Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Paul, James and Sotereology

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The whole race of Adam had Adams sin imputed to them. Yes, they are guilty with Adam. The people form Adam to Moses sinned, but their sins were not imputed to them.

This certainly isn’t biblical.

Everyone who sins is accountable for their sin being evidenced by their death.

If you read Romans 1 from the beginning you would find out they are without excuse.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, Romans 1:18-20

JLB

So, in other words you didn't agree with the rest of what I said in post #(138). But you chose one statement that you believe you can defend more easily and ignore the rest and use it as a launch pad.

The point is, the peoples sins between Adam and Moses were not imputed to them. Thus they died because of Adams sin. The people were guilty of Adams sin, by imputation.

No, Paul is not using a 'Greek linguistic device' that makes what he says mean the opposite. What a testimony that is. You are admitting that you are changing what is being said.

The law of sin and death has nothing to do with imputation. As I have already pointed out. You are simply removing God's work of imputation and making man's obedience or disobedience the determining factor. Good luck with that.

Your doctrine removes God from being able to save. If God can't count all guilty of Adam's sin, then neither can He count all righteous in Christ's gift. (Rom. 5:16).

Quantrill
:nonono

This certainly isn’t biblical.

Everyone who sins is accountable for their sin being evidenced by their death.

If you read Romans 1 from the beginning you would find out they are without excuse.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, Romans 1:18-20

JLB

It certainly is Biblical as the verses we have been discussing prove. (Rom. 5:12-14) is clear that those from Adam to Moses did not have their sins imputed to them. They died because of Adams sin imputed to them.

(Rom. 1) doesn't prove anything against Adam's sin being imputed to his race.

(Rom. 1:18-20) deals with the wrath of God against those who hold the truth in unrighteousness. All have the truth, and so are without excuse. It is the worlds rejection of God which is being addressed.

What do you think of Christ's righteousness being imputed to you? A righteousness not of your contribution? For, just as Adam's sin is imputed to his race, so is Christ's righteousness imputed to His race.

Quantrill

It certainly is Biblical as the verses we have been discussing prove. (Rom. 5:12-14) is clear that those from Adam to Moses did not have their sins imputed to them. They died because of Adams sin imputed to them.

(Rom. 1) doesn't prove anything against Adam's sin being imputed to his race.

(Rom. 1:18-20) deals with the wrath of God against those who hold the truth in unrighteousness. All have the truth, and so are without excuse. It is the worlds rejection of God which is being addressed.

What do you think of Christ's righteousness being imputed to you? A righteousness not of your contribution? For, just as Adam's sin is imputed to his race, so is Christ's righteousness imputed to His race.

Quantrill
Please show us where it says we are held accountable for Adam's we have given you many scriptures that say we are not held accountable for another persons sin. We are imputed with the nature to sin when we are born because of Adam bringing sin into the world, just as we are imputed with God's righteousness through Christ Jesus in whom God gave us who washes us clean by His blood that covers us when we humble ourselves before Him and repent of our, not Adams, sin.

Please show us where it says we are held accountable for Adam's we have given you many scriptures that say we are not held accountable for another persons sin. We are imputed with the nature to sin when we are born because of Adam bringing sin into the world, just as we are imputed with God's righteousness through Christ Jesus in whom God gave us who washes us clean by His blood that covers us when we humble ourselves before Him and repent of our, not Adams, sin.

I have shown you and gave explanation. You have given no Scripture that speaks against Adam's sin being imputed to his race. I explained that already also. I see you missed or ignored posts (156,157). Perhaps if you paid more attention to what was said and respond to those addressed to you, it would become clearer.

The verses you and others gave speak to mans relation to man or to God. But even there, that is not always the case. At the giving of the Law God said He would visit the iniquity of the Fathers upon the Children. (Ex. 20:5-6) Also, when going to war against the Canaanites, Achan's sin was equally Israel's sin. (Joshua 7:1) Also, when God had Israel kill Achan, He had them kill his whole family too. (Joshua 7:23-25)

What you and others fail, refuse, to see, is that Adam was not just a man. He was the First Adam. Jesus Christ was the Last Adam. (1 Cor. 15:45) These are the only two representatives that will ever represent the human race. I have said this already. Because they uniquely represent their race, then their act is imputed to their race. Adams act of sin is imputed to all born of him. Jesus Christ's act of obedience imputes righteousness to those born of His race.

Your and others definition of impute is false, as I told you already also. It is false concerning Adams sin being imputed. The imputation of Adam's sin is not just obtaining a sin nature. It is that we are guilty with Adam in his sin. We are identified with committing that sin. Just like Levi paid tithes to Melchisedec when he was yet in loins of Abraham. (Heb. 7:9) So we sinned with Adam.

When you say we are imputed with a sin nature from Adam, you don't see every man born as a sinner from the day of his birth. Do you? If you do, then you in reality agree with what I have been saying. But you and I know you don't. You remove imputation.

Go through (Rom. 5:15-19). See the work of the two representatives of the human race. Circle the word 'one' in these verses in your Bible and who it addresses. And then ask yourself, where am I in these verses? You are the recipient only.

Quantrill

Quantrill

I have shown you and gave explanation. You have given no Scripture that speaks against Adam's sin being imputed to his race. I explained that already also. I see you missed or ignored posts (156,157). Perhaps if you paid more attention to what was said and respond to those addressed to you, it would become clearer.
If you would study all the scriptures we have given you without your indoctrinated John Wesley preconceived ideas then possibly you would see and understand what has already been written.

If you want to be held accountable for Adam's sin then you go right ahead as none of us are held accountable, but for our own sin.

Back