Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Pride

oscar3 said:
So Jay T
You say that Jesus was a 7th day adventist. Explain this to me please.
Jesus Christ kept the 7th day sabbath......
John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Every doctrine the SDA church has, is founded upon the Bible, the word of God.....
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..."

That is why I left Sunday-keeping churches, because they do not teach the Bible truths.
Did he also study under Ellen G white?
Ellen White, Studied under Jesus Christ.

Those who reject E. White as a messenger from God, also reject many Bible verses.
In other words: Those who believe the WHOLE BIBLE, also realize E. White as a messenger from God.

I have a question... Why is my thread concerning Pride being hi-jacked by Ellen White?? I don't care if Ellen White was a messenger from God or not.. Start you're own topic about this.

Atone
Actually, IN MY OPINION, these responses by Jay T fit with the OP perfectly.
Only a man with way too much pride can respond in the ways Jay T does.....

He worships his religion instead of Jesus Christ as is obvious by his postings,''IMO''.....

Jay T believes that Jesus was a 7th day adventist,
''even though Jesus broke the law of the Sabbath'' over and over again.

Jay T believes ''Ellen White, Studied under Jesus Christ.

Those who reject E. White as a messenger from God, also reject many Bible verses.
In other words: Those who believe the WHOLE BIBLE, also realize E. White as a messenger from God.''

So what does this tell ya?

1) That he is trully Lost .....
2) That he loves his religion more than Jesus....
3) That he has no clue as to what the bible says and teaches.....
4) He has too much pride to admit that his beliefs are wrong and needs to repent.....
5) He has too much pride to admit that his beliefs are wrong and needs to repent.....

IN MY OPINION.......

I'm actually a little behind on my religious vocabulary. What exactly does a 7th Day Adventist believe and who is Ellen White?

Ah so Ellen G. White as a prophet to the 7th day adventists is kinda parallel to some Pentecostal's practice of going to "Toronto" to get a Spirit filling? Both extrabiblical observations claiming spiritual authority?

Cyber, Being a Prophet and being Spirit-filled is Biblical. Show me a verse that says this is not true? Ellen White is a false Prophhet.

May God bless, golfjack

Re: reply

golfjack said:
Cyber, Being a Prophet and being Spirit-filled is Biblical. Show me a verse that says this is not true? Ellen White is a false Prophhet.
When I hear someone say this.......I know that they are also willing to reject some writings of Paul.....as well as, what Jesus Christ HIMSELF said....and, I can prove this fact.

Anytime someone rejects something God is trying to say...they NEVER stop as just one rejection of truth...but go on to reject other things, that they don't want to hear God say.

Anyone want to challenge me on that ?

I'd be glad to show Bible verse(s) which the modern Christian world will not accept.

Jay T said:
Ellen White, Studied under Jesus Christ.

In other words: Those who believe the WHOLE BIBLE, also realize E. White as a messenger from God.

Jay T.
Since you are a part of this sect, can you explain to me why you call yourself a Christ follower and and ellen G white follower all in the same breath?

http://www.ellenwhite.org/quotes.htm

You friend are a false teacher. I base this on your quote above

"Christ did not make the atonement when he shed his blood upon the cross. Let this fact be fixed forever in the mind."
--Uriah Smith, Looking Unto Jesus, p. 237.

Special note to Seventh-day Adventists: This may be the most important web page you ever read. Please keep on open mind as you read it carefully and prayerfully.

oscar3 said:
Jay T.
Since you are a part of this sect, can you explain to me why you call yourself a Christ follower and and ellen G white follower all in the same breath?
It is kind of hard to explain to someone who does not believe in the 'whole' Bible.
BUT, I'm willing to try......

One thing needs to be remembered, and that is, that Ellen White...NEVER....called herself a Prophet !
You will NEVER find anything she ever wrote where she called herslf a Prophet.

Everything she ever wrote has already been mention in the Bible....she merely went into greater detail, so it was easier to understand.

The Lord revealed to her that had the Christian understood the Bible in the first place, God would have never had to explain things in greater detail.

I have found in my experience that when a person rejects what E. White says....it is because they have already rejected what the Bible has said on the same topic !

NO ONE can reject the Bible and believe in Ellen White's writings......
NO ONE can reject Ellen White writings and believe the Bible either.

To reject one, means one has to reject the other......
A FACT THAT I'M WILLING TO PROVE, ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE !

I can easily prove that those whom reject Ellen white have already rejected words of the Apostle Paul....and, Jesus Christ HIMSELF.
"Christ did not make the atonement when he shed his blood upon the cross. Let this fact be fixed forever in the mind."
True enough, for anyone who has studied the Book of Hebrews, very carefully !
Because in the Book of Hebrews (and Revelation) is, told what Jesus Christ is doing at this moment, in the Heavenly Sanctuary.

oscar3 said:
Jay T.
Since you are a part of this sect,
Oh, you mean the people that God has identified ....in the Bible....as HIS ?
can you explain to me why you call yourself a Christ follower and and ellen G white follower all in the same breath?
Well, first Ellen White taught exacly the same things Jesus Christ did.....
Jesus Christ told us the keeping the commandments of God, was required, to get into heaven (Matthew 19:16,17 & Revelation 22:14....ect....ect....ect...ect...ect...ect...ect.)

True enough for those who have studied the books of Hebrews & Revelation, in the Bible !

Jay T said:
It is kind of hard to explain to someone who does not believe in the 'whole' Bible.
BUT, I'm willing to try...... [/b]

What is the whole bible. Are the writings of ellen G wHITE A part of them?

