Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers For Husband

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Luminous_Rose

CF Ambassador
Asking for prayers for my husband. This past week he was taking a client home (he works with special needs kids doing respite care). Their client decided to pull on his hair while he was driving and then made some mean remarks and pulled even harder by putting his feet on the back of my husband's seat and pulling with everything he had.

My husband didn't pull over because his client was a flight risk. He now has a cervical sprain and is in constant pain and has to take muscle relaxers to sleep okay.

His boss has accused him of faking his injury because he isn't whining about it all day. She didn't send him to urgent care or the ER right after the incident and has been batting around getting workman's comp for him and wouldn't help him out with the paperwork. He is going to need it for the 3 days of physical therapy a week the doctor is requesting because one of his fingers is numb.

I am sure God is telling my husband to quit the job. He has another job starting at the end of July in the career he wants to be in. Our bills are all paid ahead and at this point, there are no financial worries. We would make it if he quit his job.

Plus, he is driving me crazy. Can't pick up anything more than 5 pounds, can't drive (I don't have a license. Makes things challenging, but I do have my permit), often asks me to get him something right when I sit down (most times because he can't turn his head to see I sat down, I think), and I am drained, too.

I ask for prayers for his healing and that the child that hurt him won't hurt another worker. Prayers that his employer will soften her heart and care more for he employees as most of them are wanting to quit. Prayers that I can safely drive my husband around town because I am so nervous and I already hate driving the times I have practiced, and prayers that I can keep from exploding at him because he's so grouchy and now it's worse because he is in pain. Prayers that if God wants him to quit that he will quit. Thank you.

How would quitting his job affect his insurance for the therapy?

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

Last edited:
Asking for prayers for my husband. This past week he was taking a client home (he works with special needs kids doing respite care). Their client decided to pull on his hair while he was driving and then made some mean remarks and pulled even harder by putting his feet on the back of my husband's seat and pulling with everything he had.

My husband didn't pull over because his client was a flight risk. He now has a cervical sprain and is in constant pain and has to take muscle relaxers to sleep okay.

His boss has accused him of faking his injury because he isn't whining about it all day. She didn't send him to urgent care or the ER right after the incident and has been batting around getting workman's comp for him and wouldn't help him out with the paperwork. He is going to need it for the 3 days of physical therapy a week the doctor is requesting because one of his fingers is numb.

I am sure God is telling my husband to quit the job. He has another job starting at the end of July in the career he wants to be in. Our bills are all paid ahead and at this point, there are no financial worries. We would make it if he quit his job.

Plus, he is driving me crazy. Can't pick up anything more than 5 pounds, can't drive (I don't have a license. Makes things challenging, but I do have my permit), often asks me to get him something right when I sit down (most times because he can't turn his head to see I sat down, I think), and I am drained, too.

I ask for prayers for his healing and that the child that hurt him won't hurt another worker. Prayers that his employer will soften her heart and care more for he employees as most of them are wanting to quit. Prayers that I can safely drive my husband around town because I am so nervous and I already hate driving the times I have practiced, and prayers that I can keep from exploding at him because he's so grouchy and now it's worse because he is in pain. Prayers that if God wants him to quit that he will quit. Thank you.
wow that's a lot to deal with - praying for everything you mentioned - God bless you both

How would quitting his job affect his insurance for the therapy?

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

I don't know, but I don't think they can revoke it once it is approved. Quitting wouldn't change the fact the injury happened at work.

It must have been so hard for your husband to keep driving. God must have been with him to prevent a car accident.
I hope you are managing to get some rest and peaceful moments.
Praying for you both.

It must have been so hard for your husband to keep driving. God must have been with him to prevent a car accident.
I hope you are managing to get some rest and peaceful moments.
Praying for you both.

I agree as that would be a major distraction. The doctor doesn't know how he didn't freak out and crash.

I am a bit unsettled. Drove to church tonight. Even though it is nearby...super scary for me. I'm terrified to drive and my husband isn't going to be able to do it for 4-8 weeks depending on recovery time. Not sure what to do.

Either way, thank you for praying for us. Peace would be nice.

Thanks. I bet it's awful. He has been hurt many times at this one. Seems like those working long enough get hurt somehow.
I only reported one of those injuries (back). It almost got me fired. I hid every injury after that. Some employers make you sign a release to check any worker's comp claims prior to hiring. I learned my lesson and avoided blacklisting by never filing a claim. The harsh reality of a corporate controlled economy.

I only reported one of those injuries (back). It almost got me fired. I hid every injury after that. Some employers make you sign a release to check any worker's comp claims prior to hiring. I learned my lesson and avoided blacklisting by never filing a claim. The harsh reality of a corporate controlled economy.

