Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

r_u_scared?

NNS,

In my view, that is why refugee status has to be checked carefully. Sometimes that's difficult. I see where the Australian government has sent another boat of asylum seekers back to Sri Lanka.

Oz

Oz

I agree that the government should do a thorough job checking those coming into the country.

In spite of the difficulty, if it isn't handeled right and those coming in are found out to be a danger, or cause danger while there; then the public will likely have a reaction to not support refugees coming into their country. I don't blame that stance, expecially if many of them are known terrorists being let in. It harms our trust in the government agencies that check refugees, and allow dangerous people to come in. As well as harms our hospitality to those coming to our countries that are in need. The terrorist acts in Europe over the years that stem from a growing from Isoamic refugees only adds to the issue of people wanting to restrict access to their country, and tighten borders.

In the US, there are many states that face the issue of illegal immigration head on because they are a state bordering the Mexican border. Many other states in the US don't see the effects head on and there is less or no support for tighter borders and a border wall. Right now I support a border wall, because I hope it can help illegal immigration from being the dangerous endever it is for those crossing the border illegally; and hopefully can reduce the influx of drug and people smuggling that harms the US as much as it does. Those who don't agree with the wall, also aren't posing any other solutions to the issues that face illegal immigration. It doesn't help their view in my opinion.

WM,

Question: "Did Jesus come only for the Jews and not the Gentiles?"

Therefore, it is the will of Jesus to minister practical help to the non-Christians in our midst. In his day, it included the Gentiles, Canaanites, Romans and Samaritans.

In your country and mine, shouldn't we as Christians be ministering to the asylum seekers (including seeking protection from persecution), providing food, clothing and housing for the various foreign minority groups in our countries?

By making that suggestion, I do not endorse allowing minority groups being allowed to become rabble-rousers in gangs and drug traffickers.

Jesus, during his ministry on earth, presented enough evidence for Christians to be involved in serving those who are not Christians and are from other ethnic groups.

Oz

Totally agree. It is working out how to do this that is so difficult.

The terrorist acts in Europe over the years that stem from a growing from Islamic refugees only adds to the issue of people wanting to restrict access to their country, and tighten borders.
Are you aware that the Western European governments and police forces have been deliberately suppressing the truth about the Islamic atrocities and terrorism within their countries?
Political Correctness Protects Muslim Rape Culture

They have been trying to give the impression that the matter is not as serious as it really is. And they know deep down that they have betrayed their citizens and their countries, but continue to do the same evil deeds regardless.

Oz

I agree that the government should do a thorough job checking those coming into the country.

In spite of the difficulty, if it isn't handeled right and those coming in are found out to be a danger, or cause danger while there; then the public will likely have a reaction to not support refugees coming into their country. I don't blame that stance, expecially if many of them are known terrorists being let in. It harms our trust in the government agencies that check refugees, and allow dangerous people to come in. As well as harms our hospitality to those coming to our countries that are in need. The terrorist acts in Europe over the years that stem from a growing from Isoamic refugees only adds to the issue of people wanting to restrict access to their country, and tighten borders.

In the US, there are many states that face the issue of illegal immigration head on because they are a state bordering the Mexican border. Many other states in the US don't see the effects head on and there is less or no support for tighter borders and a border wall. Right now I support a border wall, because I hope it can help illegal immigration from being the dangerous endever it is for those crossing the border illegally; and hopefully can reduce the influx of drug and people smuggling that harms the US as much as it does. Those who don't agree with the wall, also aren't posing any other solutions to the issues that face illegal immigration. It doesn't help their view in my opinion.

NNS,

Excellent observations.

I find it interesting that the US does not have a similar worry for a wall along the Canadian border. I know that Canada is one Western country and your southern border is a gate for many nations, not only Mexico, but also those south of Mexico:
Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador and Costa Rica.

How many come across the Mexican border from Colombia and the larger nations in South America?

Oz

our immigration polices are stupid. a man i go to church with married a woman from the philippines. she has done all the legal mumbo jumbo they have paid out close to 25 thousand dollars . she has a .B,A degree in computer science .the u.s will not recognize her education.. let alone h.s grad had she been from the middle east they would accept it . yet some yahoo who comes in as a bum illegal . we give them a check

I don't know. For instance a friend of mine has a large landscaping business. He gave up hiring "Americans" years ago because he was sick and tired of the poor work and unreliability. He went with all Hispanics and he can't say enough about the quality and effort.
I don't know if any are illegal or not.
But those aren't bums.

I don't know. For instance a friend of mine has a large landscaping business. He gave up hiring "Americans" years ago because he was sick and tired of the poor work and unreliability. He went with all Hispanics and he can't say enough about the quality and effort.
But those aren't bums.
when i say illegals they come in undetected . he probably hires those with work permits

But those aren't bums.

