Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Not all born-again Christians make it through the sanctification process!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The bold multicolored post play tricks on my eyes.... a line or 2 for emphasis does not hit them so hard....if I was not a mod I would just skip them and not read... They do not cross the moderating line just saying this one member to another....

1 John 1:7
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship one with another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

However, the OSAS proponent says he is immune to sin
by declaring that he is free from the Law of sin and death.
He is saying he has no sin problem because Jesus took care of it all on the cross.

But the very next verse says:
if you say you have no sin, you deceive yourself and the truth is not in you ...

1 John 1:8
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

1 John 1:7
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship one with another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

However, the OSAS proponent says he is immune to sin
by declaring that he is free from the Law of sin and death.
He is saying he has no sin problem because Jesus took care of it all on the cross.

But the very next verse says:
if you say you have no sin, you deceive yourself and the truth is not in you ...

1 John 1:8
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

You are wrong John if you think you can speak for all OSAS proponents.
Our answer is found in 1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, God will forgive us. That is divine justice.
That is what OSAS proponents believe.

I know I have a sin problem.
I know I need to turn to God for forgiveness.
I know I am saved.
I pray to God for deliverance.

I know that I will not be lost along the way because Jesus won't let go of me.
Do you feel that secure in your relationship with God?

Do you feel that secure in your relationship with God?
I feel secure in realizing the necessity and importance of the many dozens of
warning passages, which were written to the churches by Jesus, Paul, Peter, etc.

And I feel secure in realizing the necessity of passing this revelation along to OSAS people.

Paul didn't feel secure in his salvation, so why should we?
He knew that he, and us, must not just sit there smiling
... we must endure through to the end.

For many hundreds of years, the church has been filled with false doctrines
... OSAS is just one of them!

The bold multicolored post play tricks on my eyes.... a line or 2 for emphasis does not hit them so hard....if I was not a mod I would just skip them and not read... They do not cross the moderating line just saying this one member to another....

John, I second Reba's request. It hurts to read it. :)

Hurts to read the Truth?
or ...
Hurts to read the colors?

#1 only makes sense to me.

For those of you who don't like colors, I suggest don't read.

After all, I'm not here to please everyone ... that's impossible.

Hurts to read the Truth? or ... Hurts to read the colors? #1 only makes sense to me. For those of you who don't like colors, I suggest don't read. After all, I'm not here to please everyone ... that's impossible.

It is called common courtesy.

It is NOT about you.

PS please read my sig poem

God’s strength is perfected in our weakness, our inability to obey His commandments
in our own strength. He calls us to a life of holiness and separation.
He tells us we can be free from the bondage of sin.

His Word comes to us with some impossible challenges:
"Resist the devil. Walk in the Spirit. Come out from among them.
Love your enemies. Leave behind all your fears. Put down your lustful desires.
Let no sin have dominion over you."

When you think honestly about how little you can do on your own to fulfill
these challenges, you realize how very weak you are. Your heart begins to cry,
"Lord, how can we do such great, holy things?"

That is when our Lord takes over! He comes with such a comforting message:
"Lay down your weapons. Quit trying to be so self-sufficient and strong.
I am your weapon and your strength. Let Me do what you never can do.
I will give you My righteousness, My holiness, My rest, My strength.
You cannot save yourself or please Me in any way other than by
receiving the blessings of the cross by faith.
Let Me be in charge of your growth in holiness."

… David Wilkerson … April 23, 2013

John Zain, some of the members here have medical eye conditions ....Some fonts and colours are harder on some eyes....

For me (mod) I can edit turn the post one colour then cancel the edit...

"Lay down your weapons. Quit trying to be so self-sufficient and strong.
of so much contrast

I am your weapon and your strength. Let Me do what you never can do.
I will give you My righteousness, My holiness, My rest, My strength.
You cannot save yourself or please Me in any way other than by
receiving the blessings of the cross by faith.
Let Me be in charge of your growth in holiness."

I like for my readers to be comfy with their eyes. Ephesians 1:13-14 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory. 1 John 2:27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.

Hurts to read the Truth?
or ...
Hurts to read the colors?

#1 only makes sense to me.

For those of you who don't like colors, I suggest don't read.

After all, I'm not here to please everyone ... that's impossible.

John, I agree with you on this subject, so it doesn't hurt to read "the truth". It seems logical that if you want people to read what you write (e.g. the truth) you would make it as easy as possible. The colors are putting people off. Just saying....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I like for my readers to be comfy with their eyes. Ephesians 1:13-14 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory. 1 John 2:27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.

The fonts you use are quite soothing. It's your theology that's hard to read :)

As it did strike my funny bone, I assume I was correct that you meant that in jest, at least partly?

theology? what's on your mind. blessings.

theology? what's on your mind. blessings.

Nothing really. Just pulling your leg.

How sad you worship a God who can fail without your help. My GOD, JESUS CHRIST THE LORD will never fail. Thank you Lord for your mercy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back