Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please Help me, I need strenght

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

clueless5

Hello everyone,
My girlfriend Katrina and I have been together for like 4 months now. She told me she had uterine cancer long ago I was fine with that.Yesterday she joined this experimental cancer treatment programme which has a 60-65% chance to cure her cancer but if it fails to cure it it's going to kill her.This is the second day of the treatment and maybe tomorrow I will get the results.I'm in love with her and I would be lost without her.Day 1 has been hell for me. I can't stay strong the thoughts of losing her tortures me every second.I've never been in love before I'm 19 and this is my first time, she is the only one I can be with. I don't want to lose her,not this way.Without a doubt yesterday and today are the worst days of my life. I'm helpless there is nothing I can do for her,we can't even communicate during the treatment.If I had 1 wish It would be her survival. I'm not really a religious person. I hardly ever prayed. And I have my doubts about religion. I feel so helpless.I hope she makes it out alive. If there is a God all I ask of him is to hear me.Will you guys pray for me?

Absolutely, I'll pray for you and her. :pray :pray :pray

Since you are probably unfamiliar with your local churches, I would suggest if you know any Christians in your area, you ask them to introduce you to their pastors. Find one that you are comfortable talking with. Don't think they will jump on you to wrangle you into the faith. They could give you some sincere counsel that could help you make sense of this and give you some sort of peace. You shouldn't be trying to handle this on your own. I imagine you are trying to be strong for her while dealing with your misery. That is hard.

Since you're 19, I assume she is around that age, and that's terribly tragic to face this now.

:pray :pray :pray

Maybe this would be a good time for you to consider accepting Jesus. I'll definitely pray for you, but you can pray too. And it seems to me that He'd be more likely to accept your prayers if you have a relationship with Him (If I am wrong about that, someone please tell me). God can be a great comfort in times like this, and this difficult time could be His way of drawing you to Him. And also, this treatment could just be the thing that makes your girlfriend get better. You never know. :tongue

Father, I lift up Katrina and clueless5 to You, and pray for You to manifest Your presence and Your love to each of them. I pray Father for Katrina's healing, for You to anoint all those around her with wisdom to deal with her situation according to Your will. I pray Father for her complete restoration, for Your Word says that You want us to prosper and be in health. And I pray Father for the peace of God that passes all understanding to guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Pour out Your matchless love on them both, in Jesus' Name, amen.

Clueless,

I have prayed and will continue to pray. I felt a great anointing (god's presence and power) when I prayed for you both. God wants to heal her. Now is a really good time to start investigating Jesus. He said he is the way, the truth, and the life, and that no one comes to the Father except through Him. Also, confess this scripture over Katrina as often as you can. Say "She will live and not die, and declare the works of the Lord". God's word is alive and powerful. Speak those words over her and I will do the same, I have used this scripture for healing before in a life/death situation and he came through. She needs Jesus as well. I believe God will heal her. If you don't have a bible, pick one up. i would recommend the new king james version, it is easy to read. Start reading at the Gospel of John. I believe in part that some of this is happening to draw you to the Lord, that He is drawing you to Himself. I also agree with the other posts, if there are any Christians you know, talk with their pastors. Seek the truth and you will find it.

God bless you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back