, yes or no?

First, did you fact-check the information in those articles? Yes or no?

I was researching Maria Valtorta and found she was into Christian mysticism which is not of God.

Christian mysticism is often thought of as the practice of experiential knowledge of God as in so called hidden meanings of scripture as in Gnosticism which is wrong as the Bible does not have hidden meanings.

Christianity focuses on knowing God through the scriptures and communion with the Holy Spirit through prayer. Mysticism tends to be an individual, subjective practice whereas Biblical Christianity is both an individual relationship with God and one that is necessarily out in community as there is no such thing as solo Christian.

Mystical union with God is different from the type of intimacy with God to which Christians are called. Mysticism tends to seek out the experience and is sometimes seen as secretive or elitist. Christians are aware of and engaged in Spiritual realities, Ephesians 1:3; 6:10-19, and Biblical Christianity involves spiritual experience, but intimacy with God is intended for all Christians and is not veiled by any sort of mysterious practice.

Here is the problem with all of this. Everything that God wants us to learn has already been written down by the Prophets and the Disciples of Christ. There is no new word of God nor any new revelations as basically anyone who says they have a new word or a new revelation, especially when they say they are taking dictation from Jesus and there are no heavenly persons that give dictation as the only ones in the third heaven where God is are God, Jesus and the angels as no one has ever ascended up to the third heaven other than Jesus when He was resurrected, John 3:13.

After Eve and Adam's disobedience to God, Heaven was closed to humanity. After Jesus's obedience to God by sacrificing Himself, He re-opened Heaven to humanity, and thus Jesus's statement in Jn. 3:13 applied to us up until then.

2Chronicles 15:1 And the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded:
Azariah was not an angel.

I didn't say that the human prophet Azariah, the son of Oded, is the angel Azariah. So, did you assume that when I said, "the angel Azariah" I was referring to the human prophet named "Azariah" just because they share a name?

It would do you well to read the Bible instead of fantasy books.

First, have you read Maria Valtorta's writings, or the evidence that supports her claims that she received visions, and took dictation from Jesus and other heavenly persons?

I was researching Maria Valtorta and found she was into Christian mysticism which is not of God.

Christian mysticism is often thought of as the practice of experiential knowledge of God as in so called hidden meanings of scripture as in Gnosticism which is wrong as the Bible does not have hidden meanings.

Christianity focuses on knowing God through the scriptures and communion with the Holy Spirit through prayer. Mysticism tends to be an individual, subjective practice whereas Biblical Christianity is both an individual relationship with God and one that is necessarily out in community as there is no such thing as solo Christian.

Mystical union with God is different from the type of intimacy with God to which Christians are called. Mysticism tends to seek out the experience and is sometimes seen as secretive or elitist. Christians are aware of and engaged in Spiritual realities, Ephesians 1:3; 6:10-19, and Biblical Christianity involves spiritual experience, but intimacy with God is intended for all Christians and is not veiled by any sort of mysterious practice.

In the same paragraph from GotQuestions.org that you just summarized, it also says, "Christian mysticism is a difficult term to define" and "Not all of what could be considered "Christian mysticism" is wrong [...]." Since you claim that Maria Valtorta was "into Christian mysticism which is not of God," what type of Christian mysticism are you referring to?

Last edited:
Jesus is risen but these you speak of are not.

If by "risen" you mean that their soul and body haven't yet rejoined, then that's correct, but they're still alive and speak because their soul is a spirit, and spirits are immortal.

Nothing more to say but, no thank you on the book.

Ok. Well, if you decide to answer my question in this post, as well as my questions in post #7, that would be good.

Last edited:
According to who?
The Bible .
Jesus's Mother, the apostle John of Zebedee, and various saints, etc.
Show me in the bible where these are risen from the grave .
Ok. Well, if you decide to answer my question in this post, as well as my questions in post #7, that would be good.
The answer is read the Bible not fantasy if you want God's word .
claim that she was Jesus's spokesperson
Did you fact check that ?

And how did you do that ?
Again, that's not a "yes" or "no" answer to what I asked which was, "First, did you fact-check the information in your source's article?" So, yes or no?
Sometimes yes or no answers never happen around here , sad to say . More fact checking here for you .

What can you tell me about the book "Poem of the Man-God?" Has it been condemned by the Church?

