Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

preaching is it biblical ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Soma, not all sermons are commentaries... some "preachers" actually have the gift of teaching. I know of one Pastor who can do a sermon on a particular passage and teach one thing; come back to that same passage a year later and from a different angle, he teaches something totally different. One day he taught on the Prodigal son parable and keyed in on the prodigal son. Several months later, he taught on the same parable, only from the perspective of the brother. Another day, from the perspective of the father. Three sermons; three totally different lessons, none of it opinion.

There have been sermons that have inspired me to be a better person.

But on the WHOLE my CHURCH consists of a small body of people that I know and trust personally in my life. I have had more inspiration and Spirit in these small gatherings than the "Big service".

I also love to talk face to face with people I have just met on these matters on a personal level. Much more is learned when you can be "real" with someone without all the distractions of a large crowd telling you what is right and what is wrong.

Jesus is about the PERSONAL God factor. It is between YOU and GOD and no one else in the end. Learning that you are alone in this world and that your "pastor" and his 100 fold flock will not be there for you at the time of death is sobering but necessary for growth.

You can "train" yourself to accept this fact much easier in a small community of believers as you grow together and not have to worry about "saying the wrong things".

Jesus revealed the most intimate secrets of the Kingdom of God to the disciples in an intimate setting.

He spoke to the crowds in parables.
[/b]

Soma-Sight said:
There have been sermons that have inspired me to be a better person.

But on the WHOLE my CHURCH consists of a small body of people that I know and trust personally in my life. I have had more inspiration and Spirit in these small gatherings than the "Big service".

I also love to talk face to face with people I have just met on these matters on a personal level. Much more is learned when you can be "real" with someone without all the distractions of a large crowd telling you what is right and what is wrong.

Jesus is about the PERSONAL God factor. It is between YOU and GOD and no one else in the end. Learning that you are alone in this world and that your "pastor" and his 100 fold flock will not be there for you at the time of death is sobering but necessary for growth.

You can "train" yourself to accept this fact much easier in a small community of believers as you grow together and not have to worry about "saying the wrong things".

Jesus revealed the most intimate secrets of the Kingdom of God to the disciples in an intimate setting.

He spoke to the crowds in parables.
[/b]

Soma sight,

You are right on, we have accountability for each other. We know each other very well in small groups. We can get to know each other on pesonal bases. We can help to grow and help each other for the Lord.

Most churches' people don't even know each other; they are friendly on the surface. It is so superficial. It is so unbiblical. It is just another social club. It is low quality. Many churchgoers are like this way because they dont want anyone to know their private lives and churches are accomodating this kind of behavior.

Most churches' people don't even know each other; they are friendly on the surface. It is so superficial. It is so unbiblical. It is just another social club. It is low quality. Many churchgoers are like this way because they dont want anyone to know their private lives and churches are accomodating this kind of behavior.

I hate to be sceptical but here it goes....

Many times there are SICKOS lurking in the pews as well!

Many times in Church people are put in situations where there emotions get the best of them and they may say personal things to strangers that should not be trusted!

Do you know how many child molesters have struck in the heart of the Evangelical system not to mention the Catholics?

Trust in this day and age is something to be EARNED and the poor fruits of the Church system and the many lives destroyed by pedophiles and adultery is proof of this.

In a small setting you KNOW the person you are getting intimate with. You dont just blurt out your most dark secrets and problems to any old pastor that comes along unless you are prepared for some bad times.

Because all in all religion comes down to personal issues and is more than just doctrines and creeds being rammed down each others throats.

I have been burned in Churches in bad ways and learned very quickly to keep my spiritual life guarded in small groups of people I have known for YEARS.

If you need the security of a Big Church it may be due to insecurity issues that you have and should be dealt with by professionals and by prayer.

But this is just my experiences talking and I am sure many people find merit in Mega Churches....

I simply dont... and find it unSpirit filled.

Soma-Sight said:

I hate to be sceptical but here it goes....

Many times there are SICKOS lurking in the pews as well!

Many times in Church people are put in situations where there emotions get the best of them and they may say personal things to strangers that should not be trusted!

Do you know how many child molesters have struck in the heart of the Evangelical system not to mention the Catholics?

Trust in this day and age is something to be EARNED and the poor fruits of the Church system and the many lives destroyed by pedophiles and adultery is proof of this.

