Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Recommendations on Mowers

Knotical

Shepherd of the Knotical kid-farm
I am in the market for a new lawn mower. Specifically, cordless, battery-powered. I have had a Kobalt, which worked ok except in thick/wet grass. It would end up bogging down and shutting off (possibly overamping).

Any preferred brands anyone can recommend? I have been looking at Greenworks, Ryobi, and Eco, but want to keep the cost down.

I am in the market for a new lawn mower. Specifically, cordless, battery-powered. I have had a Kobalt, which worked ok except in thick/wet grass. It would end up bogging down and shutting off (possibly overamping).

Any preferred brands anyone can recommend? I have been looking at Greenworks, Ryobi, and Eco, but want to keep the cost down.
Hi Knotical, Have you tried John Deer Throwout Mowers Gasoline Operated or Toro, Craftsman, etc.

Love, Walter

I would prefer not to go gasoline. I currently have a corded greenworks mower, which is a bit of a workhorse, but it is just really inconvenient to constantly do cord management while I am mowing.

I would prefer not to go gasoline. I currently have a corded greenworks mower, which is a bit of a workhorse, but it is just really inconvenient to constantly do cord management while I am mowing.
I understand, but professionally speaking I did that kind of work for a living.

Start with goats, and move up to horses when you are more animal acclimated !
Eventually, especially if you have a big yard, you can get a buffalo ! :lol

This past winter I purchased a battery powered snow blower. I wanted something light weight that I could use on top of my deck. It is a 40v Skil. This summer I decided to cut the cord on my weed whip and get a battery powered one so I could use it along our pasture fence or other areas away from a power source. I chose to stay with Skil in the 40v line so I can use the same batteries for both pieces of equipment. I'm curious to see how long this will work out. My biggest concern is in the future when it comes time to replace the batteries, will they still be available?

Last edited:
Start with goats, and move up to horses when you are more animal acclimated !
Eventually, especially if you have a big yard, you can get a buffalo ! :lol
Ha, I don't a yard anywhere near big enough for any of that.

That one is a bit out of my price range at the moment. Also, I have found some greenworks models that are sold with a leaf blower and edge trimmer/weedeater for about that same price.

I guess the only real solution, is Astro-turf.
Yeah, no. I would never use astroturf. Even if I was reduced to using a weedeater to keep my lawn trim.

What people don't understand is that even though it is low maintenance and does not require watering, it contributes to hotter ambient temperatures throughout the summer.

Yeah, no. I would never use astroturf. Even if I was reduced to using a weedeater to keep my lawn trim.

What people don't understand is that even though it is low maintenance and does not require watering, it contributes to hotter ambient temperatures throughout the summer.
Yeah, and who knows what long term chemical damage may be happening.
Maybe you can still find one of those old push mowers from the 40s-50s ?
I am surprised they have totally disappeared in this energy conscience world.
I looked up "push lawn mowers from the 40s-50s", and got a bunch for sale !
See...https://www.google.com/search
Copy-paste the following address...
q=push+lawn+mower...1950&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS1020US1036&oq=push+lawn+mower...1950&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yDQgCEAAYhgMYgAQYigUyDQgDEAAYhgMYgAQYigUyCggEEAAYgAQYogQyCggFEAAYgAQYogQyCggGEAAYgAQYogQyCggHEAAYgAQYogTSAQkxNDc2OWowajeoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yikes, that is a long address.

Not to worry, I went with a reasonably priced Ryobi over the weekend. Once my weedeater/and or the battery for it dies I will replace that with a Ryobi as well. I really like the way they build the mechanism for adding more string.

Not to worry, I went with a reasonably priced Ryobi over the weekend. Once my weedeater/and or the battery for it dies I will replace that with a Ryobi as well. I really like the way they build the mechanism for adding more string.
Okey-dokey.

Back