Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Post Your Face Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
l_5a1e76650fe2430fbb0ac25ba9870013.jpg

This is me. < :screwloose

Solo said:
From the Welcome New Member thread, "Look what the cat drug in". The message would not stay posted in that thread so here it is:

• Here is why I now wear a patch. I was in a motorcycle accident back on Friday the 13th, August 2004. I had a choice of hitting a vehicle head on that came into my lane of traffic or lay it down out of the lane of traffic. I believe the vehicle pulled in my lane of traffic to pass in a no passing zone on a bridge. There were no witnesses, and I do not remember, but based on my 30 years of motorcycle riding, post accident inspection of motorcycle being in good condition, the skid marks, where I hit the guard rail, etc. I feel that my take on the matter is probably what happened.

After laying it down, the motorcycle hit the guardrail, catapulted me off in the direction of travel; and after traveling 98 feet in the air, I landed face first into the guardrail on the bridge. Was I wearing a helmet? No, I proved you do not need one! LOL

I was taken to the trauma hospital in Denver, CO where I was operated on for 16 hours. The head nurse of the critical care unit had told family members that it was doubtful that I would make it out of the operating room alive. The facial maxillary surgeon told me last summer in a visit with him, that I was a miracle, and that less than 1% would have survived my injuries. He said that when he first saw me, a nurse was holding my brains in her hands next to my forehead waiting for a doctor.

There were thousands of people praying for me across the country. I have had folks from 14 states tell me that they had their churches praying for me. My family was told that even though I survived the injuries, I would probably be a vegetable the rest of my life and blind in both eyes. I am not a vegetable, and I am only blind in one eye because of retina damage.

Below are some pictures of the accident and my injuries:

Laid the Yamaha 1600 RoadStar down and hit the guardrail
    GuardrailPic2.jpg

Was thrown 98 feet and hit the guard rail post face first
    GuardrailPic1.jpg

Five Computer Aided X-Ray Pictures of my Facial Fractures
    fullface3.jpg

fullface1-1.jpg

fullface2.jpg

fullface2.jpg

fullface5.jpg

Man bless your heart! You are lucky to be here! And how horrible - it being Friday the 13th! Very scary. From now on, on Friday the 13ths, don't leave the house (that's what I'd do if I were you).
God Bless you brother! :wave

well, here's me in my serving attire

me.jpg

I should really get a newer photo. Since then I have got a larger cassock

Solo, your pictures touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I will be showing them to my oldest son if that is okay. He wants a motorcycle. I love riding on the back of motorcycles and I am ashamed to admit that I rarely wear a helmet. I will never do that again. May the Lord bless you in your ministry of saving people's lives.

There are a lot of good looking people on this forum :) and some beautiful families. And Solo, I admit I didn't read much of your post but I'm just glad you were able to be with us to post those pictures.

these are from facebook so I don't know if you'll be able to see them or not.. If not I'm sorry you didn't get to see how amazing these sunglasses are.
3236_72291444314_549229314_1713984_2708153_n.jpg

and I just noticed by buddy's icthus peeked out in this one.
3236_72277034314_549229314_1713678_5142110_n.jpg

animal said:
There are a lot of good looking people on this forum :) and some beautiful families. And Solo, I admit I didn't read much of your post but I'm just glad you were able to be with us to post those pictures.

these are from facebook so I don't know if you'll be able to see them or not.. If not I'm sorry you didn't get to see how amazing these sunglasses are.

Thanks, and glad to be here.....................if I can't be with the Lord!

Back before I was born again, my nickname was "Animal". :shades

Solo

Wow Solo! Just..wow, glad God kept you around too!!

Me and my kids, Noah and Hannah.

IMG022.jpg

What do you look like?

Please post your pic so we all can see who we're chatting with. :)

This is what I look like, most of the time. :biggrin

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

SmilingFaces2.jpg

Re: What do you look like?

Sorry no picture from me. Since I use the same username here as I do when debating with Muslims, the death threats I get on occasion make me a little wary. Nice pics though everyone else!

If anyone is really interested, send me a PM and I'd be happy to send privately :)

Sanitarium said:
Sorry no picture from me. Since I use the same username here as I do when debating with Muslims, the death threats I get on occasion make me a little wary.

:yes I know how you feel, although (unlike yourself) I've never had the pleasure of having a flash movie made of me burning in hell. :lol

Dave Slayer said:
Please post your pic so we all can see who we're chatting with. :)

This is what I look like, most of the time. :biggrin

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

SmilingFaces2.jpg
:lol :lol

He's just like his posts! Amazing... :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back