Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Penal Substitutionary Atonement

I have no idea what your point is or what you're addressing in my post.
I said they called Jesus cursed. You said "That doesn’t fit the context, at all, which is about spiritual gifts."

I know the context is spiritual gifts, which is why I cited it. They attributed his miracles to Satan. Jesus said If anyone attributes his works to satan that person will NEVER BE FORGIVEN. So,
I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: 1Cor.12.3

Reading Deu..21:22-23 in its' [proper context doesn't say "People who are hung oon a tree are cursed.

In its's proper context Deu.21:22-23 really means, "People who commit sin worthy of death are cursed."
I have no idea what your point is here.
I know, because you won't look at
(My post from Prioritizing Our Love as a Christian thread)
Dear God if anyone ever attacked a member of my family the way Gods' Son was, I would kill them and no one on earth would stop me. I think we're all becoming more like him though. That's why Isa.53 says,

the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. vs.12

That's chastisement, which brings peace

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Heb.12:11

And our dear Jesus didn't exempt himself from his Fathers' teaching, even though he's not the One who needed it.

People wonder why the innocent suffer. I believe it's because God suffers more deeply than we can imagine,

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now......we ourselves groan within ourselves,.....Likewise the Spirit.... itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Rom.8:22-23,26

Our Father rejoiced that his Son loved sinners who thought of him as a criminal and hurt him terribly,

He shall see of the travail of his soul and shall be satisfied Isa.53:11

Satisfied by the travail of Someone who loves those causing his pain,

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. vs.12

Thank you Lord Jesus 💖

I said they called Jesus cursed. You said "That doesn’t fit the context, at all, which is about spiritual gifts."

I know the context is spiritual gifts, which is why I cited it. They attributed his miracles to Satan. Jesus said If anyone attributes his works to satan that person will NEVER BE FORGIVEN. So,
I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: 1Cor.12.3
Note that I was quoting, and therefore responding to, only 1 Cor 12:3. That passage has nothing to do with

Reading Deu..21:22-23 in its' [proper context doesn't say "People who are hung oon a tree are cursed.

In its's proper context Deu.21:22-23 really means, "People who commit sin worthy of death are cursed."
Yes, and yet look at what Paul states:

Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— (ESV)

I know, because you won't look at
(My post from Prioritizing Our Love as a Christian thread)
Of course not. I don't have all day to go digging through threads and posts to find some vague reference, especially when I don't even know what I'm looking for.

Dear God if anyone ever attacked a member of my family the way Gods' Son was, I would kill them and no one on earth would stop me. I think we're all becoming more like him though. That's why Isa.53 says,

the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. vs.12

That's chastisement, which brings peace

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Heb.12:11

And our dear Jesus didn't exempt himself from his Fathers' teaching, even though he's not the One who needed it.

People wonder why the innocent suffer. I believe it's because God suffers more deeply than we can imagine,

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now......we ourselves groan within ourselves,.....Likewise the Spirit.... itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Rom.8:22-23,26

Our Father rejoiced that his Son loved sinners who thought of him as a criminal and hurt him terribly,

He shall see of the travail of his soul and shall be satisfied Isa.53:11

Satisfied by the travail of Someone who loves those causing his pain,

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. vs.12

Thank you Lord Jesus 💖
I don't know what your point is with this and how it applies to our discussion. You seem to be making all sorts of unwarranted connections; at the very least you're not explaining them.

Back