I had a teacher in high school that warned us of those jobs that have you sign that type of workman's comp waivers and release. Definitely not right. Many work related injuries probably weren't done on purpose.

Unfortunately, its deliberately set up to pit employers against their employees. So that a lot of people have to hire lawyers to help them through the process (to create additional jobs for lawyers). Corporate lawyers often tell supervisors to accuse their employees of faking it as a negotiating tactic during the court process. Supervisors are told to deny all claims for doctor bills as a negotiating tactic. Employees are often forced to quit their jobs as a warning to others not to file an insurance claim. Even if the employee isn't forced to quit, their relationship with their employer can become so toxic that they now hate working there. Their coworkers learn that their employer can't be trusted to treat them fairly, and supervisors are taught that employees can't be trusted to tell the truth.

There must be a better way. Turning employers and employees into paranoid adversaries isn't good for the work environment and national productivity.

Unfortunately, its deliberately set up to pit employers against their employees. So that a lot of people have to hire lawyers to help them through the process (to create additional jobs for lawyers). Corporate lawyers often tell supervisors to accuse their employees of faking it as a negotiating tactic during the court process. Supervisors are told to deny all claims for doctor bills as a negotiating tactic. Employees are often forced to quit their jobs as a warning to others not to file an insurance claim. Even if the employee isn't forced to quit, their relationship with their employer can become so toxic that they now hate working there. Their coworkers learn that their employer can't be trusted to treat them fairly, and supervisors are taught that employees can't be trusted to tell the truth.

There must be a better way. Turning employers and employees into paranoid adversaries isn't good for the work environment and national productivity.

I suppose the case of worldly employers....it's awful. We're hoping we won't have to pay for physical therapy because it seems he is really going to need it. If we absolutely had to I suppose we would drain the rest of our savings and pray it's enough or end up with Care Credit...yuck..but if it's what he needs...praying it all comes through.

I agree, there should be a better way through this for employers and employees.

Situations like this is very hard to deal with and pain can bring the worst out in a person that is usually very loving. They are frustrated not only from the pain, but the limitations that come with it.

I pray for healing for your husband and all of this will be taken care on the employers part as we give it to God and that God will also give you the strength to deal with all of this so you have peace and rest during this time. The more you drive the better you will get until you don't even think about it anymore.

God bless both of you.

Situations like this is very hard to deal with and pain can bring the worst out in a person that is usually very loving. They are frustrated not only from the pain, but the limitations that come with it.

I pray for healing for your husband and all of this will be taken care on the employers part as we give it to God and that God will also give you the strength to deal with all of this so you have peace and rest during this time. The more you drive the better you will get until you don't even think about it anymore.

God bless both of you.

Thank you, and yes - pain makes things frustrating for everyone because it's so hard to cope with. Wherever it goes, it'll all work out.

I drove on the highway last night without an issue and intersections aren't as bad as I thought they would be. It's my parking and reversing I need to work on...mostly reversing and remembering I am in reverse and to put the car back in drive :confused2 lol. Anyway, getting better and less nervous each time so I'm glad for that. Maybe by the fall, I'll be ready to take my driving test.

Update:

Sadly, my husband isn't feeling any better and it's almost been 2 weeks. He has a lot of recovery ahead. He starts physical therapy this week and I'm praying that it will help. It is worrisome that he has signs of traumatic brain injury as well. Hoping he completely heals and is able to get back to things being more normal and without pain.

Update:

Sadly, my husband isn't feeling any better and it's almost been 2 weeks. He has a lot of recovery ahead. He starts physical therapy this week and I'm praying that it will help. It is worrisome that he has signs of traumatic brain injury as well. Hoping he completely heals and is able to get back to things being more normal and without pain.
Has he had an x-ray or an MRI done to show exactly what the problem is?
I've had both on my knees. And they show exactly what my issues are. They are work related but it's not like I can file workman's compensation.
It's a lifetime of work that is the problem. Granted the last 15 of them has been climbing ladders and stairs constantly...but there has been no steady employment. I've been fired and rehired a lot in that time.
You have a great position in that you can file workman's compensation.

I wouldn't worry...

Yes, get a scan. Tell his doctor exactly what is going on, and ask what his doctor recommends. Signs of brain injury might indicate swelling on the brain that needs immediate medical attention. Its standard to try physical therapy first, but then scan if the patient doesn't get better with the therapy. You may need to go to the next step if your husband is experiencing alarming brain symptoms. The way one pastor explained it is that the docs can keep people going until they can get enough prayer.

You might consider talking to someone who specializes in this area if you need advice on getting your husband proper medical attention. You might not have time to figure out how to play the game your husband's employer is playing with you by yourself. Once they start falsely accusing people of faking it, and refusing to pay for scans to find out what is really going on, they are not playing fair.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back