Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

One thing I'm yet to fully understand...In the Spirit, Spiritual

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

In the Spirit, spiritual etc sound imaginary to me...(And these are one thing I'm struggling to understand from our 'physical'). I'm not kidding

What are you doing with Galatians 5:16? "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."

I'm going to be honest, it would be useless for me to be a Christian without the spiritual aspect of walking with God, otherwise I would be fulfilling my flesh with other things to fill that void. And that goes along with the scripture above. You've got to learn to sit in a quiet place and talk with Jesus for awhile and regularly (daily and more than once), read the word and ask God to teach you as you read. Go do these things in faith.
If you will do this you will begin to build your spirit up.. then you'll know.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the spirit is very gentle and I perceive the blessing of the spirit as a soft warmth radiating out from my heart that responses with joy from spiritual thoughts.

Digging

For me the spirit is very gentle and I perceive the blessing of the spirit as a soft warmth radiating out from my heart that responses with joy from spiritual thoughts.

Digging

Hi digging, Classic,

This verse came to mind:
1 Corinthians 13:6

New King James Version (NKJV)

<sup class="versenum">6 </sup>does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;

I was watching this old movie the other day called "The Seven Faces of Dr. Lao." There is a scene at a circus where the Greek character, Apollonius of Tyana(a person who tells the truth about the past, present, or future), tells the fortune of a lady. Apollonius tells her the truth about herself and her future, and the woman runs from the fortune telling session crying.

The reason I bring it up is because, how does one rejoice in the truth when it so often reveals that we are very sinful, and ugly people. If we were to to hear the truth about us from God in a face to face meeting, I think we would all be devastated and brought to tears. Can you imagine how Peter felt after Jesus told him, 'Get behind me Satan'?

I don't think there is anything tangible we can put our finger on about walking in the Spirit other than discovering that you love the truth when you hear it, and when you find yourself doing the list of items found in 1 Corinthians 13. I think it starts with trusting in Jesus and not an image of Jesus we make up in our mind. A very difficult lesson to learn. The old man doesn't die easily.

- Davies

Back