Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Rapture questions

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I can count 7 so far. Enoch, Elisha, Moses, Phillip, Paul, John, and Jesus.

Depending on how one reads the scripture, there is at least one more, and perhaps 3 more. Some believe a pre, a mid, and a post trib raptures. So, I am unsure myself but at least one one more is what I'm counting on! :)

3 more? I don't remember the list. Do tell.

one, communism died in the 90s but came back in America in 08.lol. sorry I had too.

that said, what is the first resurrection?
"the hour cometh and now is when the dead in Christ shall hear his voice.."

but ye have passed from death from unto life..
Lol, not only got raised up from the dead, but planted in the land of plenty.

I guess they were 'taken up', too.

Who could argue that point?
Thanks and you're correct, but I'm really speaking of bodies and souls like them of Mat 27:52-52 in the futurist view that die now and are present with the Lord awaiting their resurrected bodies to be caught up at our Lord's return. To me those are the dead to be caught up first of 1 Thes 4:16.

3 more? I don't remember the list. Do tell.

I've studied the rapture pretty thoroughly, and the fact is that a darn good case can be made for a pre-trib rapture, and another rapture mid trib, and a rapture of all even those who sleep is indisputable at the second coming.

Boy oh boy, didn't we :horsea while ago? Let me :thinkingYep! there is only one gathering of the saints, no rapture, just the angels gathering up the elect (saints) at the end of the age.:cross

Boy oh boy, didn't we :horsea while ago? Let me :thinkingYep! there is only one gathering of the saints, no rapture, just the angels gathering up the elect (saints) at the end of the age.:cross

When you say the elect (saints), are you referring to the Old Testament Saints?

When you say the elect (saints), are you referring to the Old Testament Saints?
The elect (Chosen ones) of all time are them that are redeemed of the Old and New Testaments.

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved . .

In Isa 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect . .

According to the book of I Thes. 4:16 which is the time for that to occur of the rapture.
I do think I understand you to be right, but what I was getting at is that any rising at any time seems to me to have been caught up including them taken up when Jesus took captivity captive and paradise was taken to heaven if you're familiar with that. Thanks and blessings.

I do think I understand you to be right, but what I was getting at is that any rising at any time seems to me to have been caught up including them taken up when Jesus took captivity captive and paradise was taken to heaven if you're familiar with that. Thanks and blessings.
No, but Jesus did led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. http://www.preceptaustin.org/ephesians_48-10.htm, but this link is about a different subject.

Interesting link,
Long story short.

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee (the thief on the cross), To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. Where was paradise before Jesus died? It was also called Abraham’s boson, the place of the righteous dead.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

2 Co 12:4 How that he (Paul) was caught up into paradise. Here we see paradise as being in heaven where Jesus took captivity captive.

2 Co 12:4 How that he (Paul) was caught up into paradise. Here we see paradise as being in heaven where Jesus took captivity captive.

I love that verse! It is very deep and significant. He took captivity captive. If we can realize the depth of the statement and believe it, the freedom we receive through it...wow. Praise the Lord! That is a far reaching statement.

Dear brother, would you consider those of Mat 27:52 to have been raptured? And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Absolutely positively not.

Raptured and Resurrected are defined by the person receiving an immortal body that will never die.

This happens when Jesus returns at the end of the age.

Under these parameters, no one has been Raptured or Resurrected.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:22-23

JLB

Raptured and Resurrected are defined by the person receiving an immortal body that will never die.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:22-23

JLB
Am I understanding you to say that all in the first resurrection will have their incorruptible bodies at the end of the tribulation? Thanks.

JLB

Are you sure about that brother? I have pondered this and considered the possibility that perhaps (only perhaps) being raptured does not mean that they absolutely receive their spiritual bodies at the same time? Even the bride of Christ which attends the marriage supper of the Lamb. If they were to attend the feast in their flesh bodies and actually be translated upon their return with Christ or at the final resurrection...would that contradict any scriptures that you know of. I think it is plausible that one could be raptured without being translated into their new spiritual body.

This is of course a conjecture that I am in no way certain of, but it occurred to me that the way the text reads that perhaps it is possible.

I Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

We which are alive and remain unto "what" The Coming of the Lord.. Its astounding how after Jesus plainly stated he would come after the tribulation people bought a different story, a story quite different than the one Jesus told.. Well not really all that astounding Eve bought a different story from the same source.. :readbible

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back