Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayers Please?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

gerbilwoman

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds selfish but could I please request prayer? You see I keep sinning, badly, something illegal actually. And my therapist basically said she's turning me in if it continues. But I don't know how to stop. I don't want God to hate me or to get in trouble. Any prayers are greatly appreciated. Please don't judge me, I'm really struggling and trying to stop.

Dear Father, You know the problem, You have the cure, and You are working in Sister gerbilgirl to have Your very best for her good. I ask for great grace as You glorify all you do in and for her. Please have great mercy as You deliver her and I praise and thank You for it in Jesus' precious name. Amen.

You won't get any judgement from us, as that is not our job. We are all equally sinners and fall short of His glory. If you haven't already, perhaps you should read my post from earlier today (not boasting here) which is in this same thread (prayer requests and praises); My war of ages. Although we have different struggles, we all struggle with something, trying to find freedom, and perhaps we can relate in our battles for freedom from addiction.

Bringing your life and your problems to God is never selfish, it pleases Him when we put our trust in Him.

Unfortunately, while in this world we will experience the problems of this world.
I pray you continue to seek help with a psychiatrist and with God.
May you feel His concern and love for you as you face this problem.
I'll pray for you.

W

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds selfish but could I please request prayer? You see I keep sinning, badly, something illegal actually. And my therapist basically said she's turning me in if it continues. But I don't know how to stop. I don't want God to hate me or to get in trouble. Any prayers are greatly appreciated. Please don't judge me, I'm really struggling and trying to stop.
Not judging you, but am praying for you...
Try to keep your mind on something else, stay busy, and stay in God's word.
Reading the Bible always seems to comfort me and give me hope, bring your troubles to Him..

The log is so big in my eye I wouldn't even be able to see your issue. So no judgement or condemnation from me.

There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.

Be rest assured that God never ever turns away a heart that seeks after him no matter how bad it is. If it's his heart you are after he knows that cause he knows your heart.

Also know that there is hope in his name, there is freedom in Christ. I can testify to this with a severe gambling addiction that God healed off 5 years ago, never been tempted since.

Father we lift our precious sister. Your precious daughter up to. May she know that you are for her and not against her. May she know that your love for her is so great even as she struggles with this issue.

We pray that you will manifest your strength in her weakness. I pray that she lifts it up to you. I pray you will work good on this situation.

I pray if she is weary and heavy laden that she lay it at your feet and she will take yours.

I pray that you will refresh her physically, emotionally and spiritually. When she lays down her head to sleep my her thoughts praise you as wanders off into the land of nod. Holy Spirit watch over her, guard her jealously. Be like a whirlwind encircling her. Protect her from satan, the father of lies. He may prowl like a lion but has no teeth and no bite. Where are sister has been lied to reveal the truth and give her strength to stand firm in the truth.

That truth being that you have loved her with an everlasting love, you would never forsake or leave her, you have removed her sins from her as far as the east is from the west and buried them in the deepest ocean and you remember them no more.

I ask this in Jesus name.

Remember to water the little mustard seed so that it grows to be the biggest plant in the garden of your mind. It will push out and strangle the weeds in the mind and all you do will bear witness to the renewing of your mind. Make no place and no time for the weeds of sin. They will die off. Be a diligent gardener. Pray and praise continuously. The Word of God is alive read/listen always. Starve the deceiver from your mind. It's the battle every child of God fights. Now put on your armor and prepare for battle. He has equipped you in his Word.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back