Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Really necessary?

Is obedience to God really necessary for salvation?

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

Obedience is the principle by which faith operates.

Without obeying the Gospel command “repent”, which means to turn to God, (in submission to Him as Lord) then our believing is in vain, because Satan is still our lord.

All of us are called to the obedience of faith.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans 16:26

JLB

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

Without obeying the Gospel command “repent”, which means to turn to God, (in submission to Him as Lord) then our believing is in vain, because Satan is still our lord.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: Romans 16:26

JLB
What is the proof of our love .
What DID JESUS say it was .
How do we know one truly is born again
and truly does love God , love Christ
There is but one word that proves our love
and its A simple word .
I will leave us a hint . DONT ye know that to whom ye OBEY
his servants you are to whom you obey
whether of sin unto death or of OBEDIANCE unto righteousness .
The problem with most folks is
they dont realize that obediance is direct proof of WHO we love .
One cannot seperate obediance from love .
HE WHO LOVES ME KEEPS MY COMMANDMENTS .
The Love of GOD is shed upon a lambs heart . IT WOULD THEN LOVE TRUTH .
IT WOULD LOVE , it would OBEY GOD , IT WOULD OBEY CHRIST .
And folks try so hard to seperate the two when in truth
JESUS even said this , HE who hates ME keeps not my commandments .
I do believe that was plural . As in commandmentS
Meaning just what he told the desciples
GO into all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son , and Holy Ghost
TEACHING THEM to observe , TO DO , ALL THINGS , not some things , ALL THINGS
i did command and teach you . Folks seem to not know this .

Does this question sound familiar? "Did God really say....?"
What a wonderful reminder .
So now allow this wee thing to remind us all of something .
I bet , by now , folks have heard of this lovey lovey gospel .
The one which says that even muslims and buddists , atheists and all
are saved if they have love and do good works . What a lie that is .
But here , let me use your reminder to show us how satan indeed
does work through this false unity and love all inclusive many path lie .
HAS GOD really said , says the serpent and his teachers , that YE must
truly believe in JESUS and confess HIM by the mouth to be saved .
And the people answered and said
YES , one must confess JESUS as LORD and Savoir and believe from the heart
that GOD has rose him from the dead to be saved . And that all who do deny HIM
HE will deny and they will surely meet the second death in the lake of fire .
THEN says the serpents and his lovey teachers
NAY NAY , ye nor they will surely perish in the lake of fire
GOD Is LOVE , and thus even if buddists and athiests and any other who believes in any other religion is saved if they have love and do good works .
NOW ya know where pope francis doctrine came from and WHOM it came from .
FOR HE teaches the same thing . WHEN are we gonna return
to the one true gospel and one true faith which says aloud to all
YE MUST REPENT and BELEIVE TO BE SAVED . I aint the monster folks think
me to be , JUST cause I POINT TO JESUS and wont let folks believe a lie .

What a wonderful reminder .
So now allow this wee thing to remind us all of something .
I bet , by now , folks have heard of this lovey lovey gospel .
The one which says that even muslims and buddists , atheists and all
are saved if they have love and do good works . What a lie that is .
But here , let me use your reminder to show us how satan indeed
does work through this false unity and love all inclusive many path lie .
HAS GOD really said , says the serpent and his teachers , that YE must
truly believe in JESUS and confess HIM by the mouth to be saved .
And the people answered and said
YES , one must confess JESUS as LORD and Savoir and believe from the heart
that GOD has rose him from the dead to be saved . And that all who do deny HIM
HE will deny and they will surely meet the second death in the lake of fire .
THEN says the serpents and his lovey teachers
NAY NAY , ye nor they will surely perish in the lake of fire
GOD Is LOVE , and thus even if buddists and athiests and any other who believes in any other religion is saved if they have love and do good works .
NOW ya know where pope francis doctrine came from and WHOM it came from .
FOR HE teaches the same thing . WHEN are we gonna return
to the one true gospel and one true faith which says aloud to all
YE MUST REPENT and BELEIVE TO BE SAVED . I aint the monster folks think
me to be , JUST cause I POINT TO JESUS and wont let folks believe a lie .

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

Obedience to God's commands is what keeps us in line with God's will. It's just that simple.

If you are not obedient to His command of how we are saved by Him calling you to His salvation then you can't be saved.

Last edited:
Is obedience to God really necessary for salvation?
Obedience to God or to be more precise, by obeying the gospel by believing the gospel of Jesus Christ is necessary for salvation.

