Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Preventing a gay lifestyle from happening

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
W

whatlife

Hello. My situation truly sucks what's new, everyone's does. I have been a homosexual since I was a kid and I have been kept out of the lifestyle, staying away from it now for years, I'm almost thirty and haven't done real life sin. Nevertheless I'm sick of the urge and my life has been devastated by it. I hate my own guts for it and I have had a severe mental illness through which I found God over the last few years but nevertheless was only really insult to injury. I hope there are people out there who will pray for me to get over this. I believe in the power of prayer but I don't think my own prayers have much weight with God because of my anger and disappointment in him (which I want to be proven wrong about) as well as my dissolute mental sin. So I hope you can pray for me as a fellow christian who really wants to be delivered from this. I am so close to either leaving religion again and killing myself over this thing. Don't tell me not to feel bad about being homo it is destroying my life and making me absolutely mad. Also, if you don't have something nice to say please don't bother saying it. I am truly in need of a miracle.

I prayed for you, brother, and I have some good news for you! When Jesus died on the cross, he put to death your old man, the homosexual, and has made you reborn anew. So you are now "dead to sin, alive to God." Paul wrote extensively about this, dispairing in his own anguish yet running toward the wonderful truth in Romans 7:25

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.â€Â[a] 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. 12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank Godâ€â€through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Paul Goes on to say in Romans 8:4

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."

So don't despair. Jesus has conqured all of your foes, and the last enemy that will be defeated is death. You will see God.

Lord i have been where he has been, but you delivered me quickly and miraclously. He has been struggling and seeks you to deliver him, from the desire from the sin of homosexuality. I believe that you are able and believe it for him. Do it for your glory. In the name of jesus amen.

God is able to deliver you from this i used to be gay, like you, so i know it can be done fell free to pm me.

I will fast for you and ask that others do the same, for this spirit is a strong one.

jason

whatlife, you can be assured that our Lord hears and answers our prayers. I don't know why some prayers are answered quickly and some may go un-answered for years. KEEP ON PRAYING- you have the prayers of us here also. It's also OK to be angry with God, tell Him about it and maybe the pain will ease a little bit. God answers prayers all the time and still works miracles. You have my prayers.
KEEP ON PRAYING, Westtexas

^

Hi whatlife .. :wave , .. I am praying for you .. :pray ... God will deliver you from the bondage.

:amen

I have to say that being angry with God is misdirected anger, and it is not helpful nor healthy. Such anger grieves the Holy Spirit, who loves you. Just keep praying. The Bible says to "pray without ceasing" and "confess your sins to one another." You can count on us to love you and uphold you before the sight of the Lord.

whatlife said:
Hello. My situation truly *bleep* what's new, everyone's does. I have been a homosexual since I was a kid and I have been kept out of the lifestyle, staying away from it now for years, I'm almost thirty and haven't done real life sin. Nevertheless I'm sick of the urge and my life has been devastated by it. I hate my own guts for it and I have had a severe mental illness through which I found God over the last few years but nevertheless was only really insult to injury. I hope there are people out there who will pray for me to get over this. I believe in the power of prayer but I don't think my own prayers have much weight with God because of my anger and disappointment in him (which I want to be proven wrong about) as well as my dissolute mental sin. So I hope you can pray for me as a fellow christian who really wants to be delivered from this. I am so close to either leaving religion again and killing myself over this thing. Don't tell me not to feel bad about being homo it is destroying my life and making me absolutely mad. Also, if you don't have something nice to say please don't bother saying it. I am truly in need of a miracle.

Greetings "whatlife",

First of all, I would like to salute your frank admission here. May I say that I admire you? I'm a Christian and I don't say that lightly. You possess a courage that I am envious of. All Christians are commanded to be "instant in season and out of season" and yes, I do add my prayer to yours and to those prayers of other Christians who rightly understand the crisis you face (as you do).

When we speak of sexual sin we are by definition speaking of the kind of thing that can be rightly described as pernicious and insidious. There is a feeling that accompanies those types of sin (it's not just sexual sin that can be described that way) and the shame and hopelessness of the lies that surround such things are devastating. That's why God hates such things. We get entrapped into such sin and feel that there is no possibility of salvation, right? That's the very nature of sin itself --> so destructive to the relationship we need to have with God that our very salvation is challenged.

I can hear your heartfelt cry, "Where is any relief to be found? Where? I've searched and not found it." Yes, it is good to understand that the dilemma faced by real and pernicious, insidious, beguiling sin is designed to bring death. WE can not afford to misunderstand the motive of such things. The object and goal of sin is to bring death. All sin is set toward destruction. Part of the wickedness of homosexuality is found where others see such grand distinction between themselves and the sinner --but the bible shows us that all mankind is concluded to be under sin.