Answer:

Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume work of prose written by Maria Valtorta, purports to be a factual account of the life of Christ as revealed by Jesus himself. Interest in the work grew after one of the alleged seers from Medjugorje claimed that the Virgin Mary okayed the reading of the book. The history of the book leads one to question the credibility of this claim. In 1960 The Poem of the Man-God, then a four-volume set, was placed on the Index of Forbidden Books. The official Vatican newspaper, L’Osservatore Romano, summarized the findings of the Holy Office in an article titled “A Life of Jesus Badly Fictionalized.” When the publishers tried to get around this condemnation the next year by publishing a new ten-volume set, the work again was condemned in the Vatican paper which called it “a mountain of childishness, of fantasies, and of historical and exegetical falsehoods, diluted in a subtly sensual atmosphere.”
In correspondence with Catholic Answers, Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop Agostino Cacciavillan, pointed out that, although the Index was abolished in 1965, it still retains its moral force, and faithful Catholics should heed the reservations and cautions expressed in it.

Do you remember King Saul speaking to the dead ? How did that go ? Who summoned the dead ?
That is the only example we have in the Bible .

What can you tell me about the book "Poem of the Man-God?" Has it been condemned by the Church?

Answer:

Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume work of prose written by Maria Valtorta, purports to be a factual account of the life of Christ as revealed by Jesus himself. Interest in the work grew after one of the alleged seers from Medjugorje claimed that the Virgin Mary okayed the reading of the book. The history of the book leads one to question the credibility of this claim. In 1960 The Poem of the Man-God, then a four-volume set, was placed on the Index of Forbidden Books. The official Vatican newspaper, L’Osservatore Romano, summarized the findings of the Holy Office in an article titled “A Life of Jesus Badly Fictionalized.” When the publishers tried to get around this condemnation the next year by publishing a new ten-volume set, the work again was condemned in the Vatican paper which called it “a mountain of childishness, of fantasies, and of historical and exegetical falsehoods, diluted in a subtly sensual atmosphere.”
In correspondence with Catholic Answers, Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop Agostino Cacciavillan, pointed out that, although the Index was abolished in 1965, it still retains its moral force, and faithful Catholics should heed the reservations and cautions expressed in it.

First, did you fact-check theinformation in that article?

Do you remember King Saul speaking to the dead ? How did that go ? Who summoned the dead ?
That is the only example we have in the Bible?

Maria Valtorta didn't perform necromancy as Saul did, and thus that's an inequable comparison.

Sometimes yes or no answers never happen around here, sad to say.

So, you refuse to answer "yes" or "no" in reply to being asked if you fact-checked your own sources? If so, how come?

And how did you do that ?

I asked if you fact-checked your own sources, and you haven't answered "yes" or "no." You asked me the same question, and I answered "yes." Now, you're asking for more from me, but I'm a firm believer in the words, "Effort is a direct reflection of interest," and I'm not seeing any effort from you. If you're not willing to put in the effort, don't expect anything in return.

First, did you fact-check theinformation in that article?
Sure .

Poem of the Man-God, a multi-volume work of prose written by Maria Valtorta, purports to be a factual account of the life of Christ as revealed by Jesus himself.

Is this true ?

Interest in the work grew after one of the alleged seers from Medjugorje claimed that the Virgin Mary okayed the reading of the book.

Is this true ?

The history of the book leads one to question the credibility of this claim.

Is that true ?

Sabé. Would you call this book a Catholic Book ?

Christian mysticism
After Eve and Adam's disobedience to God, Heaven was closed to humanity. After Jesus's obedience to God by sacrificing Himself, He re-opened Heaven to humanity, and thus Jesus's statement in Jn. 3:13 applied to us up until then.

I didn't say that the human prophet Azariah, the son of Oded, is the angel Azariah. So, did you assume that when I said, "the angel Azariah" I was referring to the human prophet named "Azariah" just because they share a name?

First, have you read Maria Valtorta's writings, or the evidence that supports her claims that she received visions, and took dictation from Jesus and other heavenly persons?
Either you believe John 3:13 or you believe in Christian mysticism and follow this false prophet Maria Valtorta. That's up to you.

It was you in Post #4 that mentioned an angel named Azariah and upon researching this there is no angel called Azariah found in the Bible, but Azariah is found.

I will have nothing to do with what this false prophetess has claimed about her self or any words that come out of her mouth as being anything Jesus has given her to write. I already explained what Christian mysticism is in which she was involved in and unfortunately you are being blindsided by this occult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back