Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

My friend said I should look into this so here I am lol

We see that in Acts

We saw that take place in Acts 2:4-13...some heard in their own tongues and believed, just as Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 14 and some religious people didn't hear and thought they were drunk....much like on these forums!
Oh well I did not say enough.

I was speaking of the Roman authority and the Greek New Testament.

Kings of Nations tried to speak to Jews. Telling them that Gid had sent them,

2 Chronicles 35:20 kjv
20. After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Carchemish by Euphrates: and Josiah went out against him.
21. But he sent ambassadors to him, saying, What have I to do with thee, thou king of Judah? I come not against thee this day, but against the house wherewith I have war: for God commanded me to make haste: forbear thee from meddling withGod, who is with me, that he destroy thee not.

Give us Barrabas would be a NT example. Of not listening to Rome declare Jesus innocent.

But I do agree with you too.

It just says another tongue.

eddif

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

Is there anywhere in the New Testament where Jesus or His Apostles condemned any for not observing the Sabbath?

JLB
No, because they kept the Sabbath, even pagans knew when was the Sabbath and keeping the Sabbath has always been the sign of the Covenant

Acts 15:14-21...v.14.Kepha has related how Yahuah Elohyim first visited the goyim, to take out a people called by His Name. And with this the Words of the Prophets agree, as it were written, " After this I will return, and I will rebuild the dwelling of David, which has fallen; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will set it up, that the rest of men may seek Yahuah, and all the goyim who are called by My Name, says Yahuah, who has made these things known from of old." V.21. For from early generations Moses has had in every city those who preach him, being read in the Synagogues every Sabbath.

Exodus 12:39...There shall be One Law for the Native and for the stranger that sojourns among you.

Leviticus 24:22 You shall have One Law for the stranger as well for the native.

Numbers 15:14-16...One Law and One ordinance shall be for you and for the stranger who sojourns among you.

Deuteronomy 31:12 Assemble the people, men, women, and the little ones, and the sojourner within your towns, that they may hear and learn to fear Yahuah your Elohiym, and be careful to do all the Words of the Law,...

It's more than clear that when Gentiles are called by Yah to follow Him then they are to to as the Native born and Yah sees no difference.

You do realize the Renewed Covenant is written on the Hearts of Yah's children.....and as Jeremiah 7:21-28...v.22 For I spoke NOT unto your fathers nor Commanded them in that day that I brought them out of Mitsrayim concerning ascending smoke offerings or sacrifices. But this thing I Commanded them, saying OBEY MY VOICE.....as I have said before, the strict rules came AFTER they BROKE the Covenant.

How hard is that to understand ?

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

Is there anywhere in the New Testament where Jesus or His Apostles condemned any for not observing the Sabbath?

JLB
I more or less agree.

King David worshiped God with the inner man. Heart after God. Was he perfect at it? No. The tabernacle of David IMHO was his hide stretched over the bones of his body. Not a temple as such. When David sinned he turned to prayer to repent.

Matthew chapters 5-7 were the abstract issues of life (the Kingdom in us).

But then rednecks are strange
eddif

There shall be One Law for the Native and for the stranger that sojourns among you.

Leviticus 24:22 You shall have One Law for the stranger as well for the native.

Numbers 15:14-16...One Law and One ordinance shall be for you and for the stranger who sojourns among you.

Deuteronomy 31:12 Assemble the people, men, women, and the little ones, and the sojourner within your towns, that they may hear and learn to fear Yahuah your Elohiym, and be careful to do all the Words of the Law,...

This is the law of Moses.

The Church is not under the law of Moses.

Please go ahead and show us from the New Testament how the Church is to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

JLB

I have a feeling you didn't read the Jeremiah 7 passage, and the 10 Commandments are very much still ineffect....Messiah kept the Sabbath all the Days of His Life, are you not to live and follow His Example ?

Paul, taught the Tribe's of Yashar'el and the Gentiles 88 times in the book of Acts...all on the Sabbath.

Acts 13:42-44...As they went out, the people begged that these things be told them the next SABBATH. And when the meeting at the synagogue broke up, many of the Jews and devout converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who spoke to them and urged them to continue in the Grace of God....The next SABBATH almost the whole city gathered together to hear the Word of God.....funny thing they were hearing OLDER COVENANT TEACHING !!!

Acts 20:7....
Do you know how to use a Strong's Concordance? If you don't, then learn. Because the Greek is clear they worshipped on the Sabbath.... another funny thing is You Can't prove God ever changed the 7th Day of Rest to the 1st day which has always been a pagan sun worship day.

So.
You pretty much covered the rest of the Father (IMHO). I realize the physical aspect of creation and the spiritual pre begotten son (Jesus) Being Involved in creation.

