Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] my daughter

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

shandy

I am not sure but I think God has reached out to me through my daughter. This may sound crazy but I really do. I was raised in a nonreligious family we celebrated Christmas but if not for that I would never know we we're Christian. I have great parents they love me and I was not abused in anyway, I became a heavy drug user at a very young age and became pregnant from my dealer boyfriend. I was on a very bad path. I stopped using as soon as I found out about the baby but it was hard. One night while going through mild withdrawl I prayed to God for the first time in my life. I prayed for him to save my baby. I was in a terrible accident the next day and my daughter had to be born immediately. I was angry I felt God rejected my prayer. The doctor told me later that day my baby had been in severe fetal distress and if I hadn't gotten into the accident that forced her birth she would've died in the whom. I never went back to drugs and her father and I split and she has never met him. As a toddler she often spoke of ghost angels and when I asked what they we're she would say love. When she was five she asked if I knew where babies came from because she did. I said really where? She said God. I asked her how she knew that? She told me because God sent her to me because he knew I really needed her. haven't always been the best mom and struggled with alcoholism but she has always had this remarkable faith in God. As crazy as it sounds for the ten years she has been here she has been my rock. She reads books on religion and is the most brilliant child. She is in advanced classes and I wonder sometimes how she could really be mine. I had strings of boyfriends,and jobs I am not proud of but she seems to always thrive. I am done with all that now and working on the alcoholism. She told me the other day that I am doing great and we should go to church. I said we will see. She said God loves you mom he knows your trying and he is waiting for you to believe you deserve his love. I cried when she went to bed and prayed again. I want to go to church and am going to give this a real try. For her

None of us are perfect. I love your story, because you're so willing to admit that you're a work-in-progress. So am I, so is every Christian I can think of. You're blessed with a beautiful child. God really is working through her to get both of you into church so the two of you can have a better life and a better connection to God. That's love right there.

:)

Beautiful story. I believe your child has truly been talking to God and hears Him.

None of us are perfect. I love your story, because you're so willing to admit that you're a work-in-progress. So am I, so is every Christian I can think of. You're blessed with a beautiful child. God really is working through her to get both of you into church so the two of you can have a better life and a better connection to God. That's love right there.

:)

thank you

Beautiful story. I believe your child has truly been talking to God and hears Him.

You know I really think she may be too. She is amazing. Until her I didn't think that sort of thing was possible.

You know I really think she may be too. She is amazing. Until her I didn't think that sort of thing was possible.
Its possible for any of us to if we receive Jesus into our life. He wants a relationship with you. He wants to bless you and for you to experience His love for you. :biggrin

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

I am not sure but I think God has reached out to me through my daughter. This may sound crazy but I really do. I was raised in a nonreligious family we celebrated Christmas but if not for that I would never know we we're Christian. I have great parents they love me and I was not abused in anyway, I became a heavy drug user at a very young age and became pregnant from my dealer boyfriend. I was on a very bad path. I stopped using as soon as I found out about the baby but it was hard. One night while going through mild withdrawl I prayed to God for the first time in my life. I prayed for him to save my baby. I was in a terrible accident the next day and my daughter had to be born immediately. I was angry I felt God rejected my prayer. The doctor told me later that day my baby had been in severe fetal distress and if I hadn't gotten into the accident that forced her birth she would've died in the whom. I never went back to drugs and her father and I split and she has never met him. As a toddler she often spoke of ghost angels and when I asked what they we're she would say love. When she was five she asked if I knew where babies came from because she did. I said really where? She said God. I asked her how she knew that? She told me because God sent her to me because he knew I really needed her. haven't always been the best mom and struggled with alcoholism but she has always had this remarkable faith in God. As crazy as it sounds for the ten years she has been here she has been my rock. She reads books on religion and is the most brilliant child. She is in advanced classes and I wonder sometimes how she could really be mine. I had strings of boyfriends,and jobs I am not proud of but she seems to always thrive. I am done with all that now and working on the alcoholism. She told me the other day that I am doing great and we should go to church. I said we will see. She said God loves you mom he knows your trying and he is waiting for you to believe you deserve his love. I cried when she went to bed and prayed again. I want to go to church and am going to give this a real try. For her

Out of the mouth of babes. God gave her as a special gift to you. God is love and he is showing it through your daughter. Continue to be the best mother you can. Seek God for yourself. He will guide you. It will be small steps but he knows how you have struggle. Prayers will be offered up on your behalf.

Chapter 2 of the book of Luke in the Bible (Luke 2) has the story of when Jesus was a child and how the workings of God evidenced through this child affected his mother Mary. "But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart." Jesus would go on to affect many people, but it was also said to Mary herself: "and a sword will pierce through your own soul also." At age 12, Jesus said to his parents, "Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?" (ESV)

Wow, sounds like the type of kid anybody wants to have around :) God has a purpose for you and her. Don't just "try" for her. "Try" for yourself! God is always good and won't ever change that, even when we don't feel very deserving. God knows I'm not, because I used to be like your ex; a drug dealer. Thank God He changed me, and now 7 years later I'm a missionary haha. My life' story is radical, but I still see that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. God bless you!

Shandy, Best of luck to you. Take care in choosing your Church. A Church with signs of extravagence and self indulgence may not be the best choice. Bible based churches that clearly welcome anyone in my opinion are the most real.

If you have access to medical care, you might want to get yourself evaluated and see what treatment choices are offered. You can get there. A first step is to break all ties with anyone you party with. I found that helped me immensley. Try staying single for a while till you pull it all together. A relationship can be just the stress you need to knock you back into addiction. The relationship you're starting to pursue with God will be fullfilling.

I will remember you and your lovely (extremely bright) daughter in my prayers.
Charles

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back