Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My friend said I should look into this so here I am lol

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I will go along with that, now you and the other 98% of christians have a serious problem....every sin Yashar'el and Yahudah committed they were driven into exile, the church commits alot of the same sins yet they think they get rewarded....forsake the Sabbath, forsake The Moediym/Yah's Set Apart Feast, don't know the difference from clean and unclean....tons of christians will hear Matthew 7:23.
Some of the Jews sent into captivity repented.

Some of the Jews that sighed over the sins of Israel were scattered to save them from slaughter.
Ezekiel 9:4 kjv
4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

Romans 11:22 kjv
22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

That Romans passage is New Testament, but the Ezekiel passage is that same goodness extended to some Jewish persons, and severity to other Jews.

God is not all wrath
God is not all mercy

When we see both goodness and severity, we can not say:
God will have mercy on me no matter what.
God will never have mercy.

Yes sinners are in trouble.
Mercy comes by/through repentance
Salvation comes through Jesus Christ.

If you wish to differ on a few words I will accept that.

The general concept I think stands.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

No - it appears to me you are the one being dishonest about what the bible says.

Not what I am saying at all. Paul specifically prohibits that idea several times. But perhaps you are dealing with a wrong, or at least incomplete, definition of "sin?"

Do you understand the New Covenant connumdrum of "sinned if you do and sinned if you don't?"

God does not deal in a one size fits all world as far as His directions go. They are individually tailored for each group of people and to a degree each individual.

It would be sin for a Benjamite to go into the temple and sacrifice lambs, while refusing to do so would be a sin for an Aaronic priest. There are specific requirements that differ according to gender. Is it any stretch to believe that there are some differences between Jews and Gentile believers?

According to the Word of Yahuah Tsevaoth in 1st John 2:3-6...And by this we may be sure that we know Him, if we Keep His Commandments. He who says "I know Him" but disobeys His Commandments is a Liar, and the Truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His Commandments, in him truly Love for Elohyim is perfected. By this we may sure that we are in Him; he who says he abides in Him ought to walk in the same way in which He walked.

Messiah kept the Sabbath, the Moediym, ate clean, and obeyed the Voice of His Father.

1st John 3:4...Every one who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness/Torahlessness; sin is lawlessness/Torahlessness.

Yahuah Elohyim says there is no difference between the Two Houses and those gentile that have been grafted into Yashar'el, Romans11.....you are NOT a gentile any more, a gentile is a Latin word for the genetics of Rome, but thinking about it 98% of christians adhere to some form of Roman doctrine, so your right, the church is gentile.

you are NOT a gentile any more, a gentile is a Latin word for the genetics of Rome, but thinking about it 98% of christians adhere to some form of Roman doctrine, so your right, the church is gentile.
OK lets drop the word "gentile." Yes it is from classical Latin as I have said.

Lets use the word GOY instead. The church is GOY. I am a redeemed GOY.

Messiah kept the Sabbath, the Moediym, ate clean, and obeyed the Voice of His Father.
Of course He did. He was a Jewish male "born under the Law." Gal 4.4 To not obey the Law flawlessly would have invalidated Him from being our perfect sacrifice.

Of course He did. He was a Jewish male "born under the Law." Gal 4.4 To not obey the Law flawlessly would have invalidated Him from being our perfect sacrifice.

You said sin is not a one size fits all, and sin is different for individuals.....Romans 14 is the only place you find that....if we read Romans 14 in context Paul is talking about fast days, the whole chapter is about food, in the gospels we read the Pharisees fasted twice a week, others in Rome did not. 1st John tells us what sin is and it doesn't delineate.

Concerning Galatians 4:4 if we keep in context to what is being written/said; Galatians 4:1-7....v7...So through Elohiym you are no longer a slave/goyim/gentile BUT A SON, and if a SON then an Heir.

Sounds like you Rabbi is still trying to keep you separated with the dividing wall of hostility.

Concerning Galatians 4:4 if we keep in context to what is being written/said; Galatians 4:1-7....v7...So through Elohiym you are no longer a slave/goyim/gentile BUT A SON, and if a SON then an Heir.
Stop adding to scripture. The text NEVER says "goyim/gentile." You are adding that to make a point.

You said sin is not a one size fits all, and sin is different for individuals.....Romans 14 is the only place you find that....if we read Romans 14 in context Paul is talking about fast days, the whole chapter is about food,
Romans 14:23
But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

This is what I am talking about. Yes Paul is talking about eating food, and not just any food, KOSHER food.

But he makes his point by stating a general principle and applying it to the specific situation. In this case the general principle (applied to everything) is this: "whatever is not from faith is sin." What one person has faith for may not be the same as the next person. In fact, in some circles, obeying certain scriptures is taught as sinful. If a person truly believes that, they sin if they do not obey the scripture and they sin if they DO obey the scripture because they believe it to be sinful.

"Sinned if you and sinned if you don't."

Stop adding to scripture. The text NEVER says "goyim/gentile." You are adding that to make a point.
That right, and if you can't see that it applies, then you are still reading with a Greco-Roman mindset.....and you can take all the pictures you want with a Torah Scroll and it don't change that fact....speaking of adding to Scripture you better look in the mirror!

Romans 14:23
But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

This is what I am talking about. Yes Paul is talking about eating food, and not just any food, KOSHER food.

But he makes his point by stating a general principle and applying it to the specific situation. In this case the general principle (applied to everything) is this: "whatever is not from faith is sin." What one person has faith for may not be the same as the next person. In fact, in some circles, obeying certain scriptures is taught as sinful. If a person truly believes that, they sin if they do not obey the scripture and they sin if they DO obey the scripture because they believe it to be sinful.

"Sinned if you and sinned if you don't."
So eating pork that you know had been sacrificed to zesus, was not a sin for you ?

Back