Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Only The Beginning

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JustAlex

June 2010 had been the turning point in my life. I was homeless (and not sofa hopping-a bench on the promenade!), I had lost contact with my kids, broken the relationship with my sister and had just two pairs of jeans and two t-shirts in a small backpack. What had led me to that point had been events three years previous where I was happy, on the verge of marriage and had everything I had ever needed. Then I discovered the one I wanted to spend my life with, was, well, not exactly true.

Somewhere mid-June, morbidly celebrating another month homeless, sat in a homeless charity canteen, I realised that I had something missing and it wasn't anything material. What sparked off the thought I cannot be sure: maybe it were the poor faces around me. There then came this crazy (it was at the time) urge to check my bank balance. Here in England we get Job Seekers Allowance, a fortnightly support hand out, and I had used most of mine on cigarettes and alcohol, an unfortunate norm in the homeless circle. I wasn't an alcoholic, more a binge drinker.

At the bank there was about £16 left and I had five days to go before the next "pay day". The next urge happened after I left the ATM without drawing any money out. Nearby is a bookshop called CLC; a Christian store. It felt as if i was being shoved into the store. One of those moments when you have to do something against your will.

Less than half an hour later I was back on the promenade, usual bench with a new copy of the ESV Bible. I had never read the Bible properly, except listening to my Grandmother quote passages which sounded archaic. The impact on my soul was immense. As night set in and the crowds dispersed I found a moment to get on my knees and I prayed. Prayed hard.

I have never cried so much in my entire life. I let loose all the wrongs I had done, all the regrets all the anguish from my situation. Next morning I was filled with a sunrise that for once wasn't a sign for another long, desperate day. What happened next happened like a few snapshots. I was called into the Housing Dept, relocated to a secure hostel with 3 meals a day, laundry, heating, a bed and free showers. Three months later, and it seemed a whole lot shorter, I had an apartment of my own (which I still live in).

Best of all I recently gained custody of my son!

Through it all I have never stopped praying, thanking God for everything he has done for me in the past year and bit. I love my faith and I love my Saviour. I will not ask for a prayer for me, but for those who have, or are, in the situation I have been in. Their bravery, yes bravery, to live each day is immense. Oh, and my sister and me still arn't talking, but if God is taking his time with that one, so be it.

God bless you all x
Alex

Sorry this was a long post :o

Welcome Mr. Alex,

God is faithful amen? Your testimony is a blessing....

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back