Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers about my childhood abuse.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Just going through your OP brother. You have shared some things from your own life that speak into many lives - and not least the anxiety and fear issue with its sense of a loss of control as a trigger.

Then there is the neuropathy issue irising out of the Sciatica. I. chose to quote that first.

May I ask you brother - given that you clearly know the difference between neuropathic (Somatic) effects and the emotional predication arising from physical pain that is beyond reach - have you given any thought to the relationship between the autonomic nervous system (sympathetic and para sympathetic) with the adrenaline gland and the release of Cortisol into the body through the blood stream?

What I mean brother, is do you understand what the physiological and neurophysiological link may be between emotional stress and a Sciatic flareup?

Why would I ask this of you given that you have shared that this is the first time you have spoken of your childhood (emotional pain) giving rise to anxiety (psychophysiological) and fear (physiological - or experiential fear) and neurophysiological (autonomic nervous system)?

It sounds somewhat complicated but perhaps a simple way to understand what I am asking is to consider the order in which you passed into this current episode of the Sciatica. Which came first the chicken (fear) or the egg (Sciatica)? And I don't mean fear of Sciatica. I mean physiological fear in your body. A need to react?

I have noted that you have forgiven your parents (you never held them responsible). That physical fear is juxtaposed with anxiety and that Sciatica is massively increased when in that mind.

I also note the wonderful responses you have received - such a blessing to read them. They are all grounded in a faith meaning and how wonderful is that, brother? Praise God for His mercy and love. Yet as you have said, this time you are taken by surprise and a little debilitated to hold onto a faith position (other than the Lord of course) so as to be delivered of your weaknesses. The Lord bless you dear brother.
Are we;
tripartite?
Tripartition?

Might as well look at it all?

Of course for a Mississippi redneck the subject is a little deep.

Baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

eddif

Are we;
tripartite?
Tripartition?

Might as well look at it all?

Of course for a Mississippi redneck the subject is a little deep.

Baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

eddif

I will post a thread to try and share what I know based on linguistic arguments on the issue of the composition of man. Of course one needs to understand as a born again believer - the issue is not tripartite or bipartite and neither truly is it tripartition. The issue is salvation.

The article you have posted is by a Baptist Minister and is dated to around the first decade of the 20th century. It was published in London. I could show you a classical linguistic encyclopaedia published in the US that make the argument in that article look like a children's sweet party where boy is the Brigade commander and girl is a vexed Charlotte. Of course in the end they fall in love and have babies that to all seeming sight are a single non partite wonder.

McCaig's argument is to press for an essential bipartite position yet with a schism to another meaning that in truth denies any portion of man at all.

It was the demand of Calvinism that required good Calvinist pastors to refuse a tripartite position at various points in Baptist history - and at that time not surprising when you think that the Pentecostal movement rose like a fire across the US and the UK around that time. Any mention of the spirit as distinct from the soul of a man who chooses to embrace Christ to the Calvinist is a fiery blanket of charm that needs to be embraced with care. And just to say it brother, I am a Reformed Calvinist of the Knoxian School. A Hebridean in lineage and an unspeakable charm when not roused in anger against men who would harm the flocks. In fact I am so keen to settle the matter of divisions in the churches that I purchases the 14 Stations of the Cross from a Roman Catholic Monsieur in the Vatican (a friend) and put them all around the chapel I minister in just to remind the vexed Calvinists that if they dare to begin arguing against evident truth of God then I will require them to do penance at each station. That thought of blasphemy for the Calvinist is worse than a mere fact of the baptism and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I am not a Cessationist - and they know it.

So if you wish I can post a few details and then explain why the distinction is not as necessary as one would believe when it coms to pastoral ministry and essential to the prophetic ministry.

Nothing wrong with being a red neck brother. My son is a red neck just like his father. In Scotland we keep our longhorns on ranches and not prissy farms. 😀 I will ping you in when I begin the OP, brother.

Rhomphaeam

I will post a thread to try and share what I know based on linguistic arguments on the issue of the composition of man. Of course one needs to understand as a born again believer - the issue is not tripartite or bipartite and neither truly is it tripartition. The issue is salvation.