John 3:16

It is when sinners refuse to believe is how they are condemned. John 3:18

However, running that race by looking to Jesus Christ as the author & finisher of our faith to help us to lay aside every weight & sin daily ( Hebrews 12:1-2 ) is required to endure to the end to be saved from what is coming on the earth. 2 Peter 3:3-18

Hoorah !

What is the proof of our love .
What DID JESUS say it was .
How do we know one truly is born again
and truly does love God , love Christ
There is but one word that proves our love
and its A simple word .
I will leave us a hint . DONT ye know that to whom ye OBEY
his servants you are to whom you obey
whether of sin unto death or of OBEDIANCE unto righteousness .
The problem with most folks is
they dont realize that obediance is direct proof of WHO we love .
One cannot seperate obediance from love .
HE WHO LOVES ME KEEPS MY COMMANDMENTS .
The Love of GOD is shed upon a lambs heart . IT WOULD THEN LOVE TRUTH .
IT WOULD LOVE , it would OBEY GOD , IT WOULD OBEY CHRIST .
And folks try so hard to seperate the two when in truth
JESUS even said this , HE who hates ME keeps not my commandments .
I do believe that was plural . As in commandmentS
Meaning just what he told the desciples
GO into all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son , and Holy Ghost
TEACHING THEM to observe , TO DO , ALL THINGS , not some things , ALL THINGS
i did command and teach you . Folks seem to not know this .
...and others just ignore it.

Obedience to God's commands is what keeps us in line with God's will. It's just that simple.

If you are not obedient to His command of how we are saved by Him calling you to His salvation then you can't be saved.
What about the other commands?
Does your "If you are not obedient to..." apply to those too?

Obedience to God or to be more precise, by obeying the gospel by believing the gospel of Jesus Christ is necessary for salvation.

John 3:16

It is when sinners refuse to believe is how they are condemned. John 3:18

However, running that race by looking to Jesus Christ as the author & finisher of our faith to help us to lay aside every weight & sin daily ( Hebrews 12:1-2 ) is required to endure to the end to be saved from what is coming on the earth. 2 Peter 3:3-18
So much for the "anti-works" idea.
Though I recognize that the works Paul wrote against were the works of the Law of Moses, and not ordinary obedience and enduring till the end, it seemed necessary to post this thread so others can see that life in Christ is loaded with work.
Even "daily" as you kindly posted above.

So much for the "anti-works" idea.
Though I recognize that the works Paul wrote against were the works of the Law of Moses, and not ordinary obedience and enduring till the end, it seemed necessary to post this thread so others can see that life in Christ is loaded with work.
Even "daily" as you kindly posted above.
If you look to works to justify yourself rather than what Christ has done, then where is your hope for your salvation? You can never know if you did enough.

Did you not testify earlier that you are not saved yet?

How can anyone run that race with joy unless they do so as saved? Why would anyone ask you for the hope you have in you if you are going to say... well wait until judgment day and then I can tell you the Good News. Does that sound right? I'd say not.

We are saved without works but in being His disciples in running that race, we are placing our hope in Him to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily to endure to the end to be saved from what is coming on the earth.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Titis 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Tha is why discipleship is separate from salvation for why it is profitable unto men to be fruitful and our joy full or else risk being cut off and left behind..

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

To be my disciples.... not for obtaining salvation for why those disqualified are still saved even though left behind.

I am concern that if any saved believer runs that race as His disciples to obtain salvation, then they are by that work, denying that they are saved and denying Him as Savior. By His grace & by His help, I am running that race as a saved believer looking to Him to help me endure to the end to be saved from what is coming on the earth.

