Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pentecostal Churches

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
what is your opinion on Pentecostal Churches practices?

Greetings, Ervin.

If I may, along with what practices, what churches are you referring to specifically? Or are you just speaking of Pentecostalism in general. There are a lot of different Pentecostal churches. All depends on who is pastoring, and who if anyone he (or she) may be affiliated with.

God bless, and thank you for posting the question.

Hi brothers and sisters, I live with n Melbourne, Australia and there is a Pentecostal church called NEUMA ( apparently NEUMA means the Spirit of God), you can look into their website.

They speak in tounges, they have a woman preacher and male preachers and they believe miracles are normal.
I’ve never been baptised in my life and I plan for now to get baptised by them.

Thanks

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

At its finest I do think Pentecostalism retains the best of old school Protestantism and a solidly Christian perspective on life. And yet…

I live in the Bible Belt USA and a lot of Pentecostal churches have been taken over by political divisions and materialism and anti intellectual fundamentalism and…

On and on. It is what it is…

Hi brothers and sisters, I live with n Melbourne, Australia and there is a Pentecostal church called NEUMA ( apparently NEUMA means the Spirit of God), you can look into their website.

They speak in tounges, they have a woman preacher and male preachers and they believe miracles are normal.
I’ve never been baptised in my life and I plan for now to get baptised by them.

Thanks
Pneuma it's more akin to air but can mean spirit .the word pneumatic is related

Without knowing all their theology, on the surface it certainly looks good. A church that moves in the power of God is exactly what Australia needs IMO.

I think Corey should be taking the lead over Simone, but that may be something she is grooming him for, I don't know. Aside from that, everything else looks excellent.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

At its finest I do think Pentecostalism retains the best of old school Protestantism and a solidly Christian perspective on life. And yet…

I live in the Bible Belt USA and a lot of Pentecostal churches have been taken over by political divisions and materialism and anti intellectual fundamentalism and…

On and on. It is what it is…
That is a shame, the whole point of following Jesus is to leave the things of the world behind.

Last edited:
Without knowing all their theology, on the surface it certainly looks good. A church that moves in the power of God is exactly what Australia needs IMO.

I think Corey should be taking the lead over Simone, but that may be something she is grooming him for, I don't know. Aside from that, everything else looks excellent.
Here is a summary of the Assemblies of God Church. I'm not a member, but if there was a church near me, I would join.

Here is a summary of the Assemblies of God Church. I'm not a member, but if there was a church near me, I would join.

Hi Cooper, and long time no talking to you.

Yes, I've been a member of the AoG before, back when I was in college. It again depends on the individual leaders IMO, because some are better than others. I think this Nuema church he is going to is some form of offshoot from an AoG church, since they also have a presence in Australia. But they seem a little more high-powered than AoG is now, at least in the States anyway. Over here, the AoG has become pretty severely watered down, sad to say. But I was baptized in the Holy Spirit at an AoG convention, so I will always be grateful to them for that.

Yes, I've been a member of the AoG before, back when I was in college. It again depends on the individual leaders IMO, because some are better than others. I think this Nuema church he is going to is some form of offshoot from an AoG church, since they also have a presence in Australia. But they seem a little more high-powered than AoG is now, at least in the States anyway. Over here, the AoG has become pretty severely watered down, sad to say. But I was baptized in the Holy Spirit at an AoG convention, so I will always be grateful to them for that.
Praise God.

Praise God. My parents used to talk about George Gefferys a lot, and his Son, who must be quite old now, is evangelising in China. Two wonderful men of God. I grew up in the Elim Church.

what is your opinion on Pentecostal Churches practices?

Btw, I think the biggest thing you would need to avoid are churches who are spiritually lifeless and dead, teach mostly false doctrine, and have virtually nothing to do with the Spirit of God other than in name only. Such churches will be powerless to combat the sexual immorality overtaking your nation in recent decades.

This church you are attending now sounds like a vast improvement from these alternatives that will do nothing to stem that tide.

God bless,
- H

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back