Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers for Viola and her friends...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

The kids got to school today to find out that one of their classmates committed suicide last night. Naturally the kids are shocked, sad, grieving...all that and more. He wasn't a close friend of Viola's but she shared several classes with him...not just this year but in Jr. High as well, so she's known him for several years now. She's pretty shook up about it. So are her friends, a couple of whom who were quite close to the young man. I've given an open invitation to any and all of the kids who might want to talk things over to call/message me at any time. Please pray that God will give me the words to say that can be an encouragement.

This is just so sad, the poor boy was only 15. :sad

Our prayers are with you Dora. You always seem to have the right words to say-our Lord will give them to you again!! We're sorry for your town's loss.

We'll be praying, Ray

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a bullying issue going on. It's bad enough when ANYONE commits suicide, let alone a kid. I'll be praying too.

Thanks for the prayers all. Slowly but surely everyone is making through the week.

Nina, regarding bullying, it's what I thought of at first as well but no.

By all accounts this boy was one of the most popular kids in the grade. He was very friendly, happy, a good student, good athlete, active in FFA and both friends and adults who saw him during the weekend didn't pick up on any kind of sadness, depression, fear or anything. No one can understand why he did what he did, but both the family and police are clearly calling it a suicide. He had texted friends just a little while before it happened and the texts were all along the lines of "see you at school" ...nothing to indicate anything wrong. The police are investigating, so hopefully they can uncover why an apparently happy and well adjusted boy decided that, instead of going in and taking a shower, to shoot himself instead.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back