...and others just ignore it.
And those who do so , do so unto their own destruction .
As with any relationship what destroys it .
Remember when a man first loved his wife
or a wife first loved her husband .
What started a person down a path that led to the divorce of that marriage .
Love of self .
Sin .
This is why paul warned so to stir one another up .
And that indeed sin can harden the heart .
Its why GOD said not to be unequally yoked .
What causes the eventual fall . Well sin does .
Love of self , of lust .
Make no mistake this does happen to even many who once had heard
the word with joy and yet fell away .
WHY do we think , for years , i warned folks to stay in bibles
and let us stir one another up with THOSE reminders .
The seeker friendly killed and destroyed the churches .
the love of self killed and destroyed .
If one is drawn to Christ by GOD
but later becomes entangled back again with old friends, what do you think is gonna happen . THEY gonna fall .
We were told and given specific instruction
to not be unequally yoked and that we should have
been stirring one another up with pure truth , with bibilical reminders .
But , men crept in and they now teach us
the very things which will cause a person , a church to fall away
and many have loved to have it so .
My advice , GET NOSES IN BIBLES and BE IN DEEP PRAYER
GOD shall refresh the souls of the lambs . IF only .
IF only we had stayed glued to Christ , to the truth , to the bible
and been hearers and doers of that JESUS , of those apostles .
THEN many had not fallen away .
Todays love teaches men to be understanding
women to be understanding of the needs of the other spouse .
YET , It means their carnal needs , NOT their TRUE NEED FOR TRUTH .
I have seen many a husband and many a wife , WAIL
after taking such advice .
Men listened to the false love and advice
of teachers who said , IF your wives desire to go out
with the girls , YOU need to be compassionate
And the same with the wife , IF your husband wants to go out with the guys
for a night on the town you need to be understanding .
AND YET , men and women are subject to temptations .
And thus many a marriage failed due to cheating .
ITS TIME WE STAND ON the word of GOD and
stop heeding this false junk and fast .
THEY even tell us now to go and be amongst
all religions , AND DONT PREACH JESUS , but rather just do good works
GUESS what is gonna happen with that , The same thing
that is already happening , being unequally yoked
they fall away and come under the all inclusive we all serve the same GOD lie .
WE need to be IN OUR BIBLES and FAST . LEARN that pattern .
LEARN that JESUS . LEARN the doctrine and pattern of the apostles and FAST
cause many are buying into a false love .
HOW often have you heard the phrase men need to get in touch with their feminine
side . How often have we heard the words unity and tolerance and even love
and yet their version of it , has destroyed churches .
Satan knows how to say love TOO ya know
Satan knows how to say Unity too ya know
satan knows how to say freedom too ya know
and liberty , ONLY HIS VERSION WILL LEAD YOU and ALL ASTRAY .
THUS . GET BACK IN BIBLES and DO it fast or many wont make it .

If you look to works to justify yourself rather than what Christ has done, then where is your hope for your salvation? You can never know if you did enough.
I can't do "enough".
God did everything, through Jesus Christ, for my conversion and eventual hearing my name is in the book of life.
But if I am not doing the works I was recreated for, what hope have I?
None.
Did you not testify earlier that you are not saved yet?
I am converted from darkness to light, from serving sin to serving God.
I am saved from serving the flesh, which was killed at my immersion into Christ and into His death. (Rom 6:3-7)
How can anyone run that race with joy unless they do so as saved? Why would anyone ask you for the hope you have in you if you are going to say... well wait until judgment day and then I can tell you the Good News. Does that sound right? I'd say not.
How can someone say they won the race while they are still running?
We are saved without works but in being His disciples in running that race, we are placing our hope in Him to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily to endure to the end to be saved from what is coming on the earth.
If we are already saved, what is the point of running a race or laying aside anything?
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
The grace to endure faithfully till the end is God given, and I really appreciate it.
Now, let me prove it, to the glory of God !
Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
"...deeds of the Law."
Not a turn from sin or baptism in the name of the Savior for the remission of past. sins.
Isn't my faith justified by how I act?
It can certainly be judged unfaithful if I decide to recommence murdering, lying, and stealing.
Titis 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Tha is why discipleship is separate from salvation for why it is profitable unto men to be fruitful and our joy full or else risk being cut off and left behind..
They are inseparable.
Only a true disciple will be saved on the day of judgement.
Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
Amen to that.
I am concern that if any saved believer runs that race as His disciples to obtain salvation, then they are by that work, denying that they are saved and denying Him as Savior. By His grace & by His help, I am running that race as a saved believer looking to Him to help me endure to the end to be saved from what is coming on the earth.
Why run a race we already won?

