Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Perpetual virginity of Mary!

Original sin a false doctrine, so the answer is yes.

Original sin is not a false doctrine, because what we call "the original sin" is the sin committed by our first parents: disobedience, which is a sin (1 Jn. 5:17), and because of Eve and Adam's sin, all mankind became sinners subject to the Law of death through sin (Rom. 5:12-21).

Does God ordain sexual relations between a man and his wife? Yes, He does...as it is written..."Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled:..." (Heb 13:4)

God also doesn't forbid a husband and/or wife from being abstinent in a marriage for Him.

Yes, I do.
Like, for instance, Matt 23:9..."And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."
And...
“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)

"Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness." (Rom 6:18)

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." (Rom 6:22)

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:1)
Then you also belive matt 16:18-19 & 18:17-18
Bound on earth bound in heaven

Our queen and mother is a perpetual virgin

The official acts of the Fifth Ecumenical Council held at Constantinople in 553 refer to Mary as aeiparthenos (i.e. ever-virgin). For example, an anathema against the 'three chapters' condemns those who deny:
that nativity of these latter days when the Word of God came down from the heavens and was made flesh of holy and glorious Mary, mother of God and ever-virgin, and was born from her ...

The Lateran Council of 649 convened by Pope Martin I also issued an important statement affirming Mary's lifelong virginity:
If anyone does not, according to the Holy Fathers, confess truly and properly that holy Mary, ever virgin and immaculate, is Mother of God, since in this latter age she conceived in true reality without human seed from the Holy Spirit, God the Word Himself, who before the ages was born of God the Father, and gave birth to Him without corruption, her virginity remaining equally inviolate after the birth, let him be anathema

By authority of Jesus Christ’s apostolic church! Matt 28:19

Original sin is not a false doctrine, because what we call "the original sin" is the sin committed by our first parents: disobedience, which is a sin (1 Jn. 5:17), and because of Eve and Adam's sin, all mankind became sinners subject to the Law of death through sin (Rom. 5:12-21).
It is a false doctrine.
Adam and Eve's sin were indeed the first sins, but no other man has to pay for A & E's sins.
Man is born pure, and remains pure until their own first sin.
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezek 18:20)
God also doesn't forbid a husband and/or wife from being abstinent in a marriage for Him.
If the couple are fasting, they may remain abstinent, but when the fast is over they re to put abstinence aside.
"Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency." (1 Cor 7:5)

Then you also belive matt 16:18-19 & 18:17-18
Bound on earth bound in heaven

Our queen and mother is a perpetual virgin

The official acts of the Fifth Ecumenical Council held at Constantinople in 553 refer to Mary as aeiparthenos (i.e. ever-virgin). For example, an anathema against the 'three chapters' condemns those who deny:
that nativity of these latter days when the Word of God came down from the heavens and was made flesh of holy and glorious Mary, mother of God and ever-virgin, and was born from her ...

The Lateran Council of 649 convened by Pope Martin I also issued an important statement affirming Mary's lifelong virginity:
If anyone does not, according to the Holy Fathers, confess truly and properly that holy Mary, ever virgin and immaculate, is Mother of God, since in this latter age she conceived in true reality without human seed from the Holy Spirit, God the Word Himself, who before the ages was born of God the Father, and gave birth to Him without corruption, her virginity remaining equally inviolate after the birth, let him be anathema

By authority of Jesus Christ’s apostolic church! Matt 28:19
I have a King, but I worship no queens or other usurpers of God's glory.
False "churches" have no authority over the repentant and reborn.

I have a King, but I worship no queens or other usurpers of God's glory.
False "churches" have no authority over the repentant and reborn.
When did i say worship?

If you to reject the decree’s of apostolic councils then you reject the authority of christ and scripture

THE Holy Church justly honors the great Virgin Mary, and would have her honored by all men with the glorious title of queen, because she has been elevated to the dignity of mother of the King of kings. If the Son is king, says St. Athanasius, his mother must necessarily be considered and entitled queen. From the moment that Mary consented, adds St. Bernardine of Sienna, to become the mother of the Eternal Word, she merited the title of queen of the world and all creatures. f If the flesh of Mary, says St. Arnold, abbot, was the flesh of Jesus, how can the moth er be separated from the Son in his kingdom? Hence it follows that the regal glory must not only be considered as common to the mother and the Son, but even the same.

If Jesus is the king of the whole world, Mary is also queen of the whole world :f therefore, says St. Bernardine of Sienna, all creatures who serve God ought also to serve Mary; for all an gels and men, and all things that are in heaven and on earth being subject to the dominion of God, are also subject to the dominion of the glorious Virgin. | Hence Guerric, abbot, thus ad dresses the divine mother: Continue, Mary, continue in security to reign; dispose, according to thy will, of every thing belonging to thy Son, for thou, being mother and spouse of the King of the world, the kingdom and power over all creatures is due to thee as queen.