There are hard workers everywhere. There should be no discrimination.

Last edited:
In your country and mine, shouldn't we as Christians be ministering to the asylum seekers...
The term "asylum seekers" is being deliberately abused and misused for nefarious purposes. A recent UN study (of all places) showed that less than 1% of those claiming refugee status were genuine refugees.

Migrant invaders are NOT asylum seekers, but "warriors" in a war of attrition against the West, supported by the likes of George Soros and other evil men. When will naive Westerners wake up to the realities of what is happening in the world today?

The concept of legal immigration has been thoroughly destroyed over the last few years, and the concept of genuine asylum seekers has been thoroughly abused.

If Christians want to do something about the destitute and the disadvantaged, there are plenty of genuine citizens in every nation (including widows and orphans) who need a helping hand.

Are you aware that the Western European governments and police forces have been deliberately suppressing the truth about the Islamic atrocities and terrorism within their countries?
Political Correctness Protects Muslim Rape Culture

They have been trying to give the impression that the matter is not as serious as it really is. And they know deep down that they have betrayed their citizens and their countries, but continue to do the same evil deeds regardless.

I've heard of things like this. And I'm sure your right that this is obscured to seem like it's a smaller deal then it is, but every time I hear it or simular stories I think "it's still going on? And getting worse?" I don't want to travel to Europe any time soon because it seems ripe for terrorism, with little or no action done for it.

NNS,

Excellent observations.

I find it interesting that the US does not have a similar worry for a wall along the Canadian border. I know that Canada is one Western country and your southern border is a gate for many nations, not only Mexico, but also those south of Mexico:
Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador and Costa Rica.

How many come across the Mexican border from Colombia and the larger nations in South America?

Oz

A lot come from the south. Farther south then Mexico. I think the best that can be offered is not for them to come to the US, but for their counties to be better. No one wants to leave everything behind and go to a country that shows it doesn't want you. But what can we do? There is something that needs to be done in the central and southern Americas. And it's too large to fix as far as I can tell. (Not that they would all want the US's help, nor is it unreasonable to be suspicious of another country's unsolited help). If we had the ability to just recieve everyone I think I would support it. I use to think that way before understanding more of the sitution.

As for Canada's border, as far as I can tell they aren't rushing down to the US nor are they the cause of the drug cartels and trafficking issues that we are having from the south. Border security has high tended I'm sure, but I doubt a wall is needed.

The secret Bilderberg meeting is on at the moment. This year Kushner and Big Tech was invited to Switzerland along with mainstream media reps.

Last edited:
The term "asylum seekers" is being deliberately abused and misused for nefarious purposes. A recent UN study (of all places) showed that less than 1% of those claiming refugee status were genuine refugees.

Migrant invaders are NOT asylum seekers, but "warriors" in a war of attrition against the West, supported by the likes of George Soros and other evil men. When will naive Westerners wake up to the realities of what is happening in the world today?

The concept of legal immigration has been thoroughly destroyed over the last few years, and the concept of genuine asylum seekers has been thoroughly abused.

If Christians want to do something about the destitute and the disadvantaged, there are plenty of genuine citizens in every nation (including widows and orphans) who need a helping hand.

Nathan,

You've missed my point.

Both OT & NT affirm ministry to the poor, widows and orphans and not restricted to one's own country. That's why I've supported Compassion children for many years and am currently helping a person working where I live who has applied for a Protection Visa.

This is what Scripture teaches:

Psalm 41:1,'Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble' (NLT).

James 1:27, 'Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you' (NLT). This does not restrict care to people in one's own country.

Jeremiah 7:5-7 directly addresses the point we are discussing:

'But I will be merciful only if you stop your evil thoughts and deeds and start treating each other with justice; only if you stop exploiting foreigners, orphans, and widows; only if you stop your murdering; and only if you stop harming yourselves by worshiping idols. Then I will let you stay in this land that I gave to your ancestors to keep forever' (NLT).​

While this last verse is addressed to the OT people of God, the Israelites, it applies to NT believers. Stop cheating or taking advantage of foreigners, orphans and widows in your midst or in other countries.

How many farmers in the USA are exploiting the Mexican illegals working on their farms? Who works for the lowest wages? The Mexicans or locals?

I lived for 7 years in the USA, including southern CA where there were plenty of working Mexicans on low, low wages.

Oz

A lot come from the south. Farther south then Mexico. I think the best that can be offered is not for them to come to the US, but for their counties to be better. No one wants to leave everything behind and go to a country that shows it doesn't want you. But what can we do? There is something that needs to be done in the central and southern Americas. And it's too large to fix as far as I can tell. (Not that they would all want the US's help, nor is it unreasonable to be suspicious of another country's unsolited help). If we had the ability to just recieve everyone I think I would support it. I use to think that way before understanding more of the sitution.

