Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] prayer for stress

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

tabitha

Hello. I was in the same block as a bank shooting the day it happened and we werent allowed to leave store til suspects found. They were shot dead outside the bank. 8 officers went to hospital from that shooting. Everyone in the area is okay but most of us have stress disorders now from that and i dont sleep at night. I would be so thankful for prayer. Whenever I try to sleep I still hear the gunshots from that day.

Hi tabitha and welcome to CF :wave2

That would be very traumatic and something that just doesn't go away overnight. I would suggest you go get Godly face to face counseling with a Christian counselor or maybe your Pastor if he is a good counselor. I'm sorry you had to go through this and you are in my prayers :pray

hi :)

not going to pretend to "feel your pain" or anything...

but remember: Jesus is God made Flesh, and He understands you (and everybody else, too) better than you know yourself, better than any human being will ever know you. He even knows every nook and cranny in your heart of hearts, that region of the human psyche that is un-reachable, even by professionals.

Thanks for coming here with your prayer request and giving the background. Its...crazy, to me...these nightmare incidents that pop up in modern society. And...crazier, still? How soon everybody else seems to move on. School shooting, here locally, maybe 5 years ago. All but forgotten. Local politico is making protecting everybody's gun rights his main aim, and I don't even see the bumper stickers from not too long ago. (post)modern culture...often heartless, cold and cruel.

Praying for you, of course. Keep us posted, if you feel like it. :)

Back