Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Okay time to fess up

Which of these freaks you out?

• Spiders

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Snakes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Rats and Mice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heights

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Flying

• All of the above and then some!

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Paul1965

Seeing as a confession about my fear of spiders has been the source of merriment for some of you cruel, heartless souls:), how about telling us what makes you do the panic dance. Oh and please feel free to share video footage of yourself doing the dance.
Blessings to you all.

Probably heights more than anything else on the list. I used to be afraid of spiders, didn't even want to be in the same room with one, but I guess I got over it.

I actually rather like mice and rats (domesticated ones), but I guess if I saw one that wasn't domesticated in my house I'd at least be a little startled. As it is, the only mice who've ever been in my house as far I know were frozen feeder mice that I bought from the pet store. But I guess those would count as domesticated, even if they were dead.

One that should be on the list? Bees. I don't want to be anywhere near one, unless he's behind glass or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Questdriven you've got me, why were you buying frozen dead mice, pet snake? Am allergic to bees but if one lands on me just flick it off.

This will sound weird, but I actually bought it for my dog to eat. I'd explain why, but that's a whole other discussion. xD
I actually would like to have a pet snake, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a "none of the above" category missing in your poll. :eyebrow

But I must admit that snake-inside-the-toilet-photo in the other thread was indeed scary. Though I'm not phobic to snakes - but in that location... just imagine what could happen!!!

I think your dog may need therapy lol, I used to have pet pythons, great pets and actually quite intelligent.

Afraid of nothing Claudya? You must be young........stuff that didn't bother me when I was younger has taken on a different quality as I've aged and realized the hazards .

Wouldn't a snake prefer its food alive?
From what I'm told by people who own them, some won't eat at all unless their prey is alive. (Which is why the pet store also sells live feeder mice.) With a pet snake, though, frozen prey is best to feed if you can because a live mouse will fight back and may injure the snake.
That's what I was told, anyway.

Not *that* young any more. :sad
But I'm just not afraid of anything on the list. Maybe a little bit afraid of heights, but nothing like panic.

But I'm very social phobic. I fear rejection more than death. :sad

Probably my absolute biggest phobia is going blind. I love my eyesight and use it for so many things, I'd seriously hate to lose it.
I'm claustrophobic, too. I've had nightmares about being trapped in small spaces.

From what I'm told by people who own them, some won't eat at all unless their prey is alive. (Which is why the pet store also sells live feeder mice.) With a pet snake, though, frozen prey is best to feed if you can because a live mouse will fight back and may injure the snake.
That's what I was told, anyway.

And with alive prey you'd risk that something like that happens:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4627950.stm

Usually live is better, but the pet stores get a bit grumpy when your mice continually die "mysteriously". I won't go into the grizly details, but there are ways to stop the mice fighting back. I used to half bury a bucket in the ground and put oats in it. The field mice jumped down into it but couldn't get back out.Then they would be given to Alfred and Alfred 2.

i will kill rats and mice if they are in my yard at my workplace and in a garbage truck. i will snakes only if they are poisionus. spiders i usually dont bother save to clean house.

Good morning everyone, I hope you've all had a great Saturday, S 3am Sunday here and a very chilly 15 degrees C
Questdriven,loss of sight must be terrible. it's hard to imagine never seeing the majesty of the natural world or the faces of those I hold dear again.
Lot's o fpeople are with you on the claustrophobia part.
Edward, I guess what I meant was that as I got older I realized I was taking stupid risks as a youth putting myself and others in harms way. I know God was always there because it wasn't His will for me or others to meet Him at that time. Also with all the wonderful blessings our Lord has given us, I want to enjoy them right up to the moment He calls my name. Even reading this now it still doesn't sound right. It's very hard for me to put into words sorry.
Jason, i agree I try not to kill Gods creatures, snakes, sharks,rats etc and even spiders,but theres something about spiders that just really makes my brain misfire...cant explain it.
God Bless

Just remember Paul, we are laughing with you,not at you!;):lol
Well I guess that's Okay then:chin....sooo c'mon Mark you going to share your freak out factor? Or you don't have one either. I'm starting to feel like a wimp here

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back