Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Rev. Billy Graham says UFOs are real

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Oh really? look at one christian, more spiritual or fleshly,..haha! if rudeness is the game, i've been to some forum site with much more roughness, if you care to read my answers it suits this thread well, if you are challenging about your phrases then support it with bible verses to disprove the parallels i did and please if you know how to understand this is about billy graham and the UFO's.

bibleberean came with much more objectivity, well you are different, all of us, i know what i am saying, and i donot care much less with others who just wanted to prove something else.

ciao.

Now get back on your feet and tell the readers about billy graham's notions or else you are just being noisy.

ps, you just could not mention my name, person! what a christian! look at yourself at the mirror person lols! you just came to let me consider myself rebuked by you with no bible verses, no supporting premises and call me person?

Worst is is not the main issue of the thread. lololz! 8-)

I responded to your statements, therefore my statements belong in this thread based on the fact that you spoke first. Therefore, it belongs just as much in this thread as the post you made prior to mine. It ALSO belongs in ANY thread in this forum based on the greater loyalty to Christ in my opinion,

Edited

bibleberean

I responded to your statements, therefore my statements belong in this thread based on the fact that you spoke first. Therefore, it belongs just as much in this thread as the post you made prior to mine. It ALSO belongs in ANY thread in this forum based on the greater loyalty to Christ in my opinion, and the Truth sets me free

Edited:

bibleberean

Lindsey and Ajax 777,

Let's stay on topic and leave personal bickering out of it...

Okay? :biggrin

Thanks,

Robert

lindsey said:
Isn't this applied to you? When you try to deny understandng the concept of the triune God in your own thinking? You don't adhere to such because that is what you are trying to believe in. And who can say you are right?
I am an atheist, so I just see the Bible as inconsistent on several issues, this being one of them. Personally, I think that Jesus came from stories of Horus and other god men. I think the stories about Jesus grew over time like urban legends. So in the first two stories about Jesus, he appears to be fathered by Joseph. Later, Mary was made a virgin because an older prophesy was misinterpreted (and many god men of the times had virgin mothers.) So I see the trinity as one interpretationm from the Bible. It seems just as likely as the non-trinity interpretation.

Uranium has something to edify faith. The universe in its entirety would dictate a Supreme Power that has the capacity to create such magnificent system.
You could apply the same to aliens then as well. You could say that aliens are a sign that God must have made them.

And who told you that the bible is not also a science book?
The Bible goes against a lot of established science. Like we do not have a firmament over the Earth. Bats are not birds. The Earth does move. Diseases are not caused by demons. The Earth is older than 6,000 years. There is no evidence for a global flood.

Any science you try to pull out of the Bible is an attempt to retrofit known science to the loose language in the book. No person discovered any new science from the Bible that was not known at the time it was written.

Quath

why

Free said:
And there are even better reasons to believe that there is no life anywhere in the universe except on earth.

Why is that? If it happened once why not twice or more?

bibleberean said:
Lindsey and Ajax 777,

Let's stay on topic and leave personal bickering out of it...

Okay? :biggrin

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks Robert

I was really waiting for that... :biggrin What a relief to have moderators on a very objective level the funny thing is, it seems a single crumb has been swarmed by ants.. well enough..

thanks... :biggrin

Hello Quath

I respect your philosophy in life, it is such a disappointment to see christians who does not come up as to what christianity should be, as what i have experienced resently lols! i have encountered discussing a lot with some skepticks and they are pretty much focused on the topic...

As i have told bibleberean, i have not much time, i was also into this similar situation when i discussed about LIFE when does it begin ...something like that in one of the threads,...but i kept my promise of coming back .

IMO, aliens could not edify faith in my God for so many reasons, it could lead more to cultic ideas.

To give you some of my thoughts, aliens give the ability of superiority as some writers in a comic book portray them to be, advanced space ships, advanced technologies, the capacity to invisibility... therefore.. humans tend to bow down to such magnificent portrayals.

It could lead to worship and surrender to some power and intelligence far advanced than us. There is the probability of doctrinal teachings of equating them to angels and gods and most specially i mentioned "rapture" the christian teaching that all who stayed faithful to Christ will be caught up in the clouds to meet Jesus himself.

I donot want to see myself meeting some aliens instead.

The Bible goes against a lot of established science. Like we do not have a firmament over the Earth. Bats are not birds. The Earth does move. Diseases are not caused by demons. The Earth is older than 6,000 years. There is no evidence for a global flood.

Any science you try to pull out of the Bible is an attempt to retrofit known science to the loose language in the book. No person discovered any new science from the Bible that was not known at the time it was written.

Quath

Therefore there is no any point of discussing, because we talk on different levels.

One thing i mentioned about is the inner force called "LOVE" OR HATRED
which Science fails to explain. The "near death experiences" of doctors who wrote books about them on a scientific basis..

The cosmic power... we can go on endlessly... Some diseases cannot be cured and why on earth does cell stop dividing when in fact cells must divide endlessly to promote life without death..

In my belief Science and the Bible goes well together but this isn't the main point of the thread. UFO's the notions about their existance is just one aspect to be discussed wether it is truth or fallacy. I could never take
what billy graham just stated that is the reason i was compelled to post answers here.

TOTALLY DISAGREE!!!!!!

GOD Has nothing to hide, if there were lifeforms on other planets god would have made them known.

The world has intelligence deparments that can crack the hardest crimