Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

r_u_scared?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No doubt we should have a plan to help sort out other countries and to be successful at it instead of half hearted about it. But who makes the plan? And the issue of stripping a country of power or honoring their sovernity in their land is an issue. I don't trust some of the ideals coming from the UN to enforce on other countries, and I doubt we will have a better view of how to help unless we're willing to go all in, and get really involved in that country. (Like how the US has done with Japan after they lost so much in WWII).

The thing is, they are already intervening in other countries. Its just that so much of the time the interventions do the opposite of what was intended. I'm wondering if they can't come up with a sensible plan that actually helps, perhaps they should just stay out of it (sanctions, jet sorties, drug wars). Maybe they should figure out how to fix the USA, then the skill to help others will be available. Things like prolonging the civil war in Syria have just led to millions of refugees invading Europe.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Matthew 7:3-5 KJV

I don't have a streight solution, because I've found out that the US is giving aid to several countries, but that aid doesn't seem to be a big enough deterrent from the issues that plague them.
Foreign aid has not only been a band aid solution, but actually a disaster. Yet nobody has called it for what it is, and found a different solution for the countries which need "aid" (which they really don't). Every country in the world has enough resources to be able to give its citizens a decent standard of living. But it is always the top 1% who grab all the wealth, as well as the foreign aid, and leave the rest in poverty.

Just like the rest of the world, Mexico and Central America hate the USA and are shipping their problems north. Yet, once again, no president nor politician has been willing to face this stark reality, and deal with it appropriately. A proper and seriously militarized border wall should have been in place 100 years ago, and yet everyone continues to dither (including the erection of an ineffective border fence, instead of a wall), and now the Leftists are called for (1) open borders, (2) the abolishing of ICE, (3) the establishment of sanctuary cities and states, (4) giving felons and illegals the right to vote, and (5) over-burdening the welfare system when the nation is bankrupt, and on and on it goes.

Why not simply call for total lawlessness, anarchy, and chaos in America, since that is exactly what they want? The globalists and the jihadists want to see America destroyed from within, as do the Left-Liberal Democrats and RINOs.

Yes, you know, a countries boarder that is the governemnt duty to do it's best to protect the country and citizens from illegal activity like drugs from entering the country that ruin society, and other things like preventing terrorists from freely entering the country, and pest and diseases that could wipe out crops or infect other people like swine flu and bird flu? . That is what a countries boarder and bio security is for.

If there's a hole in the boarder you fix it. Trump wants to protect all the people within the country as it's his duty. I don't agree with Trump on some things and I think he's a bit of a idiot, but in this case he wants to do his job.

Last edited:
The president's primary responsibility is national security. But much more could have been done right at the start of Trump's presidency.

All it comes down to is it's the governments duty to defend and protect the country it rules over and the people within it as best it can.

So the countries boarder is number one. I mean sure there are issues within a country, but boarder security is defending the country.

Like I said, if there is a hole in the wall you fix it to prevent random individuals you don't even know or what there intentions are from entering the country.

There is nothing greater than a countries boarder and bio security.

Unfortunately and I have no idea why, some people seem to think it has something to do with the amount of melanin in a persons skin or there ethnicity or there religion and say boarders and walls are racist, they must be a bit deluded or something. I don't even think of something as pathetic as that because the color of someone's skin or there ethnicity or there religion is the last thing on my mind when it comes to boarder security and immigration. And I get called the racist for my view.

People will get scutinised when they go through the legal system and it's for a reason, and when they are allowed inside then they are free.

I'm not really that fussed about overstayers as they have already legally been through the system and have not been found to be a problem or threat to society even they should abide by the law and apply for a permanent resident visa to stay longer as that is the next step as authorities will see if while they are in the country they have not caused any problems or are possible problems, like have joined a violent gang, linked to terrorists, or have convictions, and so on.

That is really the best a countries authorities can do to protect the country and people within it, and some people do and will get turned away for different reasons that get looked into and where the country will come to a decision when people want to enter or want to stay longer term.

It's more people illegally entering the country through a hole in the boarder where I see the issue.

Last edited:
In the 1980s and 90s about a thousand Egyptian citizens who participated in the Jihad versus Russian occupation of Afghanistan returned to Egypt. Many of them founded a terrorist group that then attacked Egypt. Authorities learned from this experience that hardened terrorists can't easily be rehabilitated. Egypt is resisting accepting back citizens who participated in ISIS and such, because most of them just can't be safely put back into peaceful society. Many of them were told by ISIS leaders to go back to their home countries, and start terrorist groups there. The SDF has imprisoned 9000 ISIS terrorist combatants and 60,000 people that the terrorists have indoctrinated. Nobody wants them, because it would mean raising yet another generation of terrorists within their borders The SDF doesn't have the resources to house them indefinitely, and wants them out of Kurdish territory.

Hardened terrorists like this should never be allowed to mingle with general population in the United States. Hardened terrorists need to be kept out.

OTOH, there should be a legal way for honest and peaceful Christians to come into the USA. They are an asset to the country, and tend to do a good job at their employers. A background check should be made to make sure they are honest citizens, and their pastors should be asked how they treat other Christians.

Step one. You go through the system legally to enter the country because you have no choice as there is no holes in the boarder and security will analize your intentions.

Yes, I'm in favor of checking out whomever enters the country, to keep out villains.

