Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Online dating

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Shushi.

After meeting a man online, is the intent to eventually meet them in person and further get to know them? (I'm 59 yrs old and contentedly married. so I don't have much understanding of what is the objective or how a person expects to pursue it through online dating.) Am I right in thinking that the final goal may be broadening the opportunity for finding a husband?

I would really like understand whether is it OK for Christians to date online.
Yes it is permissible for Christians, but there are basic safety rules.
I would recommend setting up an email account just for online dating. So weirdos cannot easily bother you.
Using it to form online penpals is fine, so long as you remember they are just pen pals.
There is No romantic interest.

If you are looking for romance, one simple question how will you meet.
If they have no transport, or are in another country, even the other side of the country loose interest in romance and relegate them to the status of a pen pal.

On line dating can get you an introduction, but the dating part happens as you meet regularly face to face.

Last comment requests for cash delete that person's account at once. There are plenty of scammers making a good living out of the romantic gullibles.

Meeting someone online can work and it can be a disaster. Some people just like to meet as many people as possible and get high off the attention. Others are seriously looking for a partner. If this is the case then be honest in your profile about what you are looking for. Do not just try to impress someone. That is a waste of time. If you your long-range plans include marriage then look for compatibility as well as physical attraction and be honest about your goals. Here is the article I wrote about Christians and dating.

I would really like understand whether is it OK for Christians to date online.
Off course it is. Technology is a blessing for the believers.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Ask God for guidance and let Him lead you to the right place.
Maybe use Christian dating site. I personally wouldn't recommend apps like tinder.
But that's my opinion.
Listen to your spirit and to what feels right.
And if it feels wrong, then drop it and find something better.
Nothing is unclean for those who are clean. Paul said..
Shalom and good luck!

As I've said there is nothing wrong with online dating.

But one must be alert for scams and fraud and they are very very good at exploiting anyone who falls for there story.

Basic warning, if not in your country and not in membership of a church drop them.

Any story involving your giving money unless through an organisation you can check out drop them.

View internet dating as being a 14 year old being asked out for a date by an adult and take the appropriate safety precautions.
Do they really exist, does that church know who they are and can confirm they are using the named internet dating site, that they are in work, even working at the firm or business they claim to be at?

Recently the BBC run a news item about online relationships, where a woman was purchased to part with all her savings.
What one should understand is these fraudsters will pass the mark on to others to continue trying to coax more cash out of the milk cow.

One's on line check should always be through a third party, Neve trust online accounts given to one by the online date.

The one thing in life I learn is good things take time. About two months ago I met someone I was talking to online dating and I stayed in contact and just today I invited her fishing this weekend and she might come out if she gets time. I take things so slow I would rather get to know someone over time as a friend and if that's all it is all good we can be friends forever otherwise maybe can grow more.

I am still friends with a few women I met over 20 years ago online dating and nothing happened we just friends and still in contact, sometime I go visit and stay the night, just as friends nothing happens just go visit they cook me dinner and we have a laugh and it's all good. They know they can trust me because I'm not a sleeze who wants in and out or in or out.

It's amazing how all these women I know talk to me about all there dates and dudes coming and going and Im there like exactly, who's the real dude who is there for you and has always been there and never left, your talking to him. Well I don't exactly say that.

Last edited:
I have been thinking the older I get and the more grey hairs I get and the more I wait patiently, I am like a really good cheese. Lol. Maybe one day I will get married and have a wife, who knows. Either way Im ok with it.

Last edited:
I have been thinking the older I get and the more grey hairs I get and the more I wait patiently, I am like a really good cheese. Lol. Maybe one day I will get married and have a wife, who knows. Either way Im ok with it.
Or a fine wine perhaps...
Sometimes I feel like I've been on the shelf waiting... Someone married me but then forgot I was even there and just left me to gather dust :lol... thank the Lord I'm free of that dingy cellar now.
Ah well one day I'll meet the connoisseur that will appreciate this blend :biggrin

There are Positive and Negative sides to it, we just have to be clever to know what the other seeks. I have been on one, and I'm yet to find my match. haha. Let's just stay aware of the purpose.

I believe its okay although its shark infested waters. I would rather you choose to swim in a pool that has a gym in it rather than in the local dirty shark infested lake. However, having friends online is a beautiful thing because of opportunities to create bonds.

I thought I would have a date its been a while. So been speaking to someone and was keen to meet up casual and she suddenly asks what I'm looking for, and im like friendship and company, and she says she's looking for a relationship and don't want to waste our time and she never replied back after that. Lol.

I mean, you have to acturally meet someone first in person and see if you connect and enjoy each other's company, and have a friendship before you grow and commit to a relationship. You just don't meet someone for a relationship. Lol.

It was obviously just a weird classic excuse to say she's not interested anymore rather than directly telling me. That's cool. It's just a sign she not interested anymore.

Online dating can be a joke. As a dude from my experience many women are just living in fantasy land looking for superman that doesn't exist or attention and if you acturally get as far as meeting and a date thats a actural start.

And they probably got like 100 dudes on the go and they analising and picking them out one by one to find there ideal mate.

And I tell you they analise everything, they are reading your confidence and how you hold yourself and your posture, they looking at your hands and fingernails to see if they are clean and you look after yourself, they looking at your shoes and the way you dress and if you have self respect, and if you smell nice, and you don't even know it. Complete analisers. Lol.

Let's all be honest, no one is the same online as they are in person. Online are just words, you have to acturally meet someone and talk and see if there is a connection and attraction and you get on and can grow and build a relationship from there, even photos are just photos its not reality.

If no then so be it nothing lost from it. Just met someone and had a yarn and a coffee or something to eat it's all good. Just not meant to be.

Everyone to there own , just make an effort when going on a date. I mean at least brush your teeth and clip your nails and clean and style your hair if you got no nice shoes or any nice clothes type thing that don't matter, at least deodorant or if have a nice colone. It still shows you care about yourself. Clean hair, clean nails, fresh breath, smells clean. Hygienic. They notice that.

Last edited:
I tried it many years ago. Lot of sites dont have filter. They ghost on you, or use manipulative tactics. Few sites that were Christian dating sites, waste of time. My preference is stay single. Here's good reason. When satan as antichrist comes near future. Your spouse will lack knowledge and be breathing down your neck to worship antichrist. Get the picture. Daniel chapter 11:21 to 11:45 is about vile one, that's antichrist. Lot of people will sell out to worship antichrist. My advice, don't date. Stay single and focus on your bible studies. Peace.

Back