Homosexuality is by nature a sexual sin though. The lie that is believed is that it is somehow elevated to be a "special" sin from which there can be no repentance and when we make the mistake of thinking that temptation itself is sin, when we are brainwashed into thinking that every thought of that nature is sin, when we see again and again that there is no use and that God can not deliver us? We are indeed defeated before we even begin, are we not?

But then wait a moment. We need to become still inside and to listen. God says, "Come, let us reason together." He isn't bold when He declared the truth. It is not "boldness" but mere confidence when Jesus states, "Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." Temptation to sin isn't sin. There is a difference. If any person who is tempted into sexual sin simply resists the devil and does not sin we must understand that there was no sin committed. Mere temptation is normal and although we are ashamed (being taught of man and not of the Spirit) of the admission of such things it is a requirement --and one you have fulfilled by confession. Now what does the Bible say about that?

If we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us and to purge us of all unrighteousness. Okay, I didn't quote that exactly but my heart speaks the truth of it. God does forgive and in nowise will he turn away the broken and contrite heart. In nowise will your Father allow you to become convicted in your inner self and then simply leave you. All Christians go to Him and ask that the Mighty WayMaker make a way for them. We simply can not be tempted beyond our endurance because of this very thing --we know to look to Him, our Creator, to CREATE a way out for us. The thing you seek, that is the very deliverance you are diligently asking for, that very thing is the only requirement that is placed on you. Jesus paid the full price for all sin and this includes sexual sin too.

Am I untrained in ministry to those who have been ensnared in homosexual sin? How can that be? It simply is not the case and I'd like to ask your permission for me to become bold and declare that all Christians are trained in how to minister in this fashion. I can't help it if "we" don't avail ourselves of the full permission that God has granted to us. When we speak of sins that are "abominations" we MUST include every sin that God has declared thus. It is an abomination to even possess an uneven scale. If I were to say that "my sin" is forgiven BUT the sin that attempts to ensnare my brother is beyond God??? It's a pernicious and insidious sin, yes? It is particularly evil and wicked when Christians fail to understand the Heart of God about all sin. If any were to put their thumb on their side of the scale and conclude that "that sin" is so evil and "my own sin" isn't? What kind of think is that?? The leaven of the Pharisees abounds in that kink of thinking.

It's an abomination, that's what. We can not cut out Leviticus 18:22 and declare that this is the only abomination that mankind can commit. Now, I'm not trying to tell you, "It's okay," or don't "feel bad about being homo," but am saying that you are no different than me. I hate sin. So do you. Hate the fact that the Father of Lies is trying to torture my brother in Christ about sin that he so strongly resists. Hate it! There is now no comdemnation in Christ Jesus. You know this too. WE can not be separated from the Love of God BECAUSE that loves originates from God and is sent by Him to us. For us to be separated, our Redeemer would have to be given a grave insult --one that no Christian should tolerate. We know also that God hates this, the lie that such things can prevent you from coming to Him. Who was the Good Physician sent to anyway? Was it to those who were not sick? God forbid! If such were the case, no man could be saved.

Seems to me that you have come to a point where you would prefer to be a Eunuch for the sake of the Kingdom of God rather than to follow after anything that would lead you to fulfilling the lust of the flesh. Is that not the case?

Okay, hopefully there is enough here to "chew on" and I don't want to go on and on about this without giving you a chance to understand the message that I believe is being delivered through me from the Holy Spirit. Be assured that His spirit is indeed Holy and if you are being ministered to by Him and comforted (but not to make his Grace empty so we can continue sin -- but instead to really know the heart of Him who is willing to sacrifice His only begotten Son for our benefit) and if you are indeed comforted then we also know that this HOLY one who is utterly seperate from all sin --this very same Holy Spirit is also our Comforter and Teacher, then we also know what real hope there is. God loves you more than you can even know and has prepared a way for you. And I am here saying to you, 'whatlife', that Your redeemer IS strong.

I also noticed that this is your first post here on ChristianForums.net so it would be amiss of me to not offer you a warm and hearty W E L C O M E !

You are very Welcome and I, for one, am looking forward to the revealing of work that the Lord God is doing in you. Unto Him are all Praises due. Unto the one whom is forgiven much? There is much love. I am excited to see the new you and hope that you will continue and not draw back from the Light that you have so well implored and petitioned. He will in nowise turn you away. In nowise. He will not-not do that. :amen

Signed, your brother -Mighty to defeat the enemy, given weapons able (more than able) unto the pulling down of strongholds! In the Name of your King of Righteousness, Jesus, our Christ and Savior. Continue in your calling, my friend. There are many who need you and to hear your voice as you are given the victory, myself included.