I am also in favor of inviting any honest, peaceful, and hard working Christians to legally enter the USA. If they want to. I believe that such Christians are an asset to our country, and we should welcome them with open arms.

The world has issues.
What it boils down to that the those who govern the countries of the world have all turned traitor, and seek to destroy their own countries, while taking full advantage of their positions for personal gain. The issues can all be easily addressed, since there is more than enough wealth in the world to do so.

What it boils down to that the those who govern the countries of the world have all turned traitor, and seek to destroy their own countries, while taking full advantage of their positions for personal gain. The issues can all be easily addressed, since there is more than enough wealth in the world to do so.

The thing is there has to be evidence for someones intentions. I believe some world leaders are destroying there own country becauae they are so weak, but maybe they acturally do believe they are doing the right thing so that means there intentions are not bad they are just soft and weak. It's not like they purpously are doing it and being treasonous trying to destroy the country type thing. They just love being praised and admired beacuse they are weak and don't focus on the real issues, and just like everyone else they also get brainwashed.

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
I think the list of accomplishments can go on that would say, without love they are worthless. Not just spiritual things like fasting and charity (to boast about) or great understanding of angels and prophicies. It can be applied to having a great country, protecting the boarders, building up a nation. All of those without love.....

We can be law abiding witbout being loving. We can also be loving for some people and break the rules for them at the expense of those that the laws were ment to protect.

With that in mind there's no easy solution for a border. At least not in my opinion. To protect the citizens here (and love them), you tighten the border. To show compassion and kindness even a second chance to foreigners, you loosen the border. Either path though I support the border wall. Crossing into the US has been made known to be dangerous and people die in human smuggling or starvation and thirst crossing remote places in the border. If there is any love for the foreigner, there must be a deterrent from this dangerous path. If there is any love for our citizens then there is support for the wall to help protect us as well.

To show compassion and kindness even a second chance to foreigners, you loosen the border.
That would be counterproductive. To show compassion and kindness, you compel the foreign governments responsible for creating problems to deal with them effectively, so that their citizens are not forced to flee and break immigration laws. For example "after months of negotiations" when Mr. Trump made a new trade deal with Mexico in August, 2018, he had a golden opportunity to properly address the issue of illegal immigration from (and through) Mexico, and how it tied in with trade between the USA and Mexico. But he failed to use that opportunity.

And now, after 10 months, he is talking about using tariffs against Mexico to deal with the issue because it has gotten out of hand. But at that time, and before signing any trade deal, he could have had a serious joint-meeting with all the heads of state for Central America and Mexico, thrashed out all the issues in depth, and achieved his objectives for national security and fair trade at the same time.

And everyone (other than jihadists) is welcome to go through the proper procedure for legally entering another country as an immigrant.

That would be counterproductive. To show compassion and kindness, you compel the foreign governments responsible for creating problems to deal with them effectively, so that their citizens are not forced to flee and break immigration laws. For example "after months of negotiations" when Mr. Trump made a new trade deal with Mexico in August, 2018, he had a golden opportunity to properly address the issue of illegal immigration from (and through) Mexico, and how it tied in with trade between the USA and Mexico. But he failed to use that opportunity.

And now, after 10 months, he is talking about using tariffs against Mexico to deal with the issue because it has gotten out of hand. But at that time, and before signing any trade deal, he could have had a serious joint-meeting with all the heads of state for Central America and Mexico, thrashed out all the issues in depth, and achieved his objectives for national security and fair trade at the same time.

And everyone (other than jihadists) is welcome to go through the proper procedure for legally entering another country as an immigrant.

There's more options out there then just loosen or tighten the border. But it seems to get simplified down to that perspective a lot. People try to get sanctuary cities in an act of defence of the law as a way to protect the illegal immigrants they feel compassion for, and in that way they act for loosening the border. It's an act of compassion even if it causes more harm then good in those cities, by protecting criminals and causing more danger for the area.

I won't go so far as saying it's counter productive as much as I'd say it's just a bad idea or unwise. But for the people not being thrown out and given a chance, it's a welcomed act of kindness.

As for Trump. I hope he can keep surprising me for the better. But for now I think the immigration issue is bigger then he can solve. Unless we can make the other countries better the problem of illegal immigration will continue to be on our door steps. But if Donald Trump can help us with a wall, that's progress. Regardless if people want tighter borders, or make it easier for them, a wall should be a good thing because it will make it safer regardless.

Yes, you know, a countries boarder that is the governemnt duty to do it's best to protect the country and citizens from illegal activity like drugs from entering the country that ruin society, and other things like preventing terrorists from freely entering the country, and pest and diseases that could wipe out crops or infect other people like swine flu and bird flu? . That is what a countries boarder and bio security is for.

If there's a hole in the boarder you fix it. Trump wants to protect all the people within the country as it's his duty. I don't agree with Trump on some things and I think he's a bit of a idiot, but in this case he wants to do his job.
I was saying it's spelled "border" not "boarder". Trump has made the same mistake before. A "boarder" is someone who pays to dine in a house. Room and board is a room and meals.

I was saying it's spelled "border" not "boarder". Trump has made the same mistake before. A "boarder" is someone who pays to dine in a house. Room and board is a room and meals.

Well I think i might blame auto text. Its always something else's fault, not my own for not proofreading before i posted. Lol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back