In a small setting you KNOW the person you are getting intimate with. You dont just blurt out your most dark secrets and problems to any old pastor that comes along unless you are prepared for some bad times.

Because all in all religion comes down to personal issues and is more than just doctrines and creeds being rammed down each others throats.

I have been burned in Churches in bad ways and learned very quickly to keep my spiritual life guarded in small groups of people I have known for YEARS.

If you need the security of a Big Church it may be due to insecurity issues that you have and should be dealt with by professionals and by prayer.

But this is just my experiences talking and I am sure many people find merit in Mega Churches....

I simply dont... and find it unSpirit filled.
You really need to find you a good Bible believing fundamentalist church. The SICKOS don't stay long! They either get saved or leave to attend a liberal church somewhere.

You really need to find you a good Bible believing fundamentalist church. The SICKOS don't stay long! They either get saved or leave to attend a liberal church somewhere.

I beg to differ.....

Just two weeks ago a pedophile called my home with his Evangelical pastor wanting to "reconcile" things bewtween himself and a family member of mine.

Suffice to say, the furies of hell would be a good "visual" in regards to my reaction to this.

I will leave the Fundamentailist Churches for others ignorant enough to believe in their false doctrines.

Soma-Sight said:

I beg to differ.....

Just two weeks ago a pedophile called my home with his Evangelical pastor wanting to "reconcile" things bewtween himself and a family member of mine.

Suffice to say, the furies of hell would be a good "visual" in regards to my reaction to this.

I will leave the Fundamentailist Churches for others ignorant enough to believe in their false doctrines.
You hang out in some very strange places. I don't know who is better at making accusations against Christians, you or the devil himself. Of course there may be a tie there that you don't speak much of.

You hang out in some very strange places. I don't know who is better at making accusations against Christians, you or the devil himself. Of course there may be a tie there that you don't speak much of.

You dont believe me do you?

That is fine. This is the internet and it would probably shock you (or not) to know what kind of people hang out in Church.

The reason my fiancee has an incurable illness stems from the stress and sexual abuse dealt out by the hands of "good ol Christian" farmer boys.

As far as me "accusing" like you imply.... I forgave that Church for its many sins against me and there support of a man that stole my truck.

I didnt take the evangelical responsible for stealing from me to court and simply left.

Of course you really didnt want to hear about this did you?

You would rather label me demon possesed and get on with your day.

Soma-Sight said:

You dont believe me do you?

That is fine. This is the internet and it would probably shock you (or not) to know what kind of people hang out in Church.

The reason my fiancee has an incurable illness stems from the stress and sexual abuse dealt out by the hands of "good ol Christian" farmer boys.

As far as me "accusing" like you imply.... I forgave that Church for its many sins against me and there support of a man that stole my truck.

I didnt take the evangelical responsible for stealing from me to court and simply left.

Of course you really didnt want to hear about this did you?

You would rather label me demon possesed and get on with your day.
Sounds like you support all beliefs and peoples except for fundamentalist Christians. It's not my bogey, its yours. Don't forget to love your enemies.

If you don't like to read my warnings and teachings, put me on ignore. It will be less stressful for you.

PS All are children of the devil until they are born of God, after which they are adopted into his family and are children of God. You might examine yourself as the Bible teaches to insure that you actually are born again, and not just following some fly by night deception of the devil.

Soma-Sight said:

I beg to differ.....

I am so sorry about your experience. It is so hard to believe that many churches are so tolerant of evil but so hard on the righteous ones.

It is not politically and religiously correct being upright. As long as they take this kind of stance those churches will never get my and my family's cooperation.

Jesus is for weak and righteous one's side and not the evil ones. They say love your enemy but join the military and kill and bomb all their evil enemies: they are so tolerant of victims of churchgoing liars.

Solo,

Muslims didnt steal my truck....

Hindus didnt molest my friend....

Jews didnt call me a satanist and demon possesed for my spiritual opinions....

By their Fruits..... please finish this statement

All I have is my experience to judge the merits of various Churches....

Evangelical Churches I have been involved have always left my stomach bitter.....

I am glad you are among the exception!
8-)

Soma-Sight said:
Solo,

Muslims didnt steal my truck....

Hindus didnt molest my friend....

Jews didnt call me a satanist and demon possesed for my spiritual opinions....

