Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

No man can know the day, not the angels nor the Son, only the Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Please quote it for me. All I saw was your own words.
You know very well what I mean as he stated it in the end of Matthew. So stop convoluting something I said to start a needless debate. Let's get back onto the subject as you are quizzing me with an off-subject matter.

I'm commenting to a post you made. Your desire to not address it is noted. I will leave you to yourself.

I suggest... my humble opinion only... that in order to make the plan of human salvation work, both God the Word and God the Spirit had to empty themselves of certain aspects or prerogatives of deity (without losing deity) to deal with temporal beings like men and angels. And the Father remained in that omniscient state and state of ultimate authority. Thoughts?
As far as date-setting goes, it is pure human foolishness. As to the limitations which may have been taken on by the Lord God Almighty (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) we need to be very clear. God the Word certainly took on certain "limitations", but neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit did so.

The Word confined Himself to this earth (and specifically to the land of Israel) for approximately 32 years. However, did He divest Himself of any of His Divine attributes? Not if we carefully examine the Gospels. Then in what manner did Christ "humble" Himself? First of all He took upon Himself the role of the Obedient Servant of Jehovah (Isa 52:13-15 -- "Behold my Servant..."). Christ always and consistently did the Father's will. Secondly, He made Himself "obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross" (Isa 50:4-10). Thirdly, He took upon Himself the role of the Lamb of God (Isa 53:1-12..."He was led as a lamb to the slaughter").

We can address the title verse of this thread separately.

Mark 13:32 (KJV)
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
We need to place Matthew 24:36 as well as Matthew 28:18 beside the above passage in order to understand what it means in the light of Christ's resurrection, ascension and exaltation in Heaven.

Matthew 24 KJV (Before the resurrection)
36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Matthew 28 KJV (Before the ascension)
18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power [Gk exousia = authority] is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

1. The first thing to note is that "neither the Son" has absolute manuscript authority.
2. The second thing to note is that "nor the Son" was deliberately thrust into Matthew 24:36 by Westcott & Hort based on a textual corruption, and will therefore be found in modern versions. It is not in the Textus Receptus (which is the Received Text" or the "Traditional Text" or the "Majority Text". 95-99% of all manuscripts support the Majority Text).
3. We must not automatically assume that there is a contradiction because Matthew and Mark do not match exactly.
4. Because "neither the Son" is authentic, we must believe that that is exactly what Christ said.
5. That statement was made before His resurrection and ascension, but it does not necessarily mean that Christ's omniscience was limited altogether. This event only may have been hidden from the Servant of Jehovah while He was still in His "humiliation". In all other respects Christ was omniscient.
6. The important thing to note in this context is that just before His ascension, Christ said that ALL authority had been given to Him in Heaven and on Earth. This is critical, because since His ascension and exaltation, THIS KNOWLEDGE IS NO LONGER HIDDEN from Him. His absolute authority includes the timing of His Second Coming in power and great glory. Christ's resurrection resulted in His Lordship over Heaven and earth (Acts 2:36).

im going to read up on the chuppa and this again.i think that god told him nothing to say. I don't see how an infinite mind could not know it all. words to ponder then on that as well.

I would imagine if Jesus wanted to know then His Father would have told Him, but Jesus correctly left the timing of these things to His Father.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back