Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Photographs Post Your Face Thread

Hi Gabriel!

Thanks for posting the picture :D It's always nice to put a face with a name.

I'm sorry to hear about the fears of your brother and the problems it's causing. I may be naive, but as Christians, I've always believed that being In Christ, we are free. Part of that freedom, I believe, is the ability to look at others with compassion and hope with the ability to correctly discern truth wherever it's present, and not fear.

Fear when used destructively is a terrible master, yet it unites so many within it's clutches...

Hi Gabriel~

It is helpful to have a face to go with peoples words isn't it? It's sort of adds a personal touch to each of one. Well, your niece is a beauty ... and I will pray for your brother to break on the Rock of Christ. We know the Lord would desire that she be raised to love and obey Him. :smt049 bonnie

Hi Gabriel,

Nice to see you...beautiful baby. I hope the Lord works in the situation on your behalf, and I am inspired by your willingness to forsake all for our Lord. The Lord bless you.

Hubby, Me and our daughter Hailey, at 6 weeks, at her dedication. (My brother took the pic, he's not very good, so there's red eye :sad

i couldn't work out how to make it any bigger :sad

Ahhhhh............

Now THAt is a beautiful pic! :shades

Such a lovely little lady... may Christ be her Lord very eary, and may He abundantly supply her heart with His grace and the knowledge of Him. :amen

That's a really nice Picture :)

Thanks for sharing!

How old is your daughter now? Wow do they grow fast! My will turn 10 in a couple of months and I just can't believe how fast he's growing :crying Seems like just yesterday I was rocking him back to sleep at 2 am. I actually miss that :yes

bubba is now 12.5 weeks... three months already!! :sad she is growing up soo fast she'll be spreading her beautiful wings and flying away down the isle away from us before we know it :crying i just want to keep her for always.... (truly though i will be proud to see her grow up, i just wish it didn't go so quick!)

here is a much better pic of the three of us.......

CopyofHailey912.jpg

Me, (Amy), Hubby (Liam)

Bubba (Hailey)

What a gorgeous family Amy! :yes

Thank you for sharing this lovely pic, it is a reminder to me, of the goodness and wonder of family that our Lord has given us. How I praise Him for my precious children! Such a true spark of heaven in this darkening world~ because of it's interdependence and fidelity. :love2

bonnie

From the Welcome New Member thread, "Look what the cat drug in". The message would not stay posted in that thread so here it is:

• Here is why I now wear a patch. I was in a motorcycle accident back on Friday the 13th, August 2004. I had a choice of hitting a vehicle head on that came into my lane of traffic or lay it down out of the lane of traffic. I believe the vehicle pulled in my lane of traffic to pass in a no passing zone on a bridge. There were no witnesses, and I do not remember, but based on my 30 years of motorcycle riding, post accident inspection of motorcycle being in good condition, the skid marks, where I hit the guard rail, etc. I feel that my take on the matter is probably what happened.

After laying it down, the motorcycle hit the guardrail, catapulted me off in the direction of travel; and after traveling 98 feet in the air, I landed face first into the guardrail on the bridge. Was I wearing a helmet? No, I proved you do not need one! LOL

I was taken to the trauma hospital in Denver, CO where I was operated on for 16 hours. The head nurse of the critical care unit had told family members that it was doubtful that I would make it out of the operating room alive. The facial maxillary surgeon told me last summer in a visit with him, that I was a miracle, and that less than 1% would have survived my injuries. He said that when he first saw me, a nurse was holding my brains in her hands next to my forehead waiting for a doctor.

There were thousands of people praying for me across the country. I have had folks from 14 states tell me that they had their churches praying for me. My family was told that even though I survived the injuries, I would probably be a vegetable the rest of my life and blind in both eyes. I am not a vegetable, and I am only blind in one eye because of retina damage.

Below are some pictures of the accident and my injuries:

Laid the Yamaha 1600 RoadStar down and hit the guardrail
    GuardrailPic2.jpg

Was thrown 98 feet and hit the guard rail post face first
    GuardrailPic1.jpg

Five Computer Aided X-Ray Pictures of my Facial Fractures
    fullface3.jpg

fullface1-1.jpg

fullface2.jpg

fullface2.jpg

fullface5.jpg

OW!

So Mr. Solo... you no longer ride a motorcycle... and you tell every young person who asks you to WEAR A HELMET... YES? :yes :yes :yes

Golly, the Lord must have kept you around for a purpose, ya think? :thumb

In Christ ...bonnie

sheshisown said:
OW!

So Mr. Solo... you no longer ride a motorcycle... and you tell every young person who asks you to WEAR A HELMET... YES? :yes :yes :yes

Golly, the Lord must have kept you around for a purpose, ya think? :thumb

In Christ ...bonnie
I do not ride a motorcycle any longer since I can't see out of my left eye, but it isn't because of fear, it is because of my responsibilities or raising my sons. When that job is over, who knows?!! :chin

Also, I had just taken my helmet off after getting off of I25 through Denver after riding from Fort Collins. Helmet or not, it was a nasty accident; but you do know that I proved that a helmet had nothing to do with survival, but the will of God, and the time that you are to go home! :D

Also, maybe God didn't want me up there like some of the "Christian Forums" I have visited! :shades :)

OW OW OW OW OW OW!!!!

I was shivering and shocked as i read your post and saw your pics... Praise God you are still here!!!

What a wonderful testimony.

Amielou said:
OW OW OW OW OW OW!!!!

I was shivering and shocked as i read your post and saw your pics... Praise God you are still here!!!

What a wonderful testimony.
Amielou,

They fixed me us so good, it is hard to tell how extensive the injuries really were; therefore, I requested the photos from the hospital and Dr. so I could give my testimony here and there.

Thanks for the note!

Back