As for Canada's border, as far as I can tell they aren't rushing down to the US nor are they the cause of the drug cartels and trafficking issues that we are having from the south. Border security has high tended I'm sure, but I doubt a wall is needed.

NNS,

As mentioned in my last post, I know of some of the USA issues with illegals coming over the southern border as I lived in southern CA.

This may be thinking too simplistically, but I get frustrated with Western governments that bombed Iraq, Iran and Syria but don't seem to have the same motivation to help countries of central and south America and Africa deal with domestic and international issues - apart from giving aid. I have questions about that also and how it is distributed.

World Vision Australia claims:

On average, Australians think we invest 16% of the Federal Budget on overseas aid, and believe that we should be spending something closer to 12%. In reality, Australia spends $4.044 billion dollars on overseas aid – that’s just 0.21% of our gross national income, or 21 cents in every $100.​
In comparison, the United Kingdom has enshrined a commitment to spend 0.7% of GNI in aid every year into law. We are lagging behind other wealthy countries such as Sweden, who contribute 1.1 per cent of GNI, the Netherlands at 0.65 per cent, and Germany at 0.41 per cent.​

Oz

NNS,

As mentioned in my last post, I know of some of the USA issues with illegals coming over the southern border as I lived in southern CA.

This may be thinking too simplistically, but I get frustrated with Western governments that bombed Iraq, Iran and Syria but don't seem to have the same motivation to help countries of central and south America and Africa deal with domestic and international issues - apart from giving aid. I have questions about that also and how it is distributed.

World Vision Australia claims:

On average, Australians think we invest 16% of the Federal Budget on overseas aid, and believe that we should be spending something closer to 12%. In reality, Australia spends $4.044 billion dollars on overseas aid – that’s just 0.21% of our gross national income, or 21 cents in every $100.​
In comparison, the United Kingdom has enshrined a commitment to spend 0.7% of GNI in aid every year into law. We are lagging behind other wealthy countries such as Sweden, who contribute 1.1 per cent of GNI, the Netherlands at 0.65 per cent, and Germany at 0.41 per cent.​

Oz

There's potential that it's worse then just that Oz. I'm not a history and politic buff, expecially not an international political enthusiast. So I can't confirm or challenge some of the reports I've heard. However a few thing I've heard from critics of the US in international affairs includes harming other countries as a means to stay on top. Including center also and South American countries that are taken advantage of and then abondanded. If there is any truth in that then there're likely trust issues that might come from the governments in those countries, as well as the burden of over coming corruption for help in aid or other resources.

Even if the historical conspiricy theories aren't true, there's the problem of both corruption from aid sent, as well as an issue of safety if a person wanted to get more involved.

In my opinion the best thing we could do is to help a country, one or two countries at a time, climb out of the hole they are in until they have the government and infrastructure to be better on their own. If we helped a country successfully no longer be an impoverished nation, then people woun't have to give up their homes and try to travel to the US or other nations and make a new home. Unfortunately, that also means they could be a threat either economically or with technologically with creating their own weapons and armies. (A rationale left over from the international political conspiracy theory).

I don't have a streight solution, because I've found out that the US is giving aid to several countries, but that aid doesn't seem to be a big enough deterrent from the issues that plague them.

However a few thing I've heard from critics of the US in international affairs includes harming other countries as a means to stay on top. Including center also and South American countries that are taken advantage of and then abondanded.

Sanctions on Venezuela are helping to turn that country into a nightmare. The inefficient way drug wars are being fought have helped turn vast sections of Central and South America into a horror show. Prolonging the civil war in Syria has led to millions of refugees seeking shelter. The intentions may be noble, but the inefficient way things are being done is often counter productive.

A complete rethinking of activities in foreign lands might be a good idea. An organized plan that is well designed.

Sanctions on Venezuela are helping to turn that country into a nightmare. The inefficient way drug wars are being fought have helped turn vast sections of Central and South America into a horror show. Prolonging the civil war in Syria has led to millions of refugees seeking shelter. The intentions may be noble, but the inefficient way things are being done is often counter productive.

A complete rethinking of activities in foreign lands might be a good idea. An organized plan that is well designed.

No doubt we should have a plan to help sort out other countries and to be successful at it instead of half hearted about it. But who makes the plan? And the issue of stripping a country of power or honoring their sovernity in their land is an issue. I don't trust some of the ideals coming from the UN to enforce on other countries, and I doubt we will have a better view of how to help unless we're willing to go all in, and get really involved in that country. (Like how the US has done with Japan after they lost so much in WWII).

Back