Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Peter NOT the 1st pope: Analysis Matthew 16 - Peter and the keys of the kingdom

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Father pope papa

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!

They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of jurisdictional authority! Open and shut And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:5
eph 5:24

It don’t say you are saved, it says shall be saved!

Must persevere to the end in Christ! Jn 15:4 Matt 24:13

Infant baptism follows
And your point is?? There is no record of an infant being baptized in the NT scriptures. And as stated above, they cannot fulfill the requirements such as confession of brlief or repenting, nor have they sin to be forgiven of to begin with.

And your point is?? There is no record of an infant being baptized in the NT scriptures. And as stated above, they cannot fulfill the requirements such as confession of brlief or repenting, nor have they sin to be forgiven of to begin with.
But they are devoid of grace and cannot enter the kingdom without baptism Jn 3:5

Why does it need to be in scripture?

Where does it say all truths revealed by Christ are in scripture?

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Christ founded the church to teach and sanctify all men! Matt 28:19

Infant Baptism / baptism

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

This promise made in ez 36
A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say adults only or except infants!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness.

(It does not say adults only or except infants!)
(Scripture does not say anywhere “do not baptized infants”)

Baptism is the Christian initiation sacrament of the new covenant for all men. Matt 28:19 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Lk 1:10-11 all people including infants

Thee faith is required for adult baptism.
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

If it’s not possible (as in the case of infants) it’s not required.

But the promise of the parents to raise and educate the child in the faith is required, then the child is confirmed in thee faith at the age of reason.

Repentance is required for adult baptism. Acts 2:38

If there is no personal sin to repent of (as in the case of infants) then it’s not required.

For two thousand years the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles has always baptized infants!

Acts 1:8
Witness of Augustine!

It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that INFANT is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. For it is not written, "Unless a man be born again by the will of his parents" or "by the faith of those presenting him or ministering to him," but, "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit." The water, therefore, manifesting exteriorly the sacrament of grace, and the Spirit effecting interiorly the benefit of grace, both regenerate in one Christ that man who was generated in Adam (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).

“The sacrament of baptism is most assuredly the sacrament of regeneration” (ibid., 2:27:43).

“Baptism washes away all, absolutely all, our sins, whether of deed, word, or thought, whether sins original or added, whether knowingly or unknowingly contracted” (Against Two Letters of the Pelagians 3:3:5 [A.D. 420]).

“This is the meaning of the great sacrament of baptism, which is celebrated among us: all who attain to this grace die thereby to sin—as he himself [Jesus] is said to have died to sin because he died in the flesh (that is, ‘in the likeness of sin’)—and they are thereby alive by being reborn in the baptismal font, just as he rose again from the sepulcher. This is the case no matter what the age of the body. For whether it be a newborn infant or a decrepit old man—since no one should be barred from baptism—just so, there is no one who does not die to sin in baptism. Infants die to original sin only; adults, to all those sins which they have added, through their evil living, to the burden they brought with them at birth” (Handbook on Faith, Hope, and Love 13[41] [A.D. 421]).

I have to disagree that Peter is the rock the church is built on in Matthew 16. The following NT verses surely support the view that Jesus is the rock that the church is built on.

Matthew 7:24 "Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.
7:25 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn't fall, for it was founded on the rock.

Matthew 16:18 I also tell you that you are Peter, (Peter's name, Petros in Greek, Latin Petrus, is the word for a specific rock or stone.) and on this rock (Greek, petra, Latin petram, a rock mass or bedrock.) I will build my assembly, ....

Matthew 21:42 'The stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the head of the corner. This was from the Lord. It is marvelous in our eyes?' (Psalm 118:22-23) ....
21:44 He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but on whoever it will fall, it will scatter him as dust."

Mark 12:10 Haven't you even read this Scripture: 'The stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the head of the corner.

Luke 6:47 Everyone who comes to me, and hears my words, and does them, I will show you who he is like.
6:48 He is like a man building a house, who dug and went deep, and laid a foundation on the rock. When a flood arose, the stream broke against that house, and could not shake it, because it was founded on the rock.

Luke 20:17 But he looked at them, and said, "Then what is this that is written, 'The stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the chief cornerstone?' (Psalm 118:22)
020:018 Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, but it will crush whomever it falls on to dust."