Mary, then, is queen; but let all learn for their consolation that she is a mild and merciful queen, desiring the good of us poor sinners. Hence the holy Church bids us salute her in this prayer, and name her the Queen of Mercy. The very name of queen signifies, as blessed Albertus Magnus remarks, compassion, and pro vision for the poor; differing in this from the titie of empress, which signifies severity and rigor. The greatness of kings and queens consists in comforting the wretched as Seneca says. So that whereas tyrants, in reigning, have only their own advantage in view, kings should have for their object the good of their subjects.

Are you on any of sites / forums

I've been banned from every Christian forum on the internet, including this one (I've remade with this account), and my IP address blocked from many of them, all because the moderators don't like what I have to say lol. I'm sure it will happen here at some point. If I'm able to rejoin any of them, my most commonly used username is Soul or Soulx3.

I've been banned from every Christian forum on the internet, including this one (I've remade with this account), and my IP address blocked from many of them, all because the moderators don't like what I have to say lol. I'm sure it will happen here at some point. If I'm able to rejoin any of them, my most commonly used username is Soul or Soulx3.
Me too

Why does Mary call God her saviour?

"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior."

She obviously declared God was her savior. But apparently she's pure and sinless according to some so what did God need to deliver her from?.

Last edited:
Why does Mary call God her saviour?

"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior."

She obviously declared God was her savior. But apparently she's pure and sinless according to some so what did God need to deliver her from?.
Not delivered from but preserved from original sin and all sin!

Gen 3:15 enmity total war
Lk 1:28 full body of grace, blessed, the Lord is with her,
Lk 1:30 found our salvation
Rev 12:1 immaculate purity

A good tree!

Biblical Principle

A good tree CANNOT bear bad fruit!
A bad tree (sinner) cannot bear good fruit! (Savior / salvation)

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Why do the new covenant scriptures not talk much about Mary?. Jesus never spoke of her, Paul doesn't talk about her in his letters or any of the other diciples in the scriptures as someone to be placed on a pedistal.

As for ever virgin the scriptures lead me to believe she was not. More leads me to believe she was not than she was.

Basic example.

"and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son".

It doesn't say she gave birth to her first and only son or only child, and a first born means the first child born, if there is a first born that means they just the first child, otherwise it should say she gave birth to her one and only son, or firstborm and only child , and then something like that could end the argument she did not have more children.

Because the scriptures were written after the fact if Mary was to be acknowledged as ever virgin then it would be an important part of scripture and clearly told.

Or the scriptures that say she did not have relations with her husband untill Jesus was born. What is that most probably saying?. Why was that written in the scripture that we should be told that?.

It all leads me to not agree with the ever virgin belief.

Last edited:
Why do the new covenant scriptures not talk much about Mary?. Jesus never spoke of her, Paul doesn't talk about her in his letters or any of the other diciples in the scriptures as someone to be placed on a pedistal.

As for ever virgin the scriptures lead me to believe she was not. More leads me to believe she was not than she was.

Basic example.

"and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son".

It doesn't say she gave birth to her first and only son or only child, and a first born means the first child born, if there is a first born that means they just the first child, otherwise it should say she gave birth to her one and only son, or firstborm and only child , and then something like that could end the argument she did not have more children.

Because the scriptures were written after the fact if Mary was to be acknowledged as ever virgin then it would be an important part of scripture and clearly told.

Or the scriptures that say she did not have relations with her husband untill Jesus was born. What is that most probably saying?. Why was that written in the scripture that we should be told that?.

It all leads me to not agree with the ever virgin belief.
In your understanding of all things holy is it proper to serve a bbq dinner on the ark of the covenant or have a rock and roll dance in the holy of holies?

Thks

Whoever wrote the gospel said Joseph and Mary got married while she was pregant and she went to live with Joseph in his house and he did not have any relations with her until the child was born. They married, they lived together, as she moved into Jospephs house as a married couple, yet Joseph was also a righteous man and he didn't touch her until Jesus was born as he was told what was going on.

She was a pregant clean virgin who was righteous and blessed and chosen by God and consented as Gods servant to give birth to the Christ as a clean untouched vessel. Once Jesus was born she could have relations with her husband and have more children if they wanted it's not a sin. Nowhere in the scripture can i see anything that leads towards she would or is commanded by God to stay a virgin or took a vow to be ever virgin and stay away from her husband for life.

If Mary was ever virign then her righteous husband Jospeph was forced to be one no choice because hes not allowed to have relations with his wife.

Last edited:
Back