Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Prayers Needed

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok, Doctor called me in today. (Yesterday)

They did an ultrasound test to see how the blood was flowing in my neck and down to my feet. The tests showed, right away, that there is no issue with blockages or blood flow. He said I did well with last week's stress test - no issues there.

He then told me that the tests (CT SCAN I guess) of my chest/heart showed blood flow around and thru the heart, and in the vessels feeding the heart was fine - there are no blockages or problems. They can see my bicuspid heart valve, and it's turbulent blood flow out of the heart - but he said they are not concerned and saw no sign of valve failiure or plaque build up.

He summed up: "The only thing I can find is this irregular heart beat". It is a sort of arrhythmia. He wants me on my blood thinners and heart rate drug. He wants to do a cardioconversion on me in two weeks and says I can stop the meds at that time.

So, that is it. My lungs have healed well from the pneumonia, I am hardly ever coughing at all. It appears that the pneumonia brought something to the surface in my heart, but they SAY that the cardiconversion will likely fix it and I'll be fine.

You can bet your life I will be back in the woods, hiking and working out of my ellitical every day as I have in the past, after the procedure. I REALLY expected to hear I needed stints or bypass. But like my doctor said three months ago, "if you are hiking and working on the elliptical, cant much be wrong with you..."
IN SHORT: EXERCISE WORKS - my diet is not THAT good, sure I don't smoke and haven't since I was 19 - but I like Mexican food and chocolate. So, again, it would appear that exercise covers "a multitude of bad behavior".

I'm off work still, probalby off next two weeks at least. But Doc says I can work from home anytime. HE actually said I could go back to work but we are keeping that a secret - stress may have put me in this situation - so I'm taking some time to relax.

I am still afraid a bit of the procedure, but it is not surgery, just anesthetic, and then they shock me with paddles (maybe more than once) to get my heart to beat right. They do it in the doctor's office and then I go home. I still want prayer - sure wish God would just heal me, but with my problem with lust and sex I doubt He will do that. (Man, if I had a wife, she'd not get any sleep :) )

Thank you all for the kindness shown me here, and for your prayers. My son is going to TRY to get home from Japan to be with me - maybe an over reaction, but it would be nice to see Kevin and Yuki.

Now, all that is left is to make sure I learn from this all that I should. (Like dealing with stress a lot better and learning to STOP WORRYING MYSELF SICK over finances, retirement, being single, etc.) Worry is a lack of trust and faith in oneself AND in God Himself. Maybe THAT offends God more than my lust/sex thoughts.

Oh, and I DID take the car out yesterday, put the top down, and went zipping thru the curves on Mathes Airport Road and Buford Dam Road.

It felt really good to get out and FORGET about my health worries (this was before the Doc called me in). I'm headed out today with a friend, she is a distant friend, and has no idea we are headed up to Blood Mountain and the curves on US129. My personal goal is for her to have fun and hopefully SCREAM at me in the curves. :)

Yea, I'm feeling better.....

Mark God has your beating heart in His hands... Trust Him He has your lonely heart there also...

Last edited:
Oh, and I DID take the car out yesterday, put the top down, and went zipping thru the curves on Mathes Airport Road and Buford Dam Road.

It felt really good to get out and FORGET about my health worries (this was before the Doc called me in). I'm headed out today with a friend, she is a distant friend, and has no idea we are headed up to Blood Mountain and the curves on US129. My personal goal is for her to have fun and hopefully SCREAM at me in the curves. :)

Yea, I'm feeling better.....

Glory Honor and Praise to our Father....a little more holy roller praise...:woot2:sohappy:dancing :pray

Psa_30:11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;

Such wonderful news, Pizza! It's also great you were able to get the car out for a good run to blow the cobwebs away.

Our Lord loves you dearly!

Ok, Doctor called me in today. (Yesterday)

They did an ultrasound test to see how the blood was flowing in my neck and down to my feet. The tests showed, right away, that there is no issue with blockages or blood flow. He said I did well with last week's stress test - no issues there.

He then told me that the tests (CT SCAN I guess) of my chest/heart showed blood flow around and thru the heart, and in the vessels feeding the heart was fine - there are no blockages or problems. They can see my bicuspid heart valve, and it's turbulent blood flow out of the heart - but he said they are not concerned and saw no sign of valve failiure or plaque build up.

He summed up: "The only thing I can find is this irregular heart beat". It is a sort of arrhythmia. He wants me on my blood thinners and heart rate drug. He wants to do a cardioconversion on me in two weeks and says I can stop the meds at that time.

So, that is it. My lungs have healed well from the pneumonia, I am hardly ever coughing at all. It appears that the pneumonia brought something to the surface in my heart, but they SAY that the cardiconversion will likely fix it and I'll be fine.

You can bet your life I will be back in the woods, hiking and working out of my ellitical every day as I have in the past, after the procedure. I REALLY expected to hear I needed stints or bypass. But like my doctor said three months ago, "if you are hiking and working on the elliptical, cant much be wrong with you..."
IN SHORT: EXERCISE WORKS - my diet is not THAT good, sure I don't smoke and haven't since I was 19 - but I like Mexican food and chocolate. So, again, it would appear that exercise covers "a multitude of bad behavior".