Acts 4:11 He (Jesus) is 'the stone which was regarded as worthless by you, the builders, which has become the head of the corner.' (Psalm 118:22)

Romans 9:32 ... They stumbled over the stumbling stone;
9:33 even as it is written, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and a rock of offense; and no one who believes in him will be disappointed." (Isaiah 8:14; 28:16)

1 Corinthians 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ.

Ephesians 2:20 being built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the chief cornerstone; ....

1 Peter 2:4 coming to him, a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, precious.
2:5 You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
2:6 Because it is contained in Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious: He who believes in him will not be disappointed." (Isaiah 28:16)
2:7 For you who believe therefore is the honor, but for those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected, has become the chief cornerstone," (Psalm 118:22)
2:8 and, "a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense." (Isaiah 8:14)

This last one also says in Zion not in Rome.

But they are devoid of grace and cannot enter the kingdom without baptism Jn 3:5

Why does it need to be in scripture?

Where does it say all truths revealed by Christ are in scripture?

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Christ founded the church to teach and sanctify all men! Matt 28:19
You're making even less sense now; scripture is all we have to go by! If it's not in scripture, what's the source? How can you believe it if it's not from the written word of God? And grace is what God provides when one transgresses and is subsequently penitent; has infants sinned, repented, and is in need of God's grace?

I have to disagree that Peter is the rock the church is built on in Matthew 16. The following NT verses surely support the view that Jesus is the rock that the church is built on.

Matthew 7:24 "Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.
7:25 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn't fall, for it was founded on the rock.

Matthew 16:18 I also tell you that you are Peter, (Peter's name, Petros in Greek, Latin Petrus, is the word for a specific rock or stone.) and on this rock (Greek, petra, Latin petram, a rock mass or bedrock.) I will build my assembly, ....

Matthew 21:42 'The stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the head of the corner. This was from the Lord. It is marvelous in our eyes?' (Psalm 118:22-23) ....
21:44 He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but on whoever it will fall, it will scatter him as dust."

Mark 12:10 Haven't you even read this Scripture: 'The stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the head of the corner.

Luke 6:47 Everyone who comes to me, and hears my words, and does them, I will show you who he is like.
6:48 He is like a man building a house, who dug and went deep, and laid a foundation on the rock. When a flood arose, the stream broke against that house, and could not shake it, because it was founded on the rock.

Luke 20:17 But he looked at them, and said, "Then what is this that is written, 'The stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the chief cornerstone?' (Psalm 118:22)
020:018 Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, but it will crush whomever it falls on to dust."

Acts 4:11 He (Jesus) is 'the stone which was regarded as worthless by you, the builders, which has become the head of the corner.' (Psalm 118:22)

Romans 9:32 ... They stumbled over the stumbling stone;
9:33 even as it is written, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and a rock of offense; and no one who believes in him will be disappointed." (Isaiah 8:14; 28:16)

1 Corinthians 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ.

Ephesians 2:20 being built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the chief cornerstone; ....

1 Peter 2:4 coming to him, a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God, precious.
2:5 You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
2:6 Because it is contained in Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, chosen, and precious: He who believes in him will not be disappointed." (Isaiah 28:16)
2:7 For you who believe therefore is the honor, but for those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected, has become the chief cornerstone," (Psalm 118:22)
2:8 and, "a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense." (Isaiah 8:14)

This last one also says in Zion not in Rome.
Does Christ declare Peter to be blessed or his confession?

Does Christ give Peter the keys (jurisdictional authority) or his confession?

Thanks

You're making even less sense now; scripture is all we have to go by! If it's not in scripture, what's the source? How can you believe it if it's not from the written word of God? And grace is what God provides when one transgresses and is subsequently penitent; has infants sinned, repented, and is in need of God's grace?
Only Christ has authority to establish the church! Matt 16:18-19
One church! Jn 10:16 All others are sects “full of errors” “the tradition of men”! The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith! The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15 Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20

The church is of divine origin and cannot be corrupted or reformed by the tradition of men! Truth is immutable!

