Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Christian husband is neglecting me.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
When my husband and I got married we were not believers. We were raised catholic, but we were casual churchgoers.

About a year ago, my husband started reading the Bible and fully immersing himself in the Christian lifestyle. I stayed the same. Since his faith has gotten stronger, I feel really neglected and lonely. He is not interested in the old things anymore, like going out, concerts, watching tv shows together, etc because he feels that these activities do not serve God.

I don't think I ever have a similar level of faith as him, and I am not sure how to keep going forward. I haven't seen any positive changes from him since his switch and I feel like his faith is actually pushing me away from "God". I want to hear some Christian perspectives on how I can get our marriage to be saved. Is he on the right path? Is this what God wants from a Christian husband?
You are speaking from a secular, worldly, carnal point of view, and in this what is positive for this world, is not positive for God: the putting off of old things is whereunto we are called, and the putting on of the renewing of our mind, that we be no more conformed to this world.

Hello friend. No one is judging you or criticizing anyone. It's about making a commitment to God. Christian people and the world are going in different directions. Luke chapter 9:23. And He said to them all, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his Cross daily, and follow Me. Being compadable is important. A Christian shouldn't be in a position to compromise their values and beliefs. Its about serving God. James chapter 1:22. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. Those who carry their own cross daily, are doers of the word. Jesus can't use someone who isn't 100 percent committed to serving Him. That's why Christian people study the bible. To have spirtual growth. To plant seeds for God, sharing Gods truth with lost souls. Can someone drive car with no gasoline? Of course not. Jesus looks at your spiritual condition. Hebrews chapter 5:12. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be first principal of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. AKROATES in Greek means = hearer merely. AGRAMMATOS in Greek means = unlearned. Jesus gets reports from Angel's on Christian people spirtual condition. In the last 10 years, was their any spirtual growth ??. This is extremely important to Jesus. It comes back to, if any man will carry his cross daily??. Where's the committ and what's the spirtual growth?? Get the picture. PAIDEIA in Greek means = discipline. SPOUDAZO in Greek means = diligent, study. Look at the yard and house of people. You can see discipline or no discipline. Being caught up ways of the world is lack of discipline. There's lack of stability. Lack of knowledge. Christian people carry their cross daily, are doers of the word, they Advance in knowledge, by studying the bible. Second Timothy chapter 2:4. No man that wars entangled himself with the affairs of the this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be soldier. A person can't have one foot in the light and other foot in darkness. You can't walk on both sides of the fence. Jesus will only except 100 percent committ. AKATASTASIA in Greek means = instability, confusion. BEBAIOS in Greek means = steadfast. Being a doer of the word is steadfast, stable. Hearers of the word are unstable, instability. Theirs no cohesion between the two. Get the picture. The results. One is going in different direction. The other the opposite direction. The one with instability will lag further and further away. It could result in a car crash. Talking spirtualty. Like friction or resentment. Jesus is the light, follow Him.

I have an idea. You could find the Bible texts that tell husbands how to treat wives. Try, for example, Ephesians 5. You could tell him you’ll work on doing the first verses if he’ll work on loving you as Christ loves the church and gave himself for her.

And I personally think a lot of posts here blame you. Don’t listen to them.

1 Corinthians 7:34 kjv
34. There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

If you begin to grow in the Lord you may understand what he is going through.

Welcome aboard. You are the first newcomer I have started out with this way. Usually we slowly address issues.

Marriage is sometimes stressed by changes. It works both ways. In Christ there is neither male or female. Please relax into being with us here. We are sure for your feeling being cared for.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Revelation 2:4 bottom line is in order for relationships to flourish God has to be our first love.

When my husband and I got married we were not believers. We were raised catholic, but we were casual churchgoers.

About a year ago, my husband started reading the Bible and fully immersing himself in the Christian lifestyle. I stayed the same. Since his faith has gotten stronger, I feel really neglected and lonely. He is not interested in the old things anymore, like going out, concerts, watching tv shows together, etc because he feels that these activities do not serve God.

I don't think I ever have a similar level of faith as him, and I am not sure how to keep going forward. I haven't seen any positive changes from him since his switch and I feel like his faith is actually pushing me away from "God". I want to hear some Christian perspectives on how I can get our marriage to be saved. Is he on the right path? Is this what God wants from a Christian husband?
Revelation 2:4 in order for a relationship to flourish God has to be your first love.

May I ask, if he's no longer interested in those "old things" which you guys used to enjoy together, what is he interested in now? Positive changes are a sign of genuine faith, if he has really committed to God, why is there no positive changes? At least he should be more productive and more temperant, doing more chores and eating healthy, stuffs like that.

In a Hornblower episode (Ep.8: Duty), Captain Hornblower’s mother-in-law compares his wife to his ship and crew, and asks her son-in-law: “is it too much that you might think of one wife, that you might think of her as your duty too?” Thereafter he gives better time to his wife, and from coming to see her as a duty of care, comes to care more for her. It is ironic, that those modelling God the father most, don’t always model him best, gaining perhaps a church but losing a child. The answer must be in becoming like the father, and that comes from first seeing him as he is.

Assuming your husband now has a Christian covenant with God, he still has a marriage covenant with you. Not all activities serve God, true, but that does not mean that they should play no part in our rightful entertainment. I think of how superfluous and wonderful The Lord of the Rings (J R R Tolkien) is to sit and read. God did not make us to be all work and no play, and even left Adam & his wife to get on with their own happiness in the Garden, visiting now and again (Genesis 3:8). Though they chose bad entertainment, was Yahweh God mistaken to encourage free time? Your husband might not yet see within his new perspective, that God desires us to enjoy all good aspects of life (Philippians 4:8)—social, sexual, sun, food, worship, etc.

You do not say whether you have spoken with (not to) your husband about inhouse management, ie your mutual life. It might be that he, with a new perspective, yearns for your sake for you to enter his journey. It is a journey which should show some signs of positive improvement, but sometimes these are not always seen by those not on the same road, singing from the same hymn sheet. In The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (C S Lewis), Eustace returns and seems to his modern parents to have become “very commonplace and tiresom”, who blame his Christian friends (the Pevensie children), simply because they themselves don’t see with his new eyes (ch.16).

I would hope that you attend a good biblical church together, whether a Roman Catholic or of some other denomination. If you feel able to pray—if not as a Christian to God as father, at least as a believer (theist) to God as God—how about daily asking God to bless your husband and your life together (marriage)? If you are a reader, you might find that this story helps, where a husband and wife face some similar issues: https://archive.org/details/revisiting-the-pilgrims-progress-230703/page/n3/mode/2up. I wish you well.

There is a book about love languages. I believe there are 5. It is not horoscope or anything of that nature. There is a fast quiz online that can help. Find out what his is and what yours is and talk and go from there.
I guess you mean, The 5 Love Languages, by Gary Chapman, Gary;)

Back