Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Preaching the gospel in Israel during the time of the two witnesses.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus sends his servants to preach the gospel in Israel during the time of the two witnesses. He tells them not to carry money. Of coarse they wouldn't be able to buy or sell anyway at that time because of the mark of the beast and Jesus knew that. He also tells them how they would be persecuted throughout israel till the day he comes. Here is his instructions to the saints on what takes place in Israel during those 42 months.

Now my question is. Why are the saints who do what Jesus tells them to do persecuted for those 42 months while the two witnesses spend that time killing and tormenting people?

Wouldn't it be easier to just go hang out with the two witnesses and kill and torment others and not bother going throughout israel being persecuted and dying for 42 months for preaching the gospel?

Last edited:
I mean, I've been told on this board that killing and tormenting other people is the right thing to do in Jesus's eyes, so why preach the gospel and get persecuted for it? Just kill and torment a bunch of people like the people on this board says.
Right?

I mean, I've been told on this board that killing and tormenting other people is the right thing to do in Jesus's eyes, so why preach the gospel and get persecuted for it? Just kill and torment a bunch of people like the people on this board says.
Right?

You seem very confused.

You seem very confused.
No I'm not confused. Jesus gave very detailed instructions to the saints in Israel who will be persecuted those 42 months while the two gentiles kill and torment people. Jesus even mentioned those gentiles who occupy Jerusalem in the chapter.

The persecuted saints in Israel will be deliverd up to those who govern Israel and the gentiles who occupy Jerusalem along with those two Christian gentile witnesses.

Just as Jesus was deliverd up before Pilate, so will the persecuted saints be brought up before the gentiles in Jerusalem.

No confusion at all on my part.

Israel who will be persecuted those 42 months while the two gentiles kill and torment people.

Can you refer me to the scripture in Revelation 11, which refers to the two witnesses, that shows us the two witnesses were Gentiles.

JLB

Can you refer me to the scripture in Revelation 11, which refers to the two witnesses, that shows us the two witnesses were Gentiles.

JLB

Verse 11:2
The following verses gives greater detail of those gentiles that occupy Jerusalem those 42 months.

The persecuted saints in Israel will be deliverd up to those who govern Israel and the gentiles who occupy Jerusalem along with those two Christian gentile witnesses.

The two witnesses are sent from God and empowered by God to prophesy for 31/2 years, as well as call fire down from heaven on those who try to harm them. They also have power to shut up the heavens so it doesn't rain, as well as turn water into blood and strike the earth with plagues, like what happened in Eqypt during the time of Moses.

The two witnesses do not persecute the saints.

These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire. Revelation 11:4-6

JLB

The two witnesses are sent from God and empowered by God to prophesy for 31/2 years, as well as call fire down from heaven on those who try to harm them. They also have power to shut up the heavens so it doesn't rain, as well as turn water into blood and strike the earth with plagues, like what happened in Eqypt during the time of Moses.

The two witnesses do not persecute the saints.

These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire. Revelation 11:4-6

JLB
Scripture shows it is the false prophet who calls fire down from heaven during those 42 months.

The two horns of this second beast are the ones who command fire come down from heaven.

Scripture shows it is the false prophet who calls fire down from heaven during those 42 months.

The two horns of this second beast are the ones who command fire come down from heaven.

Nothing in scripture about the two horns calling down fire from heaven.

Nothing in scripture about the two witnesses being the two horns of the beast.

What is in scripture, is the beast kills the two witnesses.

When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them.
Revelation 11:7

JLB

Jesus sends his servants to preach the gospel in Israel during the time of the two witnesses. He tells them not to carry money. Of coarse they wouldn't be able to buy or sell anyway at that time because of the mark of the beast and Jesus knew that. He also tells them how they would be persecuted throughout israel till the day he comes. Here is his instructions to the saints on what takes place in Israel during those 42 months.

The way I understand it, it will be a tough time living in Israel at that time period. Which would be post rapture so there will be great revival in Israel after they realize they got left behind and Jesus really is the Messiah.

To take a grasp on how Christians (including Israelites) will live during that mark of the beast time period, where no one without the mark can travel, buy food, pay electric bill, nothing. Why is this? And how?

Ok so first off, God does not change, agreed? So let's explore some old stories in the Bible. God always cares for His people. Need a lift to Azotus? Philip did in:
Acts 8:39-40
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.../

The Spirit of the Lord gave Phillip a ride, no money, no chip.

Hungry? Can't buy food?
1 Kings 17:3-6
3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.

