Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Obedience unto righteousness?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
does obedience cause righteousness or does righteousness cause obedience?

That is the question!

There is nothing of our self that can cause righteousness as we are only made righteous by the righteousness of God. We have been made righteous through His faithfulness combined with our faith. We have peace with God through our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, Romans 5:1-11.

There is nothing of our self that can cause righteousness as we are only made righteous by the righteousness of God. We have been made righteous through His faithfulness combined with our faith. We have peace with God through our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, Romans 5:1-11.
Do You agree with the four spiritual laws?

1) "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."

2) "Humanity is tainted by sin and is therefore separated from God. As a result, we cannot know God’s wonderful plan for our lives."

3) "Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin. Through Jesus Christ, we can have our sins forgiven and restore a right relationship with God."

4) "We must place our faith in Jesus Christ as Savior in order to receive the gift of salvation and know God’s wonderful plan for our lives."

Jn 1:16-17
16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Are there any exceptions to the four spiritual laws? I assume no.

Did anyone receive the truth, grace, and salvation in advance of the coming of Christ?

All the saints of that lived before christ received truth, grace, and salvation in advance and in virture of the merits of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ not only saves us by forgiving past sins, but also saves us by preserving us in His grace from future sins.

Do you agree with all this?

2) "Humanity is tainted by sin and is therefore separated from God. As a result, we cannot know God’s wonderful plan for our lives."

3) "Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin. Through Jesus Christ, we can have our sins forgiven and restore a right relationship with God."

4) "We must place our faith in Jesus Christ as Savior in order to receive the gift of salvation and know God’s wonderful plan for our lives."

Did anyone receive the truth, grace, and salvation in advance of the coming of Christ?

All the saints of that lived before christ received truth, grace, and salvation in advance and in virture of the merits of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ not only saves us by forgiving past sins, but also saves us by preserving us in His grace from future sins.

Thank you as I agree with these.

You have been told so many times to make your Catholic threads within the Autonomous Catholic zone where I am moving this over to that forum.

I can't agree with the last paragraph.
It seems to me that born again persons still sin.

Then you must also accept the doctrine of the immaculate conception of Mary!
Mary was a virgin selected by God to birth the Christ child. Mary having other children is no longer a virgin and waits in her grave like everyone for the resurrection when Christ returns.

Joh. 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Luke 1:26-38 Gabriel announces to Mary that of Christ's birth through her as she found favor in God. This all came about before her and Joseph were married so Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus.

Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Notice in this verse that only Mary is mentioned as normally people would say the son of Joseph and Mary. Jesus had four half brothers, James, Joses, Juda and Simon and some sisters, but it's not known how many sisters he had or what their names were. The reason they were all half brothers and sisters is because Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus.

Mary's descent comes through David's son Nathan, Luke 3:31. To fulfill God's promise to establish David's throne forever, God honored Nathan by making him the ancestor of the promised King (Messiah) who would sit on David's throne throughout eternity, Luke 1:31-33. Mary having no brothers to inherit the throne the inheritance would come to her first son being Jesus.

This is why God found favor only in Mary as still being a virgin before she married. Joseph descent from David was broken in being heir to the throne of David as one of his ancestors named Jeconiah (Coniah) was so evil God cursed him and his descendants from ever sitting on the throne of David, Matthew 1:1-17; Jeremiah 22:24-30; 1 Chronicles 3:17. This doesn't mean that Joseph was evil, but means none of his children could ever sit on the throne of David.

This is the father of Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, and father-in-law of Joseph. He is in the royal line of King David (Luke 3:23).

The KJV, NKJV, ESV, and NIV spell his name “Heli.” The NASB and some others spell it as “Eli.”

Mary, mother of Jesus ← Heli (Eli/Helix) ← Matthat ← Levi ← Melchi ← Janna (Jannai) ← Joseph ← Mattathiah (Mattathias) ← Amos ← Nahum ← Esli ← Naggai ← Maath ← Mattathiah (Mattathias) ← Semei (Semein) ← Joseph (Yosef/Josech) ← Judah (Juda, Joda) ← Joannas (Joanna) ← Rhesa ← Zerubbabel ← Shealtiel ← Neri ← Melchi ← Addi ← Cosam ← Elmodam ← Er ← Jose (Joshua, Jesus) ← Eliezer ← Jorim ← Matthat ← Levi ← Simeon ← Judah ← Joseph ← Jonan ← Eliakim ← Melea ← Menan (Menna) ← Mattathah ← Prince Nathan ← KING DAVID

ALSO SEE

Luke 3:23-38 Jesus lineage through Mary being His mother. Joseph was not His biological father.