This is such a good topic. Pride can be the ruin of many things in our lives. I thought I would relate an example of this in my own life.

My marriage was on the brink of disaster. For many years I dealt with the suspicion that my husband was being unfaithful. When I finally started receiving confirmation, I knew I had to do something about it. It couldn't go on as it was. I really couldn't see any other option but divorce. So I turned to God for an answer. I read all the scriptures more thoroughly concerning marriage and prayed for direction. I saw the "loop hole" regarding unfaithfulness, which would have been an easy way out. But I still loved my husband and we'd been together 25 yrs. So I made the decision to trust in the Lord to guide me. My purpose was to bring our marriage back.

It's truly amazing how the Lord teaches us as we depend on Him and gives us the strength to carry through. The biggest obstical was my pride. I had to swallow it many times, especially when people would gossip about how foolish I was to remain in my marriage. It's very hard to hear others tell you you're weak or even crazy to stick around. I'm sure you know what a blow to the ego that can be.

God showed me so many things during that time and I watched Him work a miracle in our lives. And I'm telling you, if it weren't for the Lord showing me that I must overcome pride, I wouldn't be hear testifying to the wonderful marriage I have today.

Pride, when not dealt with, keeps us from looking to God for all things. That's the biggest danger with Pride. I will keep us from growing in our Lord.

God Bless, Pat

jgredline said:
What is the whole bible. Are the writings of ellen G wHITE A part of them?
The Whole Bible includes the Old Testament and the New Testament, that's all !

As I've said before, had the Christian world studied their Bible to understand it, God would have NEVER had to use E. White.

Jay T said:
As I've said before, had the Christian world studied their Bible to understand it, God would have NEVER had to use E. White.

:o :roll: :o :roll: :o
So you are saying that God used a ''demon inspired women named Ellen G White'' to forward his message because the Christian world did or does not understand it. :o

Jay T said:
BUT, I'm willing to try......

One thing needs to be remembered, and that is, that Ellen White...NEVER....called herself a Prophet !
You will NEVER find anything she ever wrote where she called herslf a Prophet.
Ellen G. White thought her work much more than a prophet's work as she makes the following statement,
  • "I know that many have called me a prophet, but I have made no claim to this title…Why have I not claimed to be a prophet?--Because… my work includes much more than the word 'prophet' signifies".
  • (Selected Messages I, 31+32, 1906)
The Official Seventh-day Adventist website calls Ellen G. White, "God's Messenger", and edifies her writings as being able to provide "the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction".
  • 18. The Gift of Prophecy:
    One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White . As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.)
Jay T said:
Everything she ever wrote has already been mention in the Bible....she merely went into greater detail, so it was easier to understand.

The Lord revealed to her that had the Christian understood the Bible in the first place, God would have never had to explain things in greater detail.
One of the mistakes that Seventh-day Adventists make is that they esteem the teachings of Ellen G. White and the General Council of Seventh-day Adventists to be on the same level as God's Word. Some even suggest that Ellen G. White can give a better understanding of the Word of God than the Holy Spirit can to the average believer. I would suggest that anyone who feels that Ellen G. White can explain the Word of God in better detail than the Holy Spirit's interpretation, does not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them; and that Ellen G. White makes more sense to them because spiritual things cannot be understood by the natural man.

Jay T said:
I have found in my experience that when a person rejects what E. White says....it is because they have already rejected what the Bible has said on the same topic !

NO ONE can reject the Bible and believe in Ellen White's writings......
NO ONE can reject Ellen White writings and believe the Bible either.

To reject one, means one has to reject the other......
A FACT THAT I'M WILLING TO PROVE, ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE !
You are correct. In order to believe Ellen G. White, one must reject the Bible; and in order to believe the Bible, one must reject Ellen G. White.

You have chosen Ellen G. White, and I have chosen the Bible.

Jay T said:
I can easily prove that those whom reject Ellen white have already rejected words of the Apostle Paul....and, Jesus Christ HIMSELF.[/b]
A true prophet or messenger from God will not contradict the Word of God at any time in his/her ministry. Let us look at where Ellen G. White has contradicted the Word of God:

jgredline said:
:o :roll: :o :roll: :o
So you are saying that God used a ''demon inspired women named Ellen G White'' to forward his message because the Christian world did or does not understand it. :o
12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Had you read the Bible you'd have known that satan is at WAR....with any messneger, from God (Revelation 12:17).

Jay T said:
Had you read the Bible you'd have known that satan is at WAR....with any messneger, from God (Revelation 12:17).

Yes, I could not agree more...This is why Satan is not at war with you....
Preaching the teachings of Ellen G White is in direct oposition to Gods word....
Jesus said you are with me or your against me.....You have choses Ellen G White....

Perhaps you misunderstood me. As for the Spirit filling I meant that in the sense that many Pentescostals believe you have to go to a specific location and have hands laid on you to recieve a Spirit Filling, namely Toronto. Toronto is almost the Mecca of the Pentecostals, and they'll hajj hundreds of miles just to go to it. The filling of God's Spirit is not reserved to a specific location! And I honestly think some of these more radical Pentecostal practices hinge upon the occultic.

As for the Prophet bit, yes prophecy is gift but it is not given to people as a position of infallible authority. Prophecy is used to reveal God's word as it has already been given (and often Pastors have it - if indeed they were called into their ministry), but the order of Old Testament Prophets is gone and over and died with John the Baptist. If there ever is a person who claims to have the gift of prophecy and draws attention to themself as a beacon of truth and authority, then we must either append their "prophecies" to the end of the Bible or reject them as false representations of God's Word.

Back