5 So he went and did according unto the word of the Lord: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.../

I could go on with 5 loaves and 2 fishes, food multiplication miracles. But do you get the idea. They (we!) may lose some weight but we wont starve to death. SOmetimes God will come to us and tell us which rock to speak to to get a drink of water!

These will be for those that live 100% dependant on Christ, 100% devoted to Christ and the coming of His Kingdom.

We don't need no stinking money! We care for each other, God cares for us. That's how it works.

I just had a thought. (Uh Oh)...During the millenium period there is no reason to think that commerce will not continue, but would the Lord etablish His own currency for commerce? Hmmm.

I don't think so. I think it would be more likely that the stores will be open, but it is free what you need. They wont go out of business because as they bless you by giving you what you need, they in turn receive bigger blessings from the Lord directly for obediance. So I guess you could say, the currency is the Love of God. I surmise it may be the same way in Heaven (New Jerusalem).

When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them.

JLB

The second beast is the one who makes fire come down from heaven. The two horns on this beasts head signifies rulers. Leaders.
The leaders of this beast is what decides what it will or won't do. The leaders is what gives the orders, such as Fire.

This second beast gives everyone in Israel, including Jerusalem the mark of the beast. The only people in Israel who don't recieve it are the saints who are persecuted for those 42 months. The two witnesses are not persecuted like the saints are. Insted they are persecuting people.

Last edited:
The way I understand it, it will be a tough time living in Israel at that time period. Which would be post rapture so there will be great revival in Israel after they realize they got left behind and Jesus really is the Messiah.

To take a grasp on how Christians (including Israelites) will live during that mark of the beast time period, where no one without the mark can travel, buy food, pay electric bill, nothing. Why is this? And how?

Ok so first off, God does not change, agreed? So let's explore some old stories in the Bible. God always cares for His people. Need a lift to Azotus? Philip did in:
Acts 8:39-40
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.../

The Spirit of the Lord gave Phillip a ride, no money, no chip.

Hungry? Can't buy food?
1 Kings 17:3-6
3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.

5 So he went and did according unto the word of the Lord: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.../

I could go on with 5 loaves and 2 fishes, food multiplication miracles. But do you get the idea. They (we!) may lose some weight but we wont starve to death. SOmetimes God will come to us and tell us which rock to speak to to get a drink of water!

These will be for those that live 100% dependant on Christ, 100% devoted to Christ and the coming of His Kingdom.

We don't need no stinking money! We care for each other, God cares for us. That's how it works.

I just had a thought. (Uh Oh)...During the millenium period there is no reason to think that commerce will not continue, but would the Lord etablish His own currency for commerce? Hmmm.

I don't think so. I think it would be more likely that the stores will be open, but it is free what you need. They wont go out of business because as they bless you by giving you what you need, they in turn receive bigger blessings from the Lord directly for obediance. So I guess you could say, the currency is the Love of God. I surmise it may be the same way in Heaven (New Jerusalem).
It's not post rapture.
At the beginning of the final 42 months in Israel, the saints there are persecuted and many die.

They die because they are faithful followers of Christ. They are persecuted for the same reason. It will be very hard there for them.

Revelation chapter 9:5. The time of antichrist and two witnesses is 5 month period, I documented it. Mark chapter 13, Jesus shortened the time for the Elect sakes. Second thessalonians chapter 1, your supposed to suffer for kingdom of God, and their will be some persecution. Zechariah chapter 4 to document, the two sons of oil stand before God, in heaven. The two witnesses arrive 10 days before satan comes in his role as antichrist, in Jerusalem. The two sons of oil will give testimony, and guide Gods Elect through antichrist 5 month tribulation. Read revelation chapter 11, anyone who tries to hurt or kill the two witnesses, will be killed in that matter. God will not tolerate anyone who try's to interfere with the two witnesses testimony, or try to hurt them. Get the picture. Matthew chapter 10, and romans chapter 8, God's Election have destiny, and some people have spirit of slumber, they can't understand the mystery of God. And theirs misguided preachers who are lying to people and misleading them. Amos chapter 8, were in time of famine, its hearing God's Truth !. Do not mess with the two sons of oil in Jerusalem, when they arrive 10 days prior to antichrist. God doesn't mess around, and it will cost their life if they move against the two sons of oil. I documented this, and explained this carefully. Study sound doctrine, and stop feeding your mind with traditions of men and false doctrine. James chapter 1, ask God for wisdom and knowledge. Pray for it and repent sins to God.