~Sparrow

Welcome!
When thou comest into thy neighbour's vineyard, then thou mayest eat grapes thy fill at thine own pleasure; but thou shalt not put [any] in thy vessel. When thou comest into the standing corn of thy neighbour, then thou mayest pluck the ears with thine hand; but thou shalt not move a sickle unto thy neighbour's standing corn. (Deu 23:24-25 -KJV)

Hi I am so happy to see this post because my sister is a lesbian and I really didn't know whether she could break free from that because she seems to like her lifestyle but also claims to love God, I know have hope :) Please don't give up ! God will not give up on you, you have come boldly to God and confessed your sin and you have been forgiven, you will be tempted but I pray you will be able to stomp on that demon and resist him! You are a very brave man to discuss this and ask for prayer I wish others and even myself at times could be so bold as to ask for prayer on personal matters, good for you! Jesus loves you and will always love you and be there even in your darkest hours, he is there, do not fear, and do not give up.

Dear God in Jesus name we ask forgiveness for all of our sins and we thank you for loving us so much and for all that you give us. I lift this man up to you dear Lord , touch him and make him see how much you love him, give him courage and hope in Jesus name. I pray that he overcome the evil one and that 10,000 angels of the Lord Jesus christ go to battle for this man. I pray for wisdom, love, hope, mercy, and your will for this mans life. He has shown himself to be a good man of God and you know his heart, bless him and help him through this trying time, in Jesus holy name we pray AMEN and AMEN!!!!!

God bless you!!

cristy83 said:
You are a very brave man to discuss this and ask for prayer I wish others and even myself at times could be so bold as to ask for prayer on personal matters,

Dear God in Jesus name we ask forgiveness for all of our sins and we thank you for loving us so much and for all that you give us. I lift this man up to you dear Lord , touch him and make him see how much you love him, give him courage and hope in Jesus name. I pray that he overcome the evil one and that 10,000 angels of the Lord Jesus christ go to battle for this man. I pray for wisdom, love, hope, mercy, and your will for this mans life. He has shown himself to be a good man of God and you know his heart, bless him and help him through this trying time, in Jesus holy name we pray AMEN and AMEN!!!!!

God bless you!!
Lord Jesus, yes! For cristy83's unspoken prayers. Recall the prayer offered here for others that You may also lift the unspoken concerns. It isn't easy to openly admit our needs but each one of does need You and we are together here lifting the concerns that we have for each other to You. Meet our needs, Jesus. Mine and all who join here, spoken and unspoken. We especially want You to establish us in righteousness and fortify us against sexual sin and be with us to strengthen each one in the time of temptation that we may learn to flee all forms of fornication and sexual sin. This for each and also for our loved ones. You are Mighty and You alone are worthy. Let the redeemed say so as they continue to understand more about the deliverance of You, our Mighty God.
:amen

"whatlife".
My suggestion to you is abstain from the very appearance of evil. When we are found weak in something, it only causes each of us more grief, to be in surroundings that provide temptations for those weaknesses.
Get involved in a church that does not promote homosexuality. Don't bother telling them you are homosexual. Not all Christians are understanding. You need positive input.
If you are "aids" positive, please show care though...as in sharing cups etc. (I am not assuming anything here).
If you are going to share the truth with someone...make sure you get to know them a bit. Divulging things like this in a church group is not a good idea. There are a lot of Christians that still are backbiters. Don't expect approval from good Christians either.
Your mind needs renewing.
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

One of the worst things a believer can do, that wants to break away from sin...is keep looking over the sins and regrets of the past. This does nothing to help. It only provides more temptation.

If you really want to break free, start with a whole new train of FAITH thoughts.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
Repentance is absolutely necessary...but...the easiest way for the enemy of our souls to get at us is... keep reviewing everything you ever did wrong , and everything you wish would have been different.
This does not solve the problem. New life in Christ , comes from new thoughts of faith.... which God is happy to help you with.

King David could have spent the rest of his life in regret for his sins. Instead he repented...encouraged himself in the Lord... and went on with God. That is the answer.

I can't imagine what you are going through, my friend. It seems like one of the hardest things I can think of. The human sex drive is really strong, and to suppress it for this long (or permanently) seem a monumental feat.

whatlife~

First, I would like to re-iterate the godly advice you have been given here...

Justvisiting wrote:
Your mind needs renewing.
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

One of the worst things a believer can do, that wants to break away from sin...is keep looking over the sins and regrets of the past. This does nothing to help. It only provides more temptation.

If you really want to break free, start with a whole new train of FAITH thoughts.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Php 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

And make note of truth to thwart disbelief ...

AsktheA wrote:
The human sex drive is really strong, and to suppress it for this long (or permanently) seem a monumental feat.

What "SEEMS" monumental in task to the worldly, is no difficult task to the Creator of heaven and earth! This is the VERY work of God, to do what is impossible~ that is why we believe in Him and not in anything else~ :yes

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 :thumb

Trust ONLY in God, and He will perform all that he desires within you~ I am praying for your COMPLETE deliverance!

sheshisown~

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back