I'm off work still, probalby off next two weeks at least. But Doc says I can work from home anytime. HE actually said I could go back to work but we are keeping that a secret - stress may have put me in this situation - so I'm taking some time to relax.

I am still afraid a bit of the procedure, but it is not surgery, just anesthetic, and then they shock me with paddles (maybe more than once) to get my heart to beat right. They do it in the doctor's office and then I go home. I still want prayer - sure wish God would just heal me, but with my problem with lust and sex I doubt He will do that. (Man, if I had a wife, she'd not get any sleep :) )

Thank you all for the kindness shown me here, and for your prayers. My son is going to TRY to get home from Japan to be with me - maybe an over reaction, but it would be nice to see Kevin and Yuki.

Now, all that is left is to make sure I learn from this all that I should. (Like dealing with stress a lot better and learning to STOP WORRYING MYSELF SICK over finances, retirement, being single, etc.) Worry is a lack of trust and faith in oneself AND in God Himself. Maybe THAT offends God more than my lust/sex thoughts.

But he wants you on blood thinners and a heart rate drug ... after all the good news...and he wants to put you on drugs to thin your blood after finding out that blood flow is good and NO blockage.
That does not make any sense to me at all. Since you are fine and having success...why go on all that other stuff, it will make you worse.

I have had irregular heart beat...heart palpitations==it is from anxiety, stress, fretting.
If he puts you on anything...it should be for those-- not for something that you don't need.
I have a medical background plus in -home care...and I am just baffled at these doctors today putting ones on "stuff" that they don't need INSTEAD of what they do need.

I have been praying for you for many days now...the Holy Spirit led me to know that it is your "worry". And your medical tests shows that you are fine with the blood flow and no blockage. Please, I hope you don't take my post as harsh or anything like that...I'm just concerned and I care.

Please I pray....get something for anxiety ...not blood thinners. And it probably will be coumadin---which is dangerous.
And there are natural means for thinners too.
(of course continue to watch your cholestrol)

I'm now getting really worried about you...here we go another worry wort (me)!

He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of a sound mind.

Prayers and blessings...

Last edited:
SeekHisFace
the meds are not long term....

But he wants you on blood thinners and a heart rate drug ... after all the good news...and he wants to put you on drugs to thin your blood after finding out that blood flow is good and NO blockage.
That does not make any sense to me at all. Since you are fine and having success...why go on all that other stuff, it will make you worse.

I have had irregular heart beat...heart palpitations==it is from anxiety, stress, fretting.
If he puts you on anything...it should be for those-- not for something that you don't need.
I have a medical background plus in -home care...and I am just baffled at these doctors today putting ones on "stuff" that they don't need INSTEAD of what they do need.

I have been praying for you for many days now...the Holy Spirit led me to know that it is your "worry". And your medical tests shows that you are fine with the blood flow and no blockage. Please, I hope you don't take my post as harsh or anything like that...I'm just concerned and I care.

Please I pray....get something for anxiety ...not blood thinners. And it probably will be coumadin---which is dangerous.
And there are natural means for thinners too.
(of course continue to watch your cholestrol)

I'm now getting really worried about you...here we go another worry wort (me)!

He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of a sound mind.

Prayers and blessings...
He says Im off the meds in two weeks after the cardio conversion. The thinners are to break up any possible clots SLOWLY so that during the procedure, no clots come loose and cause a stroke. So, the thinners are just a precaution. He has said twice he wants me off all meds in two weeks and that, "You should be fine after that."

I STILL wish God would heal my heart without the procedure... but also must give thanks that I live in a time they can do these tests and are able to tell my that my blood flow is fine without cutting into me. :)

Well, my cardio conversion is set for Monday May 12. I am hoping and praying for a good outcome. They say the chances it will make any difference are slim, but I've heard of many miracles and unexpected outcomes in the past few weeks.

I am still off work, doc said I could go back to work two weeks ago, but if I want the conversion done, I should be rested and de-stressed as much as possible. It sounds like I go back to unrestricted work next Wednesday (the 14th). Been spending my time looking at motorcycles (not sure where that came from) and walking over at Buford Dam.

So, I'm doing ok and just want to be better. Doctors say many people live with a-fib, but my a-fib is way worse than it was before the illness - I was hiking and working out daily up till I was sick. Today, docs say (and I can tell they are right) I can't really exercise other than walk with my heart so far out like it is now. I can't see myself living very long like this, either.

So, I hope and pray for the conversion to accomplish something - if not complete restoration, at least to get me back where I was five weeks ago.

Dear Father, please touch pizza with healing this day and give him back the life taken from him. Thank You Father in the precious name of Jesus.

Prayers continue for you, Pizza . Am glad to read the update you posted, and that the cardio conversion date is fast approaching. Before you know it, you'll be back to your regularly scheduled life, happily anticipating the next Dragon!

I feel so sad. I didnt notice this thread. Shame unto me. Big shame. cfneters should individually give me some flogging for not noticing this thread.

But why our pizza?! Get well pizzaguy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back