Mary was of the tribe of Judah as Elizabeth lineage is through Aaron which made them cousins.

Mary’s father was Heli (Eli) who was a direct descendant of King David which gave Jesus the right to ascend the Jewish throne, both through Mary and through adoption by his foster father, Joseph.

Mary’s genealogy is supplied in Luke 3:23-38. Dr. Henry Morris explains how we know this genealogy is Mary’s:

“Joseph was clearly the son of Jacob (Matthew 1:16, so this verse [Luke 3:23—says “son of Heli”] should be understood to mean “son-in-law of Heli.” Thus, the genealogy of Christ in Luke is actually the genealogy of Mary, while Matthew gives that of Joseph. Actually, the word “son” is not in the original, so it would be legitimate to supply either “son” or “son-in-law” in this context. Since Matthew and Luke clearly record much common material, it is certain that neither one could unknowingly incorporate such a flagrant apparent mistake as the wrong genealogy in his record. As it is, however, the two genealogies show that both parents were descendants of David—Joseph through Solomon (Matthew 1:7-15), thus inheriting the legal right to the throne of David, and Mary through Nathan (Luke 3:23-31), her line thus carrying the seed of David, since Solomon’s line had been refused the throne because of Jechoniah’s sin” [Dr. Henry

I can't agree with the last paragraph.
It seems to me that born again persons still sin.
Always is possible to sin but grace can preserve us from sin is the point, grace is not irresistible

How does Mary come into your OP?
It does not really, I was asking about the four spiritual laws.

If there are no exceptions to them then Mary must be the immaculate conception!

Immaculate conception and the Four spiritual laws:
1) “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."

2) Man is sinful and separated from God, so we cannot know Him personally or experience His love.
Man is Sinful.

3) Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin. Through Him alone we can know God personally and experience God's love.
He Died in Our Place.

4) We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know God personally and experience His love.
We Must Receive Christ.

Knowing this how can scripture say:

Lk 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

“Full of grace”

“Lord is with Mary”
(not Mary is with the Lord)

“Blessed”

The only possibility is the “immaculate conception” by the power of God thru the future merits of the passion and death of Jesus Christ! Amen! Lk 1:37 Lk 1:49

First you have to be made right with God.
Then you can obey.
Please explain

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Always is possible to sin but grace can preserve us from sin is the point, grace is not irresistible
A double negative always confused me.
So,

Yes. Grace preserves us from a lot of sin. The Holy Spirit certainly helps us to be strong in the Lord. We all fail at times. Anyone who believes he never sins does not understand the holiness of God .

Grace is resistible.
I can say No to God.

It does not really, I was asking about the four spiritual laws.

If there are no exceptions to them then Mary must be the immaculate conception!

Immaculate conception and the Four spiritual laws:
1) “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."

2) Man is sinful and separated from God, so we cannot know Him personally or experience His love.
Man is Sinful.

3) Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin. Through Him alone we can know God personally and experience God's love.
He Died in Our Place.

4) We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know God personally and experience His love.
We Must Receive Christ.

Knowing this how can scripture say:

Lk 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

“Full of grace”

“Lord is with Mary”
(not Mary is with the Lord)

“Blessed”

The only possibility is the “immaculate conception” by the power of God thru the future merits of the passion and death of Jesus Christ! Amen! Lk 1:37 Lk 1:49
OK.
I believe in the IC.
Full of grace...
No room for anything else.
But I still don't understand what Mary has to do with the 4 spiritual laws.
And I never heard of these laws BTW.
Do you have a source?

Please explain

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Yes, exactly.
Romans says we're slaves of the one we obey.

So first you decide WHO you want to obey, and then you're slave to that being.

Th
A double negative always confused me.
So,

Yes. Grace preserves us from a lot of sin. The Holy Spirit certainly helps us to be strong in the Lord. We all fail at times. Anyone who believes he never sins does not understand the holiness of God .

Grace is resistible.
I can say No to God.
anks

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back