Revelation chapter 9:5. The time of antichrist and two witnesses is 5 month period, I documented it. Mark chapter 13, Jesus shortened the time for the Elect sakes. Second thessalonians chapter 1, your supposed to suffer for kingdom of God, and their will be some persecution. Zechariah chapter 4 to document, the two sons of oil stand before God, in heaven. The two witnesses arrive 10 days before satan comes in his role as antichrist, in Jerusalem. The two sons of oil will give testimony, and guide Gods Elect through antichrist 5 month tribulation. Read revelation chapter 11, anyone who tries to hurt or kill the two witnesses, will be killed in that matter. God will not tolerate anyone who try's to interfere with the two witnesses testimony, or try to hurt them. Get the picture. Matthew chapter 10, and romans chapter 8, God's Election have destiny, and some people have spirit of slumber, they can't understand the mystery of God. And theirs misguided preachers who are lying to people and misleading them. Amos chapter 8, were in time of famine, its hearing God's Truth !. Do not mess with the two sons of oil in Jerusalem, when they arrive 10 days prior to antichrist. God doesn't mess around, and it will cost their life if they move against the two sons of oil. I documented this, and explained this carefully. Study sound doctrine, and stop feeding your mind with traditions of men and false doctrine. James chapter 1, ask God for wisdom and knowledge. Pray for it and repent sins to God.
You may have documented the two witnesses continuing 5 months but God documented 1260 days.

Revelation 11
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

JLB
Nothing in scripture saying these two witnesses are not gentiles.
This verse says they are.

Revelation 11:2 KJV: But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

And I agree the two witnesses call fire down from heaven because that it what the second beast does in revelation.
The two witnesses command the army of gentiles.Its a common practice to call fire down from heaven these days.

Revelation 11
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Fire commands are oral orders issued by leaders to focus and distribute fires as required achieving decisive effects against the enemy. They allow leaders to rapidly and concisely articulate their firing instructions using a standard format (Refer to TC 3-20.31-4 for more information).

Last edited:
Nothing in scripture saying these two witnesses are not gentiles.
This verse says they are.

Revelation 11:2 KJV: But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

And I agree the two witnesses call fire down from heaven because that it what the second beast does in revelation.
The two witnesses command the army of gentiles.Its a common practice to call fire down from heaven these days.

Revelation 11
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Fire commands are oral orders issued by leaders to focus and distribute fires as required achieving decisive effects against the enemy. They allow leaders to rapidly and concisely articulate their firing instructions using a standard format (Refer to TC 3-20.31-4 for more information).

Again nothing in scripture teaches that the two witnesses are Gentiles or “leaders” of some Gentile army.

These two witnesses are empowered by God to:

• Prophesy
  • Shut up heaven so that no rain falls
  • Turn the waters into blood
  • StrIke the earth with plagues
  • Kill people who try to harm them by fire from their mouth

These two witnesses are sent by God Himself, and do not lead some Gentile army.

JLB

if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. Rev.11:5
People assume those who hear the gospel and attempt to harm Gods' witnesses, are killed immediately, but our Lord told us,

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. Jn.12:48

People who despise the gospel are simply consumed by the witnesses testimony...on the last day,

He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me Lk.10:16

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jer.23:29

Can anyone see this?

If you say so Timothy.

Yet you have not suffered for his name.You didn't die for your testimony of Jesus.Have you even spent one day in prison because of your testimony of Jesus?

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

Mathew 5:11
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Did they really persecute you as they did the prophets before you?Do you even know who Jesus is talking to in Mathew 5:11?

Somehow you believe Revelation is being addressed to you,when in actuality it was written by and addressed to those living in tribulation.

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

But you insist the message contained in it addressing those in tribulation is for you.How did you come to the conclusion that you have suffered for Christs name and your in tribulation?

Again nothing in scripture teaches that the two witnesses are Gentiles or “leaders” of some Gentile army.

These two witnesses are empowered by God to:

• Prophesy
  • Shut up heaven so that no rain falls
  • Turn the waters into blood
  • StrIke the earth with plagues
  • Kill people who try to harm them by fire from their mouth

These two witnesses are sent by God Himself, and do not lead some Gentile army.

JLB
God didn't suddenly change the subject from gentiles to Jews.

Revelation 11
2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth

If you want to call the gentiles Jews and claim the Jews will occupy Jerusalem for 42 months then fine.But the word of God does not call them Jews.
No where are these gentiles who occupy Jerusalem for those 1260 days,are they ever called Jews.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back