The church the only ark of salvation, the household of faith and is not spiritual to the exclusion of the physical or invisible to the exclusion of the visible but, visible, invisible, spiritual, physical, and supernatural of divine origin and therefore divine preservation! Matt 16:18-19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Jn 10:16

Visible and invisible
Spiritual and physical
And supernatural the means of grace and the ark of salvation!

A city set on a hill: Matt 5:14
Light of the world: Matt 5:14
Pillar of truth: 1 Tim 3:15

Christ founded the church to Teach and sanctify all men: Matt 28:19

Scripture yes
Scripture alone no
Scripture plus your private judgement no
The revelation of Jesus Christ
The tradition
Or
Teaching

The word of God
Thru the apostolic church
By
Word (verbal) & scripture (written)

Amen!

(Note: teaching authority of Christ in His apostolic church, not traditions, habits, customs etc.)

Sacred Tradition / apostolic tradition

Every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ and were commanded to teach to all men!

The truths revealed by Christ and commanded by Christ to be taught by the apostles to all men!

Matt 28:19 does NOT say: go and teach all men to observe “scripture alone”, it does Not say go write books and let the people make their own faith!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Commanded to teach not to write “scripture alone”!

Commanded tradition not “scripture alone”!

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Apostolic tradition (doctrine) Not scripture alone”!

Nor is there more than one Christian faith revealed by Christ and taught by the apostolic church!
Eph 4:5

The Authority of the apostolic church is binds the conscience of every Christian to believe the Christian faith or the truths revealed by Christ and found in the creeds, didache, dogma’s and Decree’s of apostolic councils.

The apostles are commanded by Christ to teach tradition.

One revelation of Jesus Christ!
Word (Verbal)
and
Epistle (scripture)
2 thes 2:15

We are commanded by Christ to obey tradition. Matt 28:19-20
Tradition (oral teaching) or every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ.

Obedience of faith! Rom 16:26

And scripture supports tradition.

Example of tradition: 1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you…

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Only Christ has authority to establish the one true church and to send the apostles to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation, all sects are full of errors and the tradition of men devoid of grace, truth, and authority.

Infants are born with original sin and need the grace of baptism
But no personal sin only devoid of grace and apart from christ

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

Not called to “faith alone” Phil 1:29

Only Christ has authority to establish the church! Matt 16:18-19
One church! Jn 10:16 All others are sects “full of errors” “the tradition of men”! The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith! The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15 Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20

The church is of divine origin and cannot be corrupted or reformed by the tradition of men! Truth is immutable!

The church the only ark of salvation, the household of faith and is not spiritual to the exclusion of the physical or invisible to the exclusion of the visible but, visible, invisible, spiritual, physical, and supernatural of divine origin and therefore divine preservation! Matt 16:18-19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13 Jn 10:16

Visible and invisible
Spiritual and physical
And supernatural the means of grace and the ark of salvation!

A city set on a hill: Matt 5:14
Light of the world: Matt 5:14
Pillar of truth: 1 Tim 3:15

Christ founded the church to Teach and sanctify all men: Matt 28:19
Exactly. Only Christ who is the head of HIS church not a pope which is unscriptural, man contrived nonsense.

Scripture yes
Scripture alone no
Scripture plus your private judgement no
The revelation of Jesus Christ
The tradition
Or
Teaching

The word of God
Thru the apostolic church
By
Word (verbal) & scripture (written)

Amen!

(Note: teaching authority of Christ in His apostolic church, not traditions, habits, customs etc.)

Sacred Tradition / apostolic tradition

Every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ and were commanded to teach to all men!

The truths revealed by Christ and commanded by Christ to be taught by the apostles to all men!

Matt 28:19 does NOT say: go and teach all men to observe “scripture alone”, it does Not say go write books and let the people make their own faith!

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Commanded to teach not to write “scripture alone”!

Commanded tradition not “scripture alone”!

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Apostolic tradition (doctrine) Not scripture alone”!

Nor is there more than one Christian faith revealed by Christ and taught by the apostolic church!
Eph 4:5

The Authority of the apostolic church is binds the conscience of every Christian to believe the Christian faith or the truths revealed by Christ and found in the creeds, didache, dogma’s and Decree’s of apostolic councils.

The apostles are commanded by Christ to teach tradition.

One revelation of Jesus Christ!
Word (Verbal)
and
Epistle (scripture)
2 thes 2:15

We are commanded by Christ to obey tradition. Matt 28:19-20
Tradition (oral teaching) or every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ.

