Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Poll: earring(s) for one, or both, his ears?

POLL: Earring for one, or both, his ears?

• I would be content if e.g., my teen son, wore an earring in ONE ear only

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I would be content if e.g., my teen son, wore earrings in BOTH ears

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I would NOT be content if e.g., my teen son, wore earrings in either ear

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have to agree with Igot, tattoos are permanent unless you have a great income and can afford surgery to remove it. And it is a form of mutilating the body so I would put my foot down if they are under my roof. Now with that said, my son was 16 I allowed him to have an earing and thought that was ok, then one day he came home with a tat, no way to remove it, I was so upset and disappointed but what was I to do? My mother told me it is my fault for allowing him to get an earing in the first place.

He argues with me that I have many tattoos so what is the big deal, and he is rite, I do have many, and my first one was when I was 13, against my parents of course but I did it all the same.

So this may suggest that my parenting skills are far from any to use as an example. Now of course all my children never had until late in life, a Christian father, so that has a lot to do with the moral value I set at as parent. It sure (I sure) would be different today.

I have to agree with Igot, tattoos are permanent unless you have a great income and can afford surgery to remove it. And it is a form of mutilating the body so I would put my foot down if they are under my roof. Now with that said, my son was 16 I allowed him to have an earing and thought that was ok, then one day he came home with a tat, no way to remove it, I was so upset and disappointed but what was I to do? My mother told me it is my fault for allowing him to get an earing in the first place.

He argues with me that I have many tattoos so what is the big deal, and he is rite, I do have many, and my first one was when I was 13, against my parents of course but I did it all the same.

So this may suggest that my parenting skills are far from any to use as an example. Now of course all my children never had until late in life, a Christian father, so that has a lot to do with the moral value I set at as parent. It sure (I sure) would be different today.

Danny63:

Thanks.

Well, I would say that earrings are earrings, and tattoos are tattoos.

Almost like, apples and oranges.

Applied to young women, who get their first tattoo usually at 18 - if they do -, how many people would say: Oh, it's the fault of the parent because she was allowed to double pierce her ears in her teens...

It's not a line of argument that people would use with girls. Fact is, girls do often double pierce their ears in their teens and they do often get a tattoo at 18.

Why not admit it's the same with boys? both are events that happen, but earrings are earrings and tattoos are tattoos. Separate events. Like they are for a girl.

(If this makes sense?)

Anyway, the thing is to keep praying that the Lord will change their hearts from the inside.

Danny63:

Thanks.

Well, I would say that earrings are earrings, and tattoos are tattoos.

Almost like, apples and oranges.

Applied to young women, who get their first tattoo usually at 18 - if they do -, how many people would say: Oh, it's the fault of the parent because she was allowed to double pierce her ears in her teens...

It's not a line of argument that people would use with girls. Fact is, girls do often double pierce their ears in their teens and they do often get a tattoo at 18.

Why not admit it's the same with boys? both are events that happen, but earrings are earrings and tattoos are tattoos. Separate events. Like they are for a girl.

(If this makes sense?)

Anyway, the thing is to keep praying that the Lord will change their hearts from the inside.

I agree we need to pray that God will change their hearts. It is the same with boys I agree. Earing's and Tattoos ar two separate things two separate issues.

I agree we need to pray that God will change their hearts. It is the same with boys I agree. Earing's and Tattoos ar two separate things two separate issues.

Danny63:

You see, years ago, girls only tended to get earrings. Years ago, young men only tended to get tattoos.

Nowadays, boys get earrings, too. And it goes without saying that young women get tattoos. (Huuuge numbers of them, in fact.)

Earrings and tattoos tend to be quite separate stages of young women's and young men's development.

But nowadays both earrings and tattoos are integral areas of expression for both young men and young women. To a considerable extent, it's the same for both.

In fact, for young men earrings can be a quite masculine addition: often, for a young man putting in the earrings can even be part of a 'tough guy' image, that increases his confidence (if he is naturally shy, for example).

For young women, in turn, some tattoo designs which might years ago have been regarded as more masculine in nature are often blended with a feminine element. (I saw this article exerpt: "...

• The soft and feminine women who want a skull tattoo, opt for skull tattoos which are combined with flowers. The flowers can range from rose to hibiscus to lilies, etc. ..
  • You may opt for skull tattoos surrounded by vines and thorns as well. They mean that you are soft and gentle when required and as hard as a nut to crack at other times. ..." From buzzle.)
(If this makes sense. I hope it does.)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back