Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Please Help Me

J

JosephSharon

I'm sure that there are a million threads on here with similar content, but please bare with me. I need your help.

You know the diagrams that show drawings of supposed animals progressing from apes to Man? Can you please tell me whether any of the characters in the drawings besides the final product have actually been proven to have existed? Or are they merely hypothesized to have existed?

Besides "java man", "lucy", "peking man", and "neandtherthaal man" - which I can explain away - have there been any skeletons of alleged evolutionary predecessors to Man that have been discovered?

If the answer is "yes", please, for the love of God, do not respond to this thread. Please only weigh-in if you have an answer that I want to hear.

Thank You

No, there are no skeletons or anything ever discovered that has been proven to
make God a liar.
There never will be. God created man, in His own image. He did not create monkeys that turned into men, later on.

Evolution, the charts, etc., are a THEORY. They have always been a theory, and the reason for this
theory is to trip people up in their faith in God.

So....logically speaking, the THEORY of evolution, and the big bang THEORY, are all lies, from the devil, who found willing men (and women) to promote them, and those promotions found gullible or ignorant
Christians who were so ungrounded in the Word, that they faltered.

There is a remedy, though, if you have been tripped up by this lie, or any others. READ THE KJV BIBLE.
READ IT EVERY DAY!
Memorize it.
Tape bible verses in your car, your house, your bedroom, your books, your CDs, everything.
You will not stumble so easily the next time the devil sends a lie to you.

I hope that this is an answer that will help you.

God could have created Man by evolution, and he most likely did.

I believe the bible supports this idea.

Our physical bodies are the carriers for our souls. The first "Man", Adam, was the first physical body with a soul.

I believe the point is made here in Genesis. We can see that Adam's body existed before God breathed life(ie. his soul) into him.

Gen 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Biblereader said:
No, there are no skeletons or anything ever discovered that has been proven to
make God a liar.
There never will be. God created man, in His own image. He did not create monkeys that turned into men, later on.

Evolution, the charts, etc., are a THEORY. They have always been a theory, and the reason for this
theory is to trip people up in their faith in God.

So....logically speaking, the THEORY of evolution, and the big bang THEORY, are all lies, from the devil, who found willing men (and women) to promote them, and those promotions found gullible or ignorant
Christians who were so ungrounded in the Word, that they faltered.

There is a remedy, though, if you have been tripped up by this lie, or any others. READ THE KJV BIBLE.
READ IT EVERY DAY!
Memorize it.
Tape bible verses in your car, your house, your bedroom, your books, your CDs, everything.
You will not stumble so easily the next time the devil sends a lie to you.

So Biologist, Physicists, Geologist, and Chemists, are working for the Devil, and good Christians should live in ignorance of these subjects as they are of the devil? Sure sounds like a superstition to me.

happyjoy said:
So Biologist, Physicists, Geologist, and Chemists, are working for the Devil, and good Christians should live in ignorance of these subjects as they are of the devil? Sure sounds like a superstition to me.

...sigh...

happyjoy, there you are spouting superstition again. No one said biologists, physicists, geologists and chemists are all working for the devil. No one said Christians should live in ignorance. Many Christians are well educated "scientists" who accept biblical truths. I do believe that ideas and notions that contradict God and devaluate our worth are from the devil. You might have a liberal view of biblical matters.

If the sciences were to be used to demonstrate that Jesus was not divine, would you agree that evil is being used to fight against Him? If you wouldn't, the rest wouldn't apply. If you do, why wouldn't a theory that we were not created be considered spawned from hell, if we believe it to be true and important?

is it by chance that i typed this intellegently? ie with no coherence, and so forth with these odds in support of random typing 1to 10^135 against it being done by chance!

jasoncran said:
is it by chance that i typed this intellegently? ie with no coherence, and so forth with these odds in support of random typing 1to 10^135 against it being done by chance!

Maybe -- :rolling

mjjcb said:
happyjoy said:

...sigh...

happyjoy, there you are spouting superstition again. No one said biologists, physicists, geologists and chemists are all working for the devil. No one said Christians should live in ignorance. Many Christians are well educated "scientists" who accept biblical truths. I do believe that ideas and notions that contradict God and devaluate our worth are from the devil. You might have a liberal view of biblical matters.

I was responding to superstition. One can be both rational and Christian. When people go around saying that science is of the devil they are being superstitious.

happyjoy what is a rational christian to you. the cross isnt exactly a "logical" thing to accept. a man who died on the cross and had a chance to defend himself via open his mouth and didnt. then died and rose from the dead. not exactly provable via the scientific method and rational.