Obedience of faith! Rom 16:26

And scripture supports tradition.

Example of tradition: 1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you…

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Only Christ has authority to establish the one true church and to send the apostles to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation, all sects are full of errors and the tradition of men devoid of grace, truth, and authority.
So it's the bible plus man made up nonsense. I'll stick with the bible plus nothing else.

Infants are born with original sin and need the grace of baptism
But no personal sin only devoid of grace and apart from christ

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

Not called to “faith alone” Phil 1:29
No such thing as original sin. Yes, faith and baptism. Faith, infants don't have, and baptism is not pouring water on someone's head.

Exactly. Only Christ who is the head of HIS church not a pope which is unscriptural, man contrived nonsense.
Really?

Please Explain Isa 22:21-22 and Matt 16:18-19

Or why christ identifies Peter alone with himself Matt 16:27

Is Christ the head of the church?
Yes and that imply’s a
Hierarchical structure.

Is Christ high priest? Yes
And that implies low priests of the same order under His authority.

Thanks

Really?

Please Explain Isa 22:21-22 and Matt 16:18-19

Or why christ identifies Peter alone with himself Matt 16:27

Is Christ the head of the church?
Yes and that imply’s a
Hierarchical structure.

Is Christ high priest? Yes
And that implies low priests of the same order under His authority.

Thanks

This OP of mine previously posted should address your questions regarding Peter and more. Follow the link to the posting.

So it's the bible plus man made up nonsense. I'll stick with the bible plus nothing else.
To reject the church or her doctrine is to reject Christ who founded the church and revealed the doctrine!
Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

We have no authority to decide faith, doctrine or truth for ourselves by any means including scripture study!

Must hear the church 18:17

Does Christ declare Peter to be blessed or his confession?

Does Christ give Peter the keys (jurisdictional authority) or his confession?

Thanks

Yes it was Peter that he said was blessed. But that is not anything uniquely special as alot of others are called blessed in the New Testament as seen by the following list (sorry I couldn't give all the book chapter and verse numbers) :

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
Blessed are those who have been persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
Blessed are you when people reproach you, persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Blessed is he who finds no occasion for stumbling in me.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears, for they hear.
Blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah....
Blessed is that servant whom his lord finds doing so when he comes.
Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
He took them in his arms, and blessed them, laying his hands on them.
Blessed is the kingdom of our father David that is coming in the name of the Lord!
Blessed are you among women....
Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of the things which have been spoken to her from the Lord!
For behold, from now on, all generations will call me blessed.
... and Simeon blessed them....
"Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the Kingdom of God.
Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be filled.
Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.
Blessed are you when men shall hate you, and when they shall exclude and mock you, and throw out your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake.
Blessed is he who is not offended by me.
Blessed are the eyes which see the things that you see
blessed are those who hear the word of God, and keep it.
Blessed are those servants, whom the lord will find watching when he comes.
They will be blessed if he comes in the second or third watch, and finds them so.
Blessed is that servant whom his lord will find doing so when he comes.
But when you make a feast, ask the poor, the maimed, the lame, or the blind; and you will be blessed.
Blessed is he who will feast in the Kingdom of God!
Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed.
He led them out as far as Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. It happened, while he blessed them, that he withdrew from them, and was carried up into heaven.
If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed.
In your seed will all the families of the earth be blessed.
Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man whom the Lord will by no means charge with sin.
In you all the nations will be blessed.
So then, those who are of faith are blessed with the faithful Abraham.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ;
For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of God Most High, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him
By faith, Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau.
By faith, Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph.
Blessed is the man who endures temptation.
But he who looks into the perfect law of freedom, and continues, not being a hearer who forgets, but a doer of the work, this man will be blessed in what he does.
Behold, we call them blessed who endured.
But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed.
If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed.
Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written in it.
Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.
Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his clothes, so that he doesn't walk naked, and they see his shame."
Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.
Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection.
Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.
Blessed are those who do his commandments.

Plus the blesser (Jesus) is greater than the blessed (Peter) :
"But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater."

The only thing I haven't got an answer for yet is the keys bit. But I have already shown that Peter is not the rock the church is built on.

Back