Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for house

Prayers continue for you and your situation, Kathi.

It's time to place an ad in the paper, seeking to rent. State your requirements and list your low to medium price range of what you can afford. (You can always negotiate.) Get a low cost, pay-monthly cell phone so you can use that number in the newspaper ad.
First of all their are no home rentals or ads on our newspapers.No one would see it.I was thinking of putting a post on Craigslist but a friend of my told me not to.He said it might be a disaster.You know it is almost too quiet.That is what is weird. :chin

The strange thing is about 10 realty companies are looking for me and about 5 people who have rentals and know of people who have rentals.

so...are you sure the situation is that dire? I'm praying for you and hoping for God's will for your life...wow.

I just can't imagine it. Sorry about your situation. Cheap-ish real estate is plentiful here. I just can't imagine.

It is a Blessing that you own a home.
it has its cons. but I can do with it as I please within reasonable legal limits. today I cut a power pole in half. my wife had made steps from those and will bury them soon. when this is done. I may take some pics of it and post. she is complemented for her yard work all the time.

You know, when my parents were looking for a rental property to invest in, things were quiet for a while. Real estate agents kept coming up with modestly priced stuff in crime-ridden neighborhoods, that kinda deal. They lost out on a foreclosure to somebody who could pay cash. Anyway...

...one day, I found a place, which they now own (although I don't live there anymore--its being rented out. Long story...).

Point is, please don't give up just yet. I know its easy for me to be all "Don't give up!," but I'm trying to encourage you, which is what you need :) Also, it happens sometimes...things look bleak, then they're not so bleak. Your frustration is perfectly understandable.

it has its cons. but I can do with what as I please within reasonable legal limits. today I cut a power pole in half. my wife had made steps from those and will bury them soon. when this is down. I may take some pics of it and post. she is complemented for her yard work all the time.
Well yes,you do not have someone telling you "Sorry,we are moving back in " or "Sorry we are selling the home".

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry :sad
Didn't know that was a factor.
I will pray continually.
God will take care of you. I believe.

Well yes,you do not have someone telling you "Sorry,we are moving back in " or "Sorry we are selling the home".
I know youa are in need , but with each season there are thing to rejoice over. if you had sewage coming back into your house. you couldn't just stop paying the bank and go fix it. unlike renting where if they don't want to fix it , you can refuse to pay until they do. or take that from the rent and fix it. I had that sewage thing happen and it cost 200 bucks to flush the septic tank. when they say solids they mean it. it look like lards of grease that were nasty and big. I figured it would be something else.

I know youa are in need , but with each season there are thing to rejoice over. if you had sewage coming back into your house. you couldn't just stop paying the bank and go fix it. unlike renting where if they don't want to fix it , you can refuse to pay until they do. or take that from the rent and fix it. I had that sewage thing happen and it cost 200 bucks to flush the septic tank. when they say solids they mean it. it look like lards of grease that were nasty and big. I figured it would be something else.
A couple of things nice about renting is that there are no property taxes and if something is broken you call them to fix it.A couple of years ago a heat pump went out.I guess it was very spendy to repair.But there are more disadvantages.

A couple of things nice about renting is that there are no property taxes and if something is broken you call them to fix it.A couple of years ago a heat pump went out.I guess it was very spendy to repair.But there are more disadvantages.
freedom has its price, trust me it does. I hate fixing all the things that go wrong.i haven't been in my home ten years and its need painting on the outside and the soffit is the worst. you pay their property taxes, in that they collect you. if were to rent to you. my rent would have to cover p and I and escrow. with some increase for maintance. otherwise I would be in the red. sadly tenants don't like to care for their domiciles. my wife went throught that.

Back