Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers about my childhood abuse.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Norman my brother

Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Thank you for your friendship and your fellowship

Norman, I need and want new friends in my neighborhood that I can enjoy. Would you pray for that for me. All my old friends got strange in their old age, so they have drifted away, or I have refused to be with them anymore.

General neuropathy pain is a beast of an animal to deal with.

Just going through your OP brother. You have shared some things from your own life that speak into many lives - and not least the anxiety and fear issue with its sense of a loss of control as a trigger.

Then there is the neuropathy issue irising out of the Sciatica. I. chose to quote that first.

May I ask you brother - given that you clearly know the difference between neuropathic (Somatic) effects and the emotional predication arising from physical pain that is beyond reach - have you given any thought to the relationship between the autonomic nervous system (sympathetic and para sympathetic) with the adrenaline gland and the release of Cortisol into the body through the blood stream?

What I mean brother, is do you understand what the physiological and neurophysiological link may be between emotional stress and a Sciatic flareup?

Why would I ask this of you given that you have shared that this is the first time you have spoken of your childhood (emotional pain) giving rise to anxiety (psychophysiological) and fear (physiological - or experiential fear) and neurophysiological (autonomic nervous system)?

It sounds somewhat complicated but perhaps a simple way to understand what I am asking is to consider the order in which you passed into this current episode of the Sciatica. Which came first the chicken (fear) or the egg (Sciatica)? And I don't mean fear of Sciatica. I mean physiological fear in your body. A need to react?

I have noted that you have forgiven your parents (you never held them responsible). That physical fear is juxtaposed with anxiety and that Sciatica is massively increased when in that mind.

I also note the wonderful responses you have received - such a blessing to read them. They are all grounded in a faith meaning and how wonderful is that, brother? Praise God for His mercy and love. Yet as you have said, this time you are taken by surprise and a little debilitated to hold onto a faith position (other than the Lord of course) so as to be delivered of your weaknesses. The Lord bless you dear brother.

Norman ... Thank Goodness you were here to attend to Seasoned by Grace's prayer needs.
I slept in...I think I crashed from all the excitement of the last weeks.
I will be on top of this for the rest of the day... I am planning on spending the day in Worship...
Seasoned by Grace... I will bring you with me in spirit... It's a place of deep healing and love.
Adoration my sister
You are such a beautiful example of loving God and cherishing Him, and worshiping our creator.
I feel shamed by your deep love and complete dependence on Him, which I haven't had, but can in the future.
The abuse made me blind to so much, but sin does that too, and I find it amazing that instead of God wanting to punish, He wants to show us His love. I'm amazed.

Thank you so much for your example of love and devotion for our creator.

To Tessa, Adoration and Norman, and all others that pray for me.
I had to stop one medication, and the second I need to stop also. Trying different meds.
So far nothing works and just drives me crazy.
Maybe nothing is meant to work as God is in this with me, and has His own plan.

All your prayers have been incredible and so much appreciated.
I guess I'm in this for the long run, as God works out His plan in my life.

Love you all and God bless.
Seasoned by Grace

To Tessa, Adoration and Norman, and all others that pray for me.
I had to stop one medication, and the second I need to stop also. Trying different meds.

Seasoned by Grace
Resting in the arms of our Father...not a second escapes His notice!

Thank you Norman
My life seems so out of control right now. I sure do look forward to all your comments and support
I'm not sure I could even describe what my life is like right now.
Thought my faith was stronger than this.
I feel like such a baby right now, trying to make sense of all this.
I've never had to depend on Jesus like this before, and not sure I know how.
Maybe I should just let go of trying to make this work and let Jesus be in control. Not sure I even know how to do that.
All this hit me so hard and fast, some days I'm just terrified. First time in all my years, and I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited:
Thank you Norman
My life seems so out of control right now. I sure do look forward to all your comments and support
I'm not sure I could even describe what my life is like right now.
Thought my faith was stronger than this.
I feel like such a baby right now, trying to make sense of all this.
Maybe I should just let go of trying to make this work and let Jesus be in control. Not sure I even know how to do that.
All this hit me so hard and fast, some days I'm just terrified. First time in all my years, and I'm not sure what to do.
I've been in this place since last winter. I understand exactly where you're at. Trust the Lord and allow it, whatever it is, to happen. It's at this point, like right now, that the grief comes like a flood. Don't fight it...just ride it out. It will pass.
Maybe this song can help.

