Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] pray for my family+me

I really desire a closer relationship with my parents. They've been through a lot, largely because of me, and I've only recently been transformed by Jesus, so...yeah. Also, its rough, having an adult (I'm 31) offspring at home because the offspring can't support himself. I do get disability, which is a huge blessing, but...you see what I'm saying. I go to school online and I"m doing what I can, but...its hard. Reality, bites.

I just talked to my dad and there seemed to be some (understandable) distance there. I guess I can't just wake up from all this and find my parents overjoyed to have me here, lol. I'm saved and I don't think they are. My dad is probably closer to getting saved than my mom, but...basically, they pop in on a megachurch now and then. That church is OSAS, which is a separate issue, but...basically, this is why I've avoided that church: my dad said a prayer and then he's supposed to be saved, no matter what, but...he doesn't read The Bible and he doesn't seem to have a Christian outlook on life. That said...he's a very good man and he's done many wonderful things for me that I certainly didn't deserve.

I'm hoping that we can become close and have a good relationship. I'd like to be autonomous enough to eventually live on my own and then be a help to them when they get older.

I am too sensitive, even now, so of course I may be over-thinking things. Still...please pray about this for me. I wasn't anything special, there was really nothing "good" about me, no redeeming qualities, until Jesus saved and changed me, and now...well, I don't know what to do. I have good in me because of Christ, and I can actually do things because of Jesus, and I'm trying to make good of all that, but my parents are distant. Please pray :)

Love them, love them, love them. Go with them to church and support them, do all you can to ease their burdens at home, and trust God to deliver them in the increase He desires to see in them. Don't be surprised to see great things occurring when you quit worrying, and start observing. You spoke of a prayer, and really do not know the depths of the calling of God put upon your father at that very moment. God is faithful and we read in:
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?
Blessings in Christ Jesus, and I will be praying for them.

yeah, I'm too harsh. Its that Teen Challenge thing...OSAS doesn't fly w/ those people :) .

I love my dad. I love my mother. For a long time, I was filled with such anger and such that I didn't love anybody or anything...I simply couldn't.

Now, I can--thanks to Christ Jesus. And I'm constantly praying for my parents. For their health, for their salvation, for their careers, etc. That's Jesus working in my life, and I think He's working in their lives, because...

...their marriage seems to have improved, they're warming up to me, their careers have prospered, and they're more...content, I guess (?) . My dad wants to go to church sometimes, I think, so I'll go with him to the OSAS megachurch. 5,000 people (in this one location) can't be wrong, right?

They've been so good to me, despite everything. I pray that Jesus saves them as surely as He did me. I think...its often a gradual thing, isn't it? Jesus has been and is working in their lives, I just don't see it, that's all.

As always...thanks, Eugene.

Back