Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

new day, new beginning

SuperKal

non-denominational, Christ Follower
Hello everyone. My name is SuperKal.

I'm a big anime fan, my favorite anime is Dragon Ball Z, I loved kaiju films, the first kaiju film I ever saw as a child was Godzilla 1985, and it's still today is one of my favorite giant monster films. I have a passion for Christian metal music. Before I was saved, the Lord used Christian medal in my life to help me realize that he does love me, he does care for me, and he does want to see me have in your own life... it was through that music that the Lord stopped me from committing suicide in 2004, and every day I have been unbelievably grateful for that moment.

I'm a big anime fan, my favorite anime is Dragon Ball Z, I loved kaiju films, the first kaiju film I ever saw as a child was Godzilla 1985, and it's still today is one of my favorite giant monster films. I have a passion for Christian metal music. Before I was saved, the Lord used Christian medal in my life to help me realize that he does love me, he does care for me, and he does want to see me have in your own life... it was through that music that the Lord stopped me from committing suicide in 2004, and every day I have been unbelievably grateful for that moment.

Greetings, SuperKal.

I played metal before coming to Christ as well. Hope you enjoy being a member here, and feel free to ask if you need any assistance on anything.
- H

P.S. How did you find us btw?

Hi SuperKal and welcome to CF :wave2

Just jump in anywhere and fill free to start your own threads. There is also a Q&A forum if you have any questions we hopefully can help you with.

God bless :)

As a musician I can tell you that music speaks to the soul. In a way that words cannot.

Greetings, SuperKal.

I played metal before coming to Christ as well. Hope you enjoy being a member here, and feel free to ask if you need any assistance on anything.
- H

P.S. How did you find us btw?
Thank you for the warm greeting, I hope to enjoy my stay here.
I found this forum through a duckduckgo websearch.
I do actually kind of like the layout and format of this forum come especially how you guys don't show how many posts an individual has made... It makes it a little more anonymous, but not in a bad way, it gives an appearance that every one is equal, and I like that

As a musician I can tell you that music speaks to the soul. In a way that words cannot.
One of the bands that has recently touched my life touched and shaped my life in such a profound way is the Christian metal band Impending Doom.
On their album the Sin and Doom Vol 2, they have a song called The Serpent Tongue, and it is a song that is written to the black metal community, and Satanists... the reason it speaks to me so much is because I used to be a satanist, and I used to listen to black metal, and that song speaks so unbelievably powerful to me, so powerful that it always brings me to tears, and it always reminds me just how great our Savior really is... I even did a lyric video to that song about two or three years ago.

Currently, since Sleeping Giant has split, Tommy Green and Joe Holt created the metalcore worship band called HolyName, and their debut self titled album is everything that I want to hear in a Christian metal band.

I love Christian metal, But I do think a few worship albums would be amazing, I know Sleeping Giant had quite a few worship songs and their lineup, I just wish more Christian metal bands would do that... One song track that I can't recommend enough from HolyName is the song titled Fall On Your Knees. It has guest vocals from Brooke Reeves of Impending Doom, and it is one of the most flooring worship songs I have ever heard in my adult Christian life. I like all their songs, but this one truly, truly hits differently... it hits me so hard, It makes you want to fall on my knees... Now that I think about it , in actuality, it makes me want to fall to my face on the floor and just be in a state of humility and reverence for Jesus.

I'm actually working on a lyric video right now with that song in mind, and hopefully, soon, i'll be able to finish it

On their album the Sin and Doom Vol 2, they have a song called The Serpent Tongue, and it is a song that is written to the black metal community, and Satanists... the reason it speaks to me so much is because I used to be a satanist, and I used to listen to black metal, and that song speaks so unbelievably powerful to me

Well that's interesting. I was being recruited by some Satanists before I finally quit my last band. They kept hanging around us, and were trying to turn us on to stuff like Exodus, Merciful Fate and other openly Satanist bands.

If I may, how deep were you into Satanism, and how and why did you leave it?

Blessings.

Well that's interesting. I was being recruited by some Satanists before I finally quit my last band. They kept hanging around us, and were trying to turn us on to stuff like Exodus, Merciful Fate and other openly Satanist bands.

If I may, how deep were you into Satanism, and how and why did you leave it?