There is actually never been a true "missing link" or anything along those lines found. The skeletons they find, I believe, are mostly partial, and, from what I have seen, shows very little of a transition from ape to man. Also, there are many missing links in the theory of evolution, while the only missing link in Creationism is that we were not there.

But the theory of evolution seems to rely to much on chance. It's like saying if I gave a monkey a typewriter, one day he would complete the entire works of Shakespeare. Also, before the fall of man, there was no suffering on Earth. If there was something that progressed from animal to man, that would mean there was death and thus suffering in the world millions/billions of years before the fall. So one can't say the beliefs really coincide.

jasoncran said:
happyjoy what is a rational christian to you. the cross isnt exactly a "logical" thing to accept. a man who died on the cross and had a chance to defend himself via open his mouth and didnt. then died and rose from the dead. not exactly provable via the scientific method and rational.

Science can not prove any specific person existed 2000 years ago, that isn't what science does.

Science explains the world around us. That it is older than six thousand years old. That all life on earth is related. That the earth revolves around the sun which its self revolves around the center of our galaxy. That the speed of light is a constant. That water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Those are the things science deals with.

you didnt answer the question totally and often archeological shows do show that jesus lived but didnt die on the cross. unless you dont think that the field of archeology isnt a science.

they often do this.

heres a person doing just that and read the comments. note the article writer maynot be an actually archeologist or any scientist. i didnt check

but it wouldnt be a stretch for a naturalistic scientistist to accept this hypothesis as that is possible what he says. though i disagree with that conclusion. faith is where science and logic end. that is what i showing you and that people do attack the faith that we christians have. unless you think that dawkins and hitchens are pro christians.

http://www.dbskeptic.com/2009/08/16/jes ... cinations/

jasoncran said:
you didnt answer the question totally and often archeological shows do show that jesus lived but didnt die on the cross. unless you dont think that the field of archeology isnt a science.

they often do this.

heres a person doing just that and read the comments. note the article writer maynot be an actually archeologist or any scientist. i didnt check

but it wouldnt be a stretch for a naturalistic scientistist to accept this hypothesis as that is possible what he says. though i disagree with that conclusion. faith is where science and logic end. that is what i showing you and that people do attack the faith that we christians have. unless you think that dawkins and hitchens are pro christians.

http://www.dbskeptic.com/2009/08/16/jes ... cinations/

When you try to show science to be wrong you never use science. You right that guy wasn't a archeologist or a scientist. You seem to be afraid of your own conclusions if you let yourself become educated about what science actually says about anything.

One not need to turn Christianity into a type of cult, or Santa for adults to prove you have faith. The universe is what it is and works the way it works. Why does pretending otherwise make otherwise make someone a good Christian.

no, i know far more about science that you think, far more. i observe the arguments here reasearch them.

please dont insult me or those that believe in the Lord.
you want us to compromise and say God doenst exist and that science (naturalism point of view) is the total explanation?

i guess all those history channel and discovery channels things on Christ were wrong then, they werent experts in the fields of what there were talking about

oh yeah that's right a scientist is only a scientist if he agree with evolution and the naturalist world view. i'll pass that along to the few that i know that dont believe in evolution and work in the feild
i guess that nuclear power plant i live near is trouble because its inspected by creationist nuclear engineer.

jasoncran said:
no, i know far more about science that you think, far more. i observe the arguments here reasearch them

If you haven't taken a science class you don't know science. Reading pseudo science blogs does not count as research or science. Going to an accredited University and taking some classes in science does.

http://www.academicearth.org/

I have posted this link several times. If you want to be educated get educated if you want to stay superstitions stay that way.

happyjoy said:
jasoncran said:
no, i know far more about science that you think, far more. i observe the arguments here reasearch them

If you haven't taken a science class you don't know science. Reading pseudo science blogs does not count as research or science. Going to an accredited University and taking some classes in science does.

http://www.academicearth.org/

I have posted this link several times. If you want to be educated get educated if you want to stay superstitions stay that way.
does the anthropology 101 i took count to you oh wise one. should i post my credits for you!!!!!!
i have college and took the more acedemic classes. when i could.

you have failed to really answer my question, is it superstitious to believe in the bible? the resurecction?

i used to think the bible was full of it a couple of months before my salvation. i went to church one day and out of boredom i read the bible while on break at work.

so now you know where i come from.

now then some atheistic scientist are downright hostile to us(christians). unless you can show me that hitchens and dawkins arent. which will be hard to do so.

happyjoy said:
So Biologist, Physicists, Geologist, and Chemists, are working for the Devil, .

No, not all of them. Just the ones who are against what God clearly states, in the bible.
The bible is all facts.

Back