Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Redirectionalism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
But the resurrection I follow is typified by Christ. If I don't get a body now when I die that means I go to Sheol because that is the place Christ went without a body.

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. John 17:3

You cleverly replied with out answering the question, and that is what do YOU believe? Are you alive in Christ or are you dead in Christ? Simply answer is all that I ask.

You cleverly replied with out answering the question, and that is what do YOU believe? Are you alive in Christ or are you dead in Christ? Simply answer is all that I ask.

My hope is in the resurrection.

Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, Romans 6:3-5

The resurrection of the is what we all look forward to.

JLB

Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

:confused2 at Donald

My hope is in the resurrection.

Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, Romans 6:3-5
The resurrection of the is what we all look forward to.

JLB

So, you are dead in Christ as I understand. Yes?

So, you are dead in Christ as I understand. Yes?

In Christ I am crucified to this world.

Only One has been resurrected from the dead.

When He comes, all those who are His will be resurrected or Raptured.

JLB

Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

:confused2 at Donald

2 Cor 4:3-12
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus 'sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you

In Christ I am crucified to this world.

Only One has been resurrected from the dead.

When He comes, all those who are His will be resurrected or Raptured.

JLB

Edited Consider what Jesus actually said about the resurrection.

Mat 22:25-33
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

John 11:25-26
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

CHRIST IS OUR RESURRECTION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you sincerely humble yourself to consider what Jesus actually said about the resurrection?

Mat 22:25-33
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

John 11:25-26
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

CHRIST IS OUR RESURRECTION.

We are not Resurrected from the dead yet.

When we are Resurrected from the dead, we will have a body that will never die, that will shine like the sun.

Jesus is the only One who has been resurrected from the dead.

When He appears a second time, then we shall all be Resurrected, or Raptured.

Are you claiming that you have been Resurrected?

JLB

We are not Resurrected from the dead yet.

When we are Resurrected from the dead, we will have a body that will never die, that will shine like the sun.

Jesus is the only One who has been resurrected from the dead.

When He appears a second time, then we shall all be Resurrected, or Raptured.

Are you claiming that you have been Resurrected?

JLB

I am claiming that CHRIST IS THE RESURRECTION, and through my FAITH in CHRIST I am made alive. As it is written, the first man Adam was made a living soul, the last man Adam was made a quickening Spirit.

Eph 2:1-6
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Edited

1Cor 15:12-17
Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ:whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

I am claiming that CHRIST IS THE RESURRECTION, and through my FAITH in CHRIST I am made alive. As it is written, the first man Adam was made a living soul, the last man Adam was made a quickening Spirit.

Eph 2:1-6
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Edited

1Cor 15:12-17
Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ:whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Brother,

Please know that you are in the preterist section.

With that said, I am defending that the resurrection of the dead is not past.

So, if you will clarify for me your position in this matter, maybe this discussion can progress past repeating the same things.

So, with that in mind, I ask you; Do you believe the Resurrection of the dead is past?

To answer your post above -

I am claiming that CHRIST IS THE RESURRECTION, and through my FAITH in CHRIST I am made alive.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Romans 8:11

When will this be done?

At His Coming!

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 1 Corinthians 15:20-24

This is the Resurrection of the dead, whereby those who have died [fallen asleep] physically died, will receive a new immortal body that will never die.

This body will be just like Jesus' body after He was raised from the dead.

Concerning your spirit, your are joined with the Lord in One Spirit.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17

Your spirit is joined with the Lord's Spirit, so "spiritually" your have been raised with Him.

However, we all are looking forward to His Coming and the Resurrection of the dead.

JLB

However

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

context matters

Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our harts. 2 Cor. 1:22. An Ernest is a down payment.

Presently we have the new nature which does not need a resurrection.

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.10 In this the children of God are manifest, and..."

However corruption does not inherent incorruptible 1 Cor. 15 " And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

So to fully realize oir new man in Christ our flesh must die completely until we are physically dead. Then we we have new bodies one can say either at death or at the second coming.

Romans 8:11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Hebrews 9:27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

After we die we do not wait in Sheol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back