Blessings.
My first step into Satanism was in 1999, when I was at a Christian Rehabilitation Center, and it was a Sunday, and they were having some sermon, I can't remember what it was about, but I do remember that in my depression and anger, I quietly walked out the back door, one of the counselors knows that I was missing, he came out to me and sat next to me on a picnic table, and tried to encourage me, I didn't want anything of it, and I still remember this to this very day, I said with no emotion, no enthusiasm, no emphasis of any kind, I simply said "there is no god..."

and that very profession, at that time, opened in my heart a door that led to complete and utter darkness, and I thought that saying that, it was welcoming me into a place where I could retreat, and I could hide myself from the rest of the world, from my family, from an alleged God who, at the time, didn't exist in my head...

after that, when I got out of that rehab, I started listening to Korn and Slipknot. Both of these bands had lasting impacts on my view of the world, my view of my family, and the view of myself, because those albums really do not glorify God in any way, they glorify Satan... Jonathan Davis, the vocalist of Korn, has said in the past that he promoted Satanism in his music... from there, I went to darker bands such as Morbid Angel, Burzum, and Dimmu Borgir.

My Satanism was connected to the music that I listened to... the lyrical content and themes that were in those bands, I echoed in my heart and I reflected it in how I lived secretly. I never told my family, I didnt tell my mom or my dad, I didn't tell my sister, and that music just slowly burrowed into my heart, and started to make this rotting hole in me, and that rottenness brought me to a state of suicidal depression, suicidal ideation, and attempted suicides.

The way I came out of it was literally through a miracle... while I was trying to find more black metal bands that I could listen to, I stumbled across Demon Hunter, Antestor, Slechtvalk, and most importantly, Vaakevandring. it was Vaakevandring that really resonated with me, along with other bands, It created a spiritual rift in me, and that spiritual battle got more intense more and more intense, and it came to a fork in the road when, one night in 2004, after three weeks and four failed suicide attempts, I was ready to take a knife and keep going until it stabbed and went through the floor. I cried out to God, something I hadn't done since 5 years, I asked him if you really are there, you need to show me that you exist, and you need to show me that you care, because if you don't, I'm gone. I'm done.

I went to the only thing that I knew, if God really did exist, he would answer through it, I went to a very dusty, very old teen study Bible, I close my eyes, I opened it up to wherever it laid, and still having my eyes closed I brought my finger down onto the page, I read what it said...

My finger was on Isaiah 41:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you
do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you
I will uphold you with My Righteous Right Hand"

There are 31,103 verses in the Protestant Bible. The odds for me to have my finger land on that particular verse, a verse I did not know exist, on the first try with my eyes closed, is mathematically impossible... I knew that. I didn't know how many verses were in the Bible, but I knew beyond of a shadow of a doubt that there was no way that what just happened was simple coincidence.

That is what convinced me that there truly is a God, that He loves me, that He died for me, and that He rose again from the dead, and now sits at the Right Hand of the Father on the throne

Last edited:
That is what convinced me that there truly is a God, that He loves me

Yes there is, and that's a great testimony. :thumb

How long has it been now since you got saved? I left music and then got saved when I was 21, which was a very long time ago now.

Yes there is, and that's a great testimony. :thumb

How long has it been now since you got saved? I left music and then got saved when I was 21, which was a very long time ago now.
That's the interesting thing... when that happened that night, I said the sinner's prayer, because that's all I knew at the time, I know better now, but, I said that prayer, and I honestly didn't do anything with this newly found realization and faith... I no longer wanted to take my own life, I just wanted to get through what I was going through.

My real conversion did not come until three years later when, my dad and I had just got done going to Walmart grocery shopping, and I said out of the blue, clear as day, and I know I surprised him, I said "dad, I want to go back to church." He said "okay, i'm can take you to the church that I go to on Sundays"...

so I started going, and I went to the twenty-somethings class, and at this time, I had actually forgotten the Bible verse that had saved my life, and what I was sharing what I could remember from the night that God saved my life, I just felt led to just speak on what I could remember... after the class, the teacher pulled me aside and he encouraged me, and he encouraged me to go back to the Bible and try and find the Bible verse that saved my life. There's actually there's a lot more that happened that Sunday afternoon, I have my testimony written down, and it goes into the intricate details of how I found that verse again, but when I found that verse again, I made sure to hide it in my heart, and never lose sight of it ever again. So, I would say 17 years now I've been a born again Christian