Efexor XL 75 mg prolonged-release capsules, hard

Speak to your Doctor.
Maybe I should just let go of trying to make this work and let Jesus be in control. Not sure iIeven know how to do that

It isn't possible to depend on Jesus until you arrest the persistent anxiety for a while. Forgive me for being so plain but there is a way to explain your pathology and learned behaviour (operant conditioning) grounded in a true faith meaning - but it is not generally possible for prolonged anxiety to be addressed spiritually unless the neurological chemistry (serotonin and norepinephrine) re-uptake is arrested for a while. The Lord can of course work a miracle. But it seems more likely that the learned process of beginning to understand why generalised anxiety is so persistent and why it can affect a person for their entire life will give you a means of properly understanding the emotional triggers that produce the physical reactions of fear that can then inflame other conditions - And Sciatica is just such a condition. I wrote about that previously and please rest assured - I am not giving you medical advise - I studied psychology including clinical applications. I am simply suggesting that you speak with your GP and expressly cite what I have said.

I endured a spectacularly abusive childhood and was special needs educated because the doctors didn't understand what anxiety was in the early 1960's. I was renewed in my mind in 1984 as an effect of being born again and it was this express issue that came to dominate my mind when I was in my late 30's. Fortunately I had studied psychology at University and so the Lord gave me a way to connect things up properly. It was a German doctor who whilst visiting me in bed nearly in mental breakdown due to my mothers death who simply asked what I was afraid of that made the connection. No one should apply spiritual meanings to physical things - but physical things can damage our spiritual walk.

When you are fully recovered then you will be able to bear witness to many others who are in this effect which you now have and will thank God for what he has done in your life at your age. That is my entire motive for writing this publicly. And the difficulty with saying it is that it may seem to be at odds with what other brethren say. I know from nearly 40 years of Ministry that most brethren do not ride it out if by that we mean fully recover. For the last 23 years I haven't experienced a single instance of psychological distress or fear or anxiety. Satan needs to hear that we are not taking confidence in our bodies - rather in the Lord - but he needs to see that our bodies are not our master before he stops attacking us by that means.

Last edited:
I would suggest reading this first. Personally, my experience with this class of drugs ruined my life.

Never the less brother - unless you can suggest a better solution than to ride it out - there is a matter of neuropathological issues that are formed in our childhoods and the Lord either heals - or else He gives us a way to manage it until we can learn why we are anxious and afraid. Then we can poke the devil in the eye and shout Amen when we find that we have at least one true way of understanding Romans 6:6. If you want to begin to understand why these things matter beyond simply showing compassion then read Galatians 5:20-21. Then ask yourself why witchcraft or sorcery is a fruit of the flesh. You don't need a devil when you have a chemical factory working in your weakened body to make you a devil. Neither do we need to be afraid of anything. Shalom brother.

To @Tessa, @Adoration and @Norman, and all others that pray for me.

Seasoned by Grace
Just reading this now... It's Wednesday morning... November 17th...
I am still praying...
His eye is on the sparrow.

It takes time for some medications to take effect and start working... with the exception of pain meds...
which usually kick in within half hour or so. But... you probably knew that already.

Just reading this now... It's Wednesday morning... November 17th...
I am still praying...
His eye is on the sparrow.

It takes time for some medications to take effect and start working... with the exception of pain meds...
which usually kick in within half hour or so. But... you probably knew that already.

Hi there Abby Adoration . I seem to be in a bad way.
My doctors don't seem to know how to help me, and the mediacation I'm on creates severe painful withdrawels, that make you crazy and can be life threating. It can take months to taper off of.
So pray for me.
God will make a way where there seems to be no way, He works in ways we cannot see, God will make a way.

Thank you so much Marianne333.
God will have to step in and do something miraculous now.
I'm at the end of my rope.
Mark 5:26 kjv
26. And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

May the hem of the Jesus garment be Available for us all. How, when, where I do not know. If not that open the eyes of our understanding.

eddif

My Dear brother in Christ Seasoned by Grace... the below was part of my daily devotional and it made me think of you. Please do NOT give up... Still praying for you... You are in my thoughts.

I am the Gardener, and you are My garden. Even when you are enduring sun-scorching trials I can satisfy your needs and keep you well watered, like a spring whose waters never fail. to receive My unfailing provisions, you need to trust Me and thank Me---no matter what.

Back