The article you have posted is by a Baptist Minister and is dated to around the first decade of the 20th century. It was published in London. I could show you a classical linguistic encyclopaedia published in the US that make the argument in that article look like a children's sweet party where boy is the Brigade commander and girl is a vexed Charlotte. Of course in the end they fall in love and have babies that to all seeming sight are a single non partite wonder.

McCaig's argument is to press for an essential bipartite position yet with a schism to another meaning that in truth denies any portion of man at all.

It was the demand of Calvinism that required good Calvinist pastors to refuse a tripartite position at various points in Baptist history - and at that time not surprising when you think that the Pentecostal movement rose like a fire across the US and the UK around that time. Any mention of the spirit as distinct from the soul of a man who chooses to embrace Christ to the Calvinist is a fiery blanket of charm that needs to be embraced with care. And just to say it brother, I am a Reformed Calvinist of the Knoxian School. A Hebridean in lineage and an unspeakable charm when not roused in anger against men who would harm the flocks. In fact I am so keen to settle the matter of divisions in the churches that I purchases the 14 Stations of the Cross from a Roman Catholic Monsieur in the Vatican (a friend) and put them all around the chapel I minister in just to remind the vexed Calvinists that if they dare to begin arguing against evident truth of God then I will require them to do penance at each station. That thought of blasphemy for the Calvinist is worse than a mere fact of the baptism and the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I am not a Cessationist - and they know it.

So if you wish I can post a few details and then explain why the distinction is not as necessary as one would believe when it coms to pastoral ministry and essential to the prophetic ministry.

Nothing wrong with being a red neck brother. My son is a red neck just like his father. In Scotland we keep our longhorns on ranches and not prissy farms. 😀 I will ping you in when I begin the OP, brother.

Rhomphaeam
When I read about sympathetic and parasympathetic I had a pretty good idea about where you were from.

eddif

Adoration my dear sister.
I am so tired from trying to keeping up the good fight. I tryed tody but i am spent.
It's up to God if I continue the good fIght.I have tried with all I have, and have no more.
Those are some heavy words SBG. I hope you recover soon.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, what scriptural discoveries/thoughts/truths would you share that few if any others would be able to do in your place?

Those are some heavy words SBG. I hope you recover soon.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, what scriptural discoveries/thoughts/truths would you share that few if any others would be able to do in your place?
1at Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast,
I have a song I sing called "God is in control".

If you don't heare from me again, I have gone home to be with thr Lord. :wave
I have run out of options for trying. I thrown myself at the feet of Christ.
When we run out of options we become like David.
I have tried everything.I have nothing left to try. God bless you all.

Last edited:
1at Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast,

If you don't heae from me again, I have gone home to be with thr Lord. :wave
And I will be envious, my brother in Messiah!

If you don't heare from me again, I have gone home to be with thr Lord.

I'm hoping you have much left to share, so keep slugging it out. I'll be checking in this weekend (God willing) , so see if you and Father can work that out as well.

Adoration my dear sister.
I am so tired from trying to keeping up the good fight. I tryed tody but i am spent.
It's up to God if I continue the good fIght.I have tried with all I have, and have no more.
Philippians 2:13 kjv
13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

We just can not take credit for some things.

eddif

Philippians 2:13 kjv
13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

We just can not take credit for some things.

eddif

eddif my brother.
I have come to the end. At my age I have hit the wall.
God has to be the one who saves me now. I have nothing left. God help me.
I love you all.

Seasoned by Grace

Last edited:
I was standing on a street in the New Jerusalem
I was looking into Jesus' eyes, as He was looking into mine
He's taller than I though He'd be, He was looking down at me
In His eyes I could see His love for me as He was smiling at me!

eddif my brother.
I have come to the end. At my age I have hit the wall.
God has to be the one who saves me now. I have nothing left. God help me.
I love you all.

Seasoned by Grace
1 Peter 2:24 kjv
24. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Father over 2000 years ago your Son Jesus accomplished our healing. By the stripes of a whip. We can remind ourselves of the fact, but we cry out for the application of the healing that is applied by the quickening spirit that Jesus became.

eddif

OH yes... we LOVE YOU Seasoned by Grace... I have been in constant daily prayer for you.... You are sitting right in my heart... and I am also asking Father for a breakthrough and miracle for you.

Please know that you are being thought of and in continued prayer.

Love in Christ.... Addy

iu

Back