My real conversion did not come until three years later when, my dad and I had just got done going to Walmart grocery shopping, and I said out of the blue, clear as day, and I know I surprised him, I said "dad, I want to go back to church." He said "okay, i'm can take you to the church that I go to on Sundays"...

so I started going, and I went to the twenty-somethings class, and at this time, I had actually forgotten the Bible verse that had saved my life, and what I was sharing what I could remember from the night that God saved my life, I just felt led to just speak on what I could remember... after the class, the teacher pulled me aside and he encouraged me, and he encouraged me to go back to the Bible and try and find the Bible verse that saved my life. There's actually there's a lot more that happened that Sunday afternoon, I have my testimony written down, and it goes into the intricate details of how I found that verse again, but when I found that verse again, I made sure to hide it in my heart, and never lose sight of it ever again. So, I would say 17 years now I've been a born again Christian

It's a timing thing. Sounds like the Lord waited until you would be in the right place at the right time, and surrounded by the right people to move your heart to give your life to Him. :)

So what are you into then when it comes to your spirituality, like what topics and ministries interest you most now?

It's a timing thing. Sounds like the Lord waited until you would be in the right place at the right time, and surrounded by the right people to move your heart to give your life to Him. :)

So what are you into then when it comes to your spirituality, like what topics and ministries interest you most now?
If I were to try and give you a focal point... I would say apologetics in general, some end times topics (not all), the deity of Jesus Christ, the necessity for Jesus Christ, and the exclusivity of Jesus Christ

If I were to try and give you a focal point... I would say apologetics in general, some end times topics (not all), the deity of Jesus Christ, the necessity for Jesus Christ, and the exclusivity of Jesus Christ

They do quite a lot of that here. The end times stuff can get a little too far off the wall sometimes, but concentrating of the Deity and necessity of Christ is never a mistake. :thumb

When it concerns eschatology, I don't really get into that nitty gritty like I used to... I have my own opinions and beliefs when it concerns that, but a grand majority of it is nonessential, like the rapture, and the Millennium, and the 144,000, and the two witnesses... I could go on and on, but I know you get what I'm trying to say... I'm just happy to see a forum like this that does take it the fundamental teachings of Jesus Christ seriously. I'm happy to see that here

When it concerns eschatology, I don't really get into that nitty gritty like I used to... I have my own opinions and beliefs when it concerns that, but a grand majority of it is nonessential, like the rapture, and the Millennium, and the 144,000, and the two witnesses... I could go on and on, but I know you get what I'm trying to say... I'm just happy to see a forum like this that does take it the fundamental teachings of Jesus Christ seriously. I'm happy to see that here

Glad for that. :thumb

The heavy metal band that made me stop and consider the direction I was headed was Stryper btw, LoL. People think you're kidding, but you're like, "Hey man, I thought Satan owned my world. Then some dudes show up shouting Jesus all over the place and you find out it isn't so." :)

Sorry about the late responses btw. I'm at work, so it's only when I have a chance to sit down for a second.

Hey, that's OK... It's a little bit after 1:00 AM for me.
And that's cool that Stryper had an impact on your life. We as Christians sometimes laugh and kinda poke fun a little bit at Stryper, but their lyrical themes are awesome, not gonna lie, it may be corny and 80s, but it's still pretty good

And that's cool that Stryper had an impact on your life. We as Christians sometimes laugh and kinda poke fun a little bit at Stryper, but their lyrical themes are awesome, not gonna lie, it may be corny and 80s, but it's still pretty good

That's what we thought : )

We were joking at first until we put it on, and then it was like, "Huh...

Dudes are decent," LoL.

My testimony is similar, btw. I was borderline Satanist, and gravitated that way. Very into Dio's music in my private life. But the Devil was destroying everything I loved, and I finally took a look around and said, "I don't know what I want yet, but this ain't it." So I quit music and got saved about 6 months later. Long story.

The last band I was in was doing a lot of Satanist stuff; Judas Priest, some Megadeth and early Metallica. I forget what else.

Welcome to the forum Kal. I read your responses and testimony. Glad you made it through without hurting yourself. I think i remember hearing tithemi by sleeping giant, and a few songs by holyname that were really moving.

God bless, and have a wonderful week !!

Back