Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Not so much angry,, ..........

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I was watching tv. The news. An interviewer asked a guy "are you angry?"
He answered; " not so much angry ....just annoyed."
It made me think how people hate to be described as "angry". It makes them sound out of control. They prefer to be described as annoyed or frustrated. That makes them sound much more in control of their emotions.
So I started this thread to explore language options. When we get angry and don't want to be seen as angry, what words do we use?

I was watching tv. The news. An interviewer asked a guy "are you angry?"
He answered; " not so much angry ....just annoyed."
It made me think how people hate to be described as "angry". It makes them sound out of control. They prefer to be described as annoyed or frustrated. That makes them sound much more in control of their emotions.
So I started this thread to explore language options. When we get angry and don't want to be seen as angry, what words do we use?
I had no idea what you were doing at first! .. I was real worried that you were feeling annoyed and full of rage!

To be honest, when I am angry I normally just say why. I don't watch TV though so I can only imagine what sort of examples it is setting for you in that context...

Anyhow I'm far too serious of a person to be talking about this here in this thread, and it's not the sort of joke that tickles my sense of homour, so...

What's the difference between being annoyed and being angry? (seriously)

.. there has to be a difference because they are different words. Can you be angry without being annoyed? :yes Can you be annoyed without being angry? :chin

I think St. Paul can show us how that's done:

Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour. -- Acts 16:16-18 NKJV

style

Haha, now THAT is funny!
I love playing with language. Maybe it's useful for you to know that. But sometimes it seems more interesting than having a normal conversation. So I can be somewhat playful.
Not so much mature , just infantile.

Back