Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Perpetual virginity of Mary!

The Lateran Council of 649 convened by Pope Martin I also issued an important statement affirming Mary's lifelong virginity:
If anyone does not, according to the Holy Fathers, confess truly and properly that holy Mary, ever virgin and immaculate, is Mother of God, since in this latter age she conceived in true reality without human seed from the Holy Spirit, God the Word Himself, who before the ages was born of God the Father, and gave birth to Him without corruption, her virginity remaining equally inviolate after the birth, let him be condemned.

Where in scripture does it say im condemned if I don't believe Mary is ever virgin?. Where does the scriptures say anywhere if I do not confess and truly believe that Mary was ever virgin let me be condemned?.

So Christ alone is not good enough I somehow have to believe for some reason Mary never had relations with her husband to get a pass?.

Last edited:
Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

So Mary questions the angel asking how can she have a child if she know not a man. That's a fair enough question to ask, I mean any woman who know not a man would question how they going to have a baby. So the angel then gives her the answer.

And Joseph is wanting to put her away because his pledged to be wife is somehow pregnant that makes no sense how that could be given he know her not because they not yet married, so an angel visits him and tells him not to stress out because its Gods work and to take her as his wife, so he wakes up and takes her home as his wife, and he knew her not until she brought forth her firstborn son, Jesus.

Last edited:
Whoever wrote the gospel said Joseph and Mary got married while she was pregant and she went to live with Joseph in his house and he did not have any relations with her until the child was born. They married, they lived together, as she moved into Jospephs house as a married couple, yet Joseph was also a righteous man and he didn't touch her until Jesus was born as he was told what was going on.

She was a pregant clean virgin who was righteous and blessed and chosen by God and consented as Gods servant to give birth to the Christ as a clean untouched vessel. Once Jesus was born she could have relations with her husband and have more children if they wanted it's not a sin. Nowhere in the scripture can i see anything that leads towards she would or is commanded by God to stay a virgin or took a vow to be ever virgin and stay away from her husband for life.

If Mary was ever virign then her righteous husband Jospeph was forced to be one no choice because hes not allowed to have relations with his wife.
Mary was not just a virgin or a girl who has not had sex but a true virgin choosing to love God and sacrifice herself completely to God!

Knowing the holiness of God we cannot use the ark of the covenant for a bbq dinner or the holy of holies for a rock and roll dance, and why not?

Cos they are consecrated to God in holiness and myst be pure and only for God’s purpose and cannot be used for an ordinary purpose without it being a sacrilege!

Mary is consecrated to God alone!
A vow of perpetual virginity!

Lk 1:34 no sex period

And the ark of the covenant is a type of Mary

Mary is the temple not made with hands the dwelling place of God consecrated to God in holiness and for His purpose alone!

Thks

Where in scripture does it say im condemned if I don't believe Mary is ever virgin?. Where does the scriptures say anywhere if I do not confess and truly believe that Mary was ever virgin let me be condemned?.

So Christ alone is not good enough I somehow have to believe for some reason Mary never had relations with her husband to get a pass?.
Matt 16:18-19 matt 18:18 bound on earth bound in heaven

All graces merited by Christ cone thru mary as the head is joined to the body by the neck!

So Mary questions the angel asking how can she have a child if she know not a man. That's a fair enough question to ask, I mean any woman who know not a man would question how they going to have a baby. So the angel then gives her the answer.

And Joseph is wanting to put her away because his pledged to be wife is somehow pregnant that makes no sense how that could be given he know her not because they not yet married, so an angel visits him and tells him not to stress out because its Gods work and to take her as his wife, so he wakes up and takes her home as his wife, and he knew her not until she brought forth her firstborn son, Jesus.
Sex is not a requirement of marriage!

Adam and eve were were married in the garden but never had sex in the garden!

Thks

Also condemned if you hold to faith alone

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Sex is not a requirement of marriage!

Adam and eve were were married in the garden but never had sex in the garden!

Thks

Yes you are right it's not a requirement, its a choice.

How do you define Matt 1:25?

"He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus".

If Mary and Jospeh are married and live together as the scripture says Joseph woke up and took her as his wife and she moved into his home and they lived together and she pregant so , what does " he knew her not until Jesus was born" mean to you?.

What did he not about her till Jesus was born in your belief? .

How can he not know her if they are a married couple and live together?. He didn't talk to his wife for 9 months?

Last edited:
Yes you are right it's not a requirement, its a choice.

How do you define Matt 1:25?

"He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus".

If Mary and Jospeh are married and live together as the scripture says Joseph woke up and took her as his wife and she moved into his home and they lived together and she pregant so , what does " he knew her not until Jesus was born" mean to you?.

What did he not about her till Jesus was born in your belief? .

How can he not know her if they are a married couple and live together?. He didn't talk to his wife for 9 months?
Simply verifying the virgin birth

A statement of fact up to a point in time but says nothing about what happened after that point

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Thks

Matt 1:20 …for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. (Not conceived of Joseph)
Only the Holy Ghost has conceived in Mary!

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Matthew 1:16
And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. (Only Jesus born on f Mary)

The heir! Singular one and only!

Matt 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

The son of Mary! Singular one and only! Mk 6:3

The Christ not a christ! Singular one and only!
Matt 16:16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

The King! Lk 1:32-33

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Only one king! If Jesus had brothers they would be princes and the next oldest would be king in Israel upon the death of Christ!

But as we see there is only one King, and His Kingdom has no end!

Knowing the holiness of God we cannot use the ark of the covenant for a bbq dinner or the holy of holies for a rock and roll dance, and why not?

Cos they are consecrated to God in holiness and must be pure and only for God’s purpose and cannot be used for an ordinary purpose without it being a sacrilege!

Mary is consecrated to God alone!
A vow of perpetual virginity!

Back