On the cross Jesus said it is finished. Not was. Not will be. The work of Jesus taking care of making salvation possible was finished. Jesus the man could rest. The spiritual man was still active (see below). Our sins were in the body of Jesus.
1 Peter 2:24

Psalms 121:4 kjv
4. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

It would appear rest is what God Does IMHO. This is where God is not us. We sleep and slumber. Similar yes. The exact same maybe not.

We enter into the rest of Jesus. Sins are dealt with. We are buried with him.

In the flood it was a boat.
Jonah was in a great fish
We are in Christ

Do I totally get this? I still have on my dark sunshades.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Those of the new covenant are "in Christ". You are correct Jesus death paid the ransom for what Adam lost.

It's not surprising that you know no one who can keep the Sabbath, considering you dont....the Sabbath starts at sundown Friday and ends sundown Saturday evening.... Praise, Worship, reading, meditation, repeat...what is hard about that ?
You are exactly correct on the time sir, I salute you, take note of this account however:
(Numbers 15:32-36) 32 While the Israelites were in the wilderness, they found a man collecting pieces of wood on the Sabbath day. 33 Those who found him collecting wood brought him up to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly. 34 They committed him into custody because it had not been specified what should be done to him. 35 And Jehovah said to Moses: “The man should be put to death without fail, and the whole assembly should stone him outside the camp.” 36 So the whole assembly brought him outside the camp and stoned him so that he died, just as Jehovah had commanded Moses.

If you actually do as you stated, you are quite correct, but you should be willing to accept the stated punishment if you violate it. Won't be too many who receive salvation if that law is part of the law of the Christ that we Christians are to observe. Most people don't even know the day the Sabbath is.

You are exactly correct on the time sir, I salute you, take note of this account however:
(Numbers 15:32-36) 32 While the Israelites were in the wilderness, they found a man collecting pieces of wood on the Sabbath day. 33 Those who found him collecting wood brought him up to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly. 34 They committed him into custody because it had not been specified what should be done to him. 35 And Jehovah said to Moses: “The man should be put to death without fail, and the whole assembly should stone him outside the camp.” 36 So the whole assembly brought him outside the camp and stoned him so that he died, just as Jehovah had commanded Moses.

If you actually do as you stated, you are quite correct, but you should be willing to accept the stated punishment if you violate it. Won't be too many who receive salvation if that law is part of the law of the Christ that we Christians are to observe. Most people don't even know the day the Sabbath is.
What do you say the Law of Christ is ?

Exodus 12:39...There shall be One Law for the Native and for the stranger that sojourns among you.
I believe you are missing the application of a pertinent phrase: " ... that sojourns among you."

This means that it is ONLY applicable to those gentiles who are living among the Jews. If neither your home or congregation have a sizable portion of ethnic Jews, this is not applicable.

I believe you are missing the application of a pertinent phrase: " ... that sojourns among you."

This means that it is ONLY applicable to those gentiles who are living among the Jews. If neither your home or congregation have a sizable portion of ethnic Jews, this is not applicable.
Or?
If both segments are Christian the differences do not cause as many problems?

eddif

There are 3 words in Hebrew for stranger, English translations are Not very good at driving the point home as to what is being said. If you being a gentile are called by the Name Yahuah Yahusha then you are to walk in the PROTOCOLS of Yahuah Tsevaoth.

First word for stranger is, neichar: it means an apostate of Yashar'el or a pagan gentile passing through.

Second word for stranger is, toshov: it means a gentile living in the land, But Does Not Believe in Yahuah Tsevaoth.

The third word for stranger is, Ger: it means a gentile who believes in Yahuah Tsevaoth is a disciple and is following Yah, with all of their heart, mind, and soul. Abraham was a Ger, Sarah was a Ger.

This is the why the Judizers wanted Gentiles to be circumcised. So, how many jews or non jews you have in a Called Out Assembly doesn't matter, people called by Yahuah Yahusha are to follow after the Pattern of Yahusha Ha' Masheiac and walk as He walked.

Numbers 15:15...this passage says it all....There shall be one ordinance for both you of Yashar'el and for the stranger/Ger that sojourns with you, an ordinance forever in your generations: as you are, so shall the stranger/Ger be before Yahuah Tsevaoth. Yah Commanded it !

The third word for stranger is, Ger: it means a gentile who believes in Yahuah Tsevaoth is a disciple and is following Yah, with all of their heart, mind, and soul. Abraham was a Ger, Sarah was a Ger.
That is a rabbinic after-the-fact interpretation which I reject.
A Ger is a gentile, period. I do not believe it refers to proselytes or to God fearers.

That is a rabbinic after-the-fact interpretation which I reject.
A Ger is a gentile, period. I do not believe it refers to proselytes or to God fearers.
A Ger is a Hebrew, Abraham was a Ger...it really doesn't matter what you think ....the Scripture teaches it so you have a serious problem. And no it's not Rabbinic it's straight out of the Torah.
What does Hebrew mean ? One who has crossed over from unbelief.....98 % of christians don't even study the OT or Hebrew. Sounds like you're one of the 98%.

Back