Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Prayers Needed

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is the first thing that came to mind when i heard this a book called "The Power Of Praise" a book i read many years ago.. don't know if this is the same book but i think you get the idea.. :)

Acts 16:23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:

24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

http://www.victorious.org/praise.htm

tob

I sure get tired easily. Im not well, people and I feel some fear.
But my lungs ARE clearing up, it's just that I think my heart IS weakened all of a sudden. At 54. WIth hiking and all that time on my elliptical - I blame stress at work.

Please pray for me, and I AM in His Word - just so you all know, I did pick the bible up after keeping too busy for it for too long. I'm sorry, Lord. I've been failing you for 54 years and I see I continue to fail you. It hurts me to know I am such a spiritual failure. Only your grace will save me, what few works I have to offer - will never impres my Lord. I can impress other people, but I don't think I've ever impressed my Lord. THAT is what hurts now, as I face the possibility that I will not survive this.

All I want to do, if I do slip into eternity, is to be with my Lord and not in the abyss, suffering the loss of fellowship and cloeseness that I have always longed for.

Hello Pizza...
Melatonin helps in sleeping. I had not been a very good sleeper at all since having my baby years ago. I spent a good 20 years not sleeping well. I had gone on anxiety meds, etc. But now I'm off and taking Melatonin...it works so much better. It is to help sleep/wake cycles.
Check to see if you can take it. It is by Now products and you won't need to get a prescription.
Hope you are doing better.
Will keep you in my prayers.

I was using Melatonin the past year or so, and it did help. I have not taken it since coming home frpm the hospital, I should try it OR call the doc tomorrow and make sure I CAN take it.
Maybe better play it safe and call him. THanks

I was using Melatonin the past year or so, and it did help. I have not taken it since coming home frpm the hospital, I should try it OR call the doc tomorrow and make sure I CAN take it.
Maybe better play it safe and call him. THanks

You are welcomed!
still praying...
Blessings

Pizza i dont see how you have failed the LORD .. Not from where i set... you have had some hard times... been helpful to your sister .. I remember the wood shed trip for your nephew that is not easy... You do your job as unto the LORD as you should... You have been a blessing to many of us around here...via your stand on many subjects and ya know Mark some times we need something light like a trip along the dragon... to brighten our day...
Lord i pray you lift Marks spirits ... let him feel your presence... Grant him rest and reassurance.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.
Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.

2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
(Refrain)

3. Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love.
(Refrain)

Rest Mark rest in Him :)

Mark, I have always enjoyed your post, even your sad one's. Never, ever did I see anyone other then a man who really loves his Lord, his family, and others. Please know that the Lord loves you more than you can ever love Him in return.

There is a woman who that tells this story. Something terrible happened. She was devastated. She went to church and many people hugged and consoled her. She slipped out as quickly as she could and sat in her car and cried. She told the Lord she just wished she could feel Him hugging her. He spoke to her and told her that He had just sent 20 hugs to her by those Christians in the church.

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug and many, many more...

THanks all. I am worried, and finding something to worry about is, well, probalby what put me in this spot. I've been worried for months about:

growing old alone
not having enough money saved for old age
not doing enough for the Lord

I had setbacks that hurt before I moved here 3 years ago - and they haunt me more than I want to admit.
Your words help.

You're not alone in the reaction when reading those lyrics, Pizza . Those words are powerful in their truths and invoke such emotion. Gotta love 'em ...and gotta sing 'em out loud!

Pleased to learn you're feeling better and also feeling antsy. That's a very good sign, indeed! Just keep in mind that it takes a bit longer to return to your usual level of health after a bout with pneumonia.

You are an amazing man, Pizza . The love you have for our Lord, for your family and for your friends .... that love is real, and it comes across in your posts.

:hug

THank you all so much. Sorry I've been gone from here, life, well, WORK has been intense. It just let off about three weeks ago, thought I was gonna take a breather for a time.

I need the words of encouragement. I have an awful battle with lust - it is, it seems, as my sister says "it's the one way the enemy can get you - you don't drink, you treat people well, you live a pretty good Christian life - but you are alone and lonely. You are a perfect target for lust." But most preachers says God doesn't care, He just wants obedience. But I can't seem to obey.

I'm glad we don't know one another personally, if we did, I could not talk about this. Sorry to disappoint you all.

I'm sorry, Pizza, I didn't know you were going through this darkness, and I feel guilty for not paying attention to this thread earlier. Please know I'm praying for you.

I empathize with the pain and fear you're going through. From November til the end of February I was a complete wreck, out of service with excruciating back pain and two surgeries. I had the same chemical stress test you talk about, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. When the doc injected those chemicals in me he said "This is going to make you feel strange for a few minutes." Strange? Strange didn't come close to what that was. It felt like I was going through that thing you see in the movies when a guy is turning into a werewolf. I also didn't sleep well, usually had to be curled up in a fetal position on a recliner. I'm convinced a lot of the reason I couldn't sleep was because of the oxycodone pain meds which just filled me with anxiety and didn't do much to cut the pain.

I didn't mean to bore you with this story, I'm just trying to say God held me close the entire time, and he's holding you close as well. Hang in there, brother, we're all praying you through.

man-praying.jpg

THank you all so much. Sorry I've been gone from here, life, well, WORK has been intense. It just let off about three weeks ago, thought I was gonna take a breather for a time.

I need the words of encouragement. I have an awful battle with lust - it is, it seems, as my sister says "it's the one way the enemy can get you - you don't drink, you treat people well, you live a pretty good Christian life - but you are alone and lonely. You are a perfect target for lust." But most preachers says God doesn't care, He just wants obedience. But I can't seem to obey.

I'm glad we don't know one another personally, if we did, I could not talk about this. Sorry to disappoint you all.
you aren't alone in that struggle.

To all of you, and mostly to mike, but to all of you:

I appreciate all that is being said. I firmly believe that prayer works, and I beg for your prayers. I have had sleep troubles, but NOTHING like what started beginning two weeks ago tomorrow night. The illness, of course, is responsible. My pnumonia is backing off, but people tell me to NOT expect it to clear in a few days. My antibiotics are done as of yesterday, so I guess and hope the body can heal from the infection on it's own now.

The heart issue is way worse. I cannot work now, I'm guessing I'll be off work a month and HOPE it's not longer. I have enough money to survive for several months - but it's not enough forever. (Not sure if social security would provide disability unless I'm diagnosed with not EVER being able to work - and the doc seems to think I'll be ok in time.)

So, I have a lot of worries - the last thing a HEART PATIENT needs!!!!!

Jason, I am alone in my struggles in that I have no wife/girlfriend - but other than that, I do understand your post and thank you for it. God still loves us, and will save us, right? I mean, I know He will - but I may check out , you never know. I guess I, oddly enough, have no peace with death right now and am ............ scared? Fearful? Insecure? Not sure what word to use.

I remember that fear, the day I left for country. often I have such fears. seldom do I share them.

ssi can be temporary I know a man who had health issues and was on it and then went off it and then finally had to remain on it from his heart condition.

Ok, maybe I better look into that. Oh, great, dealing with SS - like I had no other stresses in life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back