By their Fruits..... please finish this statement

All I have is my experience to judge the merits of various Churches....

Evangelical Churches I have been involved have always left my stomach bitter.....

I am glad you are among the exception!
8-)
It is sad that you must judge truth by the actions of a few questionable "believers". You must judge a group by their teachings, not the actions of a few "so-called" of the group. Many New Agers are drug addicts. I don't judge the entire group as being drug addicts. I judge the entire group by the teachings of the New Age. I know the New Age by their fruits of lies and deceptions. God does not lie and deceive, but his enemy does.

It is sad that you must judge truth by the actions of a few questionable "believers". You must judge a group by their teachings, not the actions of a few "so-called" of the group. Many New Agers are drug addicts. I don't judge the entire group as being drug addicts. I judge the entire group by the teachings of the New Age. I know the New Age by their fruits of lies and deceptions. God does not lie and deceive, but his enemy does.

I wonder how many New Agers you talk to on a regular schedule?

Of course there are many stoners and drunkards that have Buddha statues in the house, but that doesnt hold up to Truth anyways and I dont agree with this either....

http://www.hoghoggidyhog.com/stoner.jpg

Of course on the other hand there are many Evangelical Christians who are gluttons and feed off the flesh of pork and beer and treat people harshly which I dont agree with either!

http://www.jhu.edu/~jhumag/0905web/images/glutton.jpg

All I am saying is I have been burned by the Evangelical group.... I am not saying ALL of them are this way but that has been my experience.

There is a lack of spiritual dicsipline in the Church as well which stunts growth on many levels.

You dont see many people like LonlelyGuide who fasted for 6 weeks in the mega Churches!

Call him what you will but that takes discipline and Spirit filled drive to accomplish!

Amen soma sight :angel:

We know we are true followers of Jesus by our fruit.

Soma said "There is a lack of spiritual dicsipline in the Church as well which stunts growth on many levels."

I was at the last PK ralley, with 10,000 men and one of speakers shocked them all by saying "The reason many men in the church are not doing anything is becuase PASTORS they have to sit and listen to your boring sermons every week"

He went on to explain that the very things "pastors" are doing to encourage the growth of the church, is actually the very thing that it keeping it down.

This is why we find only small house churches in the NT, there everyone is accountable by default, they are all responsible for some part of the meeting and they are grow simply by the nature of the environment.

I promise that if we destroed the buildings and got rid of the professional clergy, both are man made anyways, and let Christians live our church life as the bible teaches, they will grow by leaps and bounds.

It would be better that new convert never dawn the steps of a church building.

I promise that if we destroed the buildings and got rid of the professional clergy, both are man made anyways, and let Christians live our church life as the bible teaches, they will grow by leaps and bounds.

Unless there is a major cataclysmic event to reshape society this will not happen unfortanetlely.

Unless there is a major cataclysmic event to reshape society this will not happen unfortanetlely.

Hey do not be so sure, if it had a start it will have an end. According to Barnas research in less then 20 years more then 70% of christians will not meet in the traditional church buildings. More and more are learning the truth of church and leaving the buildings.

It is happening already my friend.

Henry

http://www.ntrf.org

http://www.eastvalleyhousechurch.org

You should read the book by Barna called revolution

Henry said:
More and more are learning the truth of church and leaving the buildings.
It has nothing to do with what, in your opinion, is the truth. People are simply tired of what the Church offers since it has in many respects become stagnant. People are not leaving in droves because they disagree with meeting in a large building set aside for the purpose of worship.

Soma

The internet has certainly helped :)

Free

This not my opinion, an opinion has no basis in fact. But what I am saying is based in fact, the bible and statistics.

There is no such thing as the modern church in the bible that is a fact, the NT church met in homes that is a fact, there is no pastor on the bible that is a fact, the NT church was leb by elders that is a fact, the NT church gathered to eat together no other reason given that is a fact.

And more and more, you can argu but really you are arguing with the bible not me. These are not my opinions from no where they are things based in the facts of the bible and statistics of the church in america today.

Sorry, but pastor ran building churches are unbiblical that is a fact. Like it or not.

People leaving becuase they are learning this to be the truth.

Check out Barnas new work "Revolution" and keep your eyes opened, the time of buildings pretending to be churches is nearing an end THANK GOD

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back