Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Rapture questions

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Depends on how one counts...This is some of what Jesus says about resurrections.

Do we count this as one or two?
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Welcome to CFnet. :) :thumbsup

Depends on how one counts...This is some of what Jesus says about resurrections.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Daniel 12:1-2 (KJV)
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Yeah, good question. Do we count the above (found in Daniel) as 2?

Only those who are in Christ rise at the 1Cor.15 event. The rest at the great white after the 1000yr period of rest. But Daniel doesn't quite say that

Thanks for the welcome

1 CORINTHIANS 15 [20] BUT NOW IS CHRIST RISEN FROM THE DEAD, AND BECOME THE FIRSTFRUITS OF THEM THAT SLEPT. [21] For since by man came death, by man came also THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. [22] For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. [23] But every man in his own order: CHRIST THE FIRSTFRUITS; AFTERWARD THEY THAT ARE CHRIST'S AT HIS COMING. [24] Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1 CORINTHIANS 15 [42] So also is THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. It is sown in corruption; it is RAISED IN INCORRUPTION: [43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1 COR. 15 [51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, [52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be RAISED INCORRUPTIBLE, and we shall be changed.

All the above scripture from 1Cor.15 points out the time of the first resurrection, when the dead shall be raised. Its a single event {only happens once} in that it happens as the last trumpet is blown and at the coming of Christ

REV. 20 [4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and i saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; AND THEY LIVED AND REIGNED WITH CHRIST A THOUSAND YEARS. [5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION. [6] BLESSED AND HOLY IS HE THAT HATH PART IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION: ON SUCH THE SECOND DEATH HATH NO POWER, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

After the 1st resurrection we are to be with Christ for the 1000 yr period of rest

REVELATION 20[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. [12] AND I SAW THE DEAD, SMALL AND GREAT, STAND BEFORE GOD; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. [13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH.

Heres the 2nd resurrection. The 2nd death {Rev.20v6}. There are only 2. No more.

1 CORINTHIANS 15 [20] BUT NOW IS CHRIST RISEN FROM THE DEAD, AND BECOME THE FIRSTFRUITS OF THEM THAT SLEPT. [21] For since by man came death, by man came also THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. [22] For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. [23] But every man in his own order: CHRIST THE FIRSTFRUITS; AFTERWARD THEY THAT ARE CHRIST'S AT HIS COMING. [24] Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1 CORINTHIANS 15 [42] So also is THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. It is sown in corruption; it is RAISED IN INCORRUPTION: [43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1 COR. 15 [51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, [52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be RAISED INCORRUPTIBLE, and we shall be changed.

All the above scripture from 1Cor.15 points out the time of the first resurrection, when the dead shall be raised. Its a single event {only happens once} in that it happens as the last trumpet is blown and at the coming of Christ

REV. 20 [4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and i saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; AND THEY LIVED AND REIGNED WITH CHRIST A THOUSAND YEARS. [5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION. [6] BLESSED AND HOLY IS HE THAT HATH PART IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION: ON SUCH THE SECOND DEATH HATH NO POWER, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

After the 1st resurrection we are to be with Christ for the 1000 yr period of rest

REVELATION 20[11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. [12] AND I SAW THE DEAD, SMALL AND GREAT, STAND BEFORE GOD; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. [13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH.

Heres the 2nd resurrection. The 2nd death {Rev.20v6}. There are only 2. No more.
:thumbsup

Hi JLB
You seem to agree. Theres only 2 resurrections.

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Which one is the above? Its gotta be the 1Cor.15 resurrection. But the people are not heddin to heaven but are going to Israel for the 1000yr period of rest. I looked. I cant find one scripture that says we are going to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event as the rapturist claim.

Hi JLB
You seem to agree. Theres only 2 resurrections.

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, AND BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Which one is the above? Its gotta be the 1Cor.15 resurrection. But the people are not heddin to heaven but are going to Israel for the 1000yr period of rest. I looked. I cant find one scripture that says we are going to heaven at the 1Cor.15 event as the rapturist claim.

All the saints that are in heaven who have died [sleep] will return with the Lord and will receive their resurrection bodies first, then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together to meet the Lord in the air.

Question: How many raptures have already occurred?

Count them.
one, communism died in the 90s but came back in America in 08.lol. sorry I had too.

that said, what is the first resurrection?
"the hour cometh and now is when the dead in Christ shall hear his voice.."

but ye have passed from death from unto life..

Question: How many raptures have already occurred?

Count them.

I can count 7 so far. Enoch, Elisha, Moses, Phillip, Paul, John, and Jesus.

Depending on how one reads the scripture, there is at least one more, and perhaps 3 more. Some believe a pre, a mid, and a post trib raptures. So, I am unsure myself but at least one one more is what I'm counting on! :)

one, communism died in the 90s but came back in America in 08.lol. sorry I had too.

that said, what is the first resurrection?
"the hour cometh and now is when the dead in Christ shall hear his voice.."

but ye have passed from death from unto life..
Uh oh....if I respond are we gonna get spanked again, lol?

I forgot what your opposing view to futurism is called.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back