And those who do so , do so unto their own destruction .
As with any relationship what destroys it .
Remember when a man first loved his wife
or a wife first loved her husband .
What started a person down a path that led to the divorce of that marriage .
Love of self .
Sin .
This is why paul warned so to stir one another up .
And that indeed sin can harden the heart .
Its why GOD said not to be unequally yoked .
What causes the eventual fall . Well sin does .
Love of self , of lust .
Make no mistake this does happen to even many who once had heard
the word with joy and yet fell away .
WHY do we think , for years , i warned folks to stay in bibles
and let us stir one another up with THOSE reminders .
The seeker friendly killed and destroyed the churches .
the love of self killed and destroyed .
If one is drawn to Christ by GOD
but later becomes entangled back again with old friends, what do you think is gonna happen . THEY gonna fall .
We were told and given specific instruction
to not be unequally yoked and that we should have
been stirring one another up with pure truth , with bibilical reminders .
But , men crept in and they now teach us
the very things which will cause a person , a church to fall away
and many have loved to have it so .
My advice , GET NOSES IN BIBLES and BE IN DEEP PRAYER
GOD shall refresh the souls of the lambs . IF only .
IF only we had stayed glued to Christ , to the truth , to the bible
and been hearers and doers of that JESUS , of those apostles .
THEN many had not fallen away .
Todays love teaches men to be understanding
women to be understanding of the needs of the other spouse .
YET , It means their carnal needs , NOT their TRUE NEED FOR TRUTH .
I have seen many a husband and many a wife , WAIL
after taking such advice .
Men listened to the false love and advice
of teachers who said , IF your wives desire to go out
with the girls , YOU need to be compassionate
And the same with the wife , IF your husband wants to go out with the guys
for a night on the town you need to be understanding .
AND YET , men and women are subject to temptations .
And thus many a marriage failed due to cheating .
ITS TIME WE STAND ON the word of GOD and
stop heeding this false junk and fast .
THEY even tell us now to go and be amongst
all religions , AND DONT PREACH JESUS , but rather just do good works
GUESS what is gonna happen with that , The same thing
that is already happening , being unequally yoked
they fall away and come under the all inclusive we all serve the same GOD lie .
WE need to be IN OUR BIBLES and FAST . LEARN that pattern .
LEARN that JESUS . LEARN the doctrine and pattern of the apostles and FAST
cause many are buying into a false love .
HOW often have you heard the phrase men need to get in touch with their feminine
side . How often have we heard the words unity and tolerance and even love
and yet their version of it , has destroyed churches .
Satan knows how to say love TOO ya know
Satan knows how to say Unity too ya know
satan knows how to say freedom too ya know
and liberty , ONLY HIS VERSION WILL LEAD YOU and ALL ASTRAY .
THUS . GET BACK IN BIBLES and DO it fast or many wont make it .
AMEN.

I can't do "enough".
God did everything, through Jesus Christ, for my conversion and eventual hearing my name is in the book of life.
But if I am not doing the works I was recreated for, what hope have I?
None.

I am converted from darkness to light, from serving sin to serving God.
I am saved from serving the flesh, which was killed at my immersion into Christ and into His death. (Rom 6:3-7)

How can someone say they won the race while they are still running?

If we are already saved, what is the point of running a race or laying aside anything?

The grace to endure faithfully till the end is God given, and I really appreciate it.
Now, let me prove it, to the glory of God !

"...deeds of the Law."
Not a turn from sin or baptism in the name of the Savior for the remission of past. sins.
Isn't my faith justified by how I act?
It can certainly be judged unfaithful if I decide to recommence murdering, lying, and stealing.

They are inseparable.
Only a true disciple will be saved on the day of judgement.

Amen to that.

Why run a race we already won?
Your last line put a few goose bumps on my arms and spine .
WHY RUN a race we already won . JESUS WON
we must endure to the end . The crown only awaits the lambs who did so .
Paul knew this . HE KNEW folks could fall away .
HE knew that we are made partakers of Christ
if , IF . lets examine the word IF . what does that mean .
IF .
IF we keep our hope we had at the first in HIM , firm to the
i dont think he said middle , He said END .
Now mount up , satan is destroying whole houses and entire churches now .
My advice , ENDURE FAITHFUL TO JESUS , which means also HIS TEACHINGS
FIRM TO THE END . Dont let the big letters scare you my friend .
I love the people , you too , thus i warn and remind all .
And allow this wee thing one last word
Folks and all who have ears , YOU cannot seperate love from obediance .
WHEN i loved the flesh i obeyed its commands , i loved lust
i loved sin , but when GOD drew me to saving faith in CHRIST
i was transformed and what i had loved i now hated
and what i had hated i now loved . WHO WE OBEY IS A SOLID PROOF
of whose we are . NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE
and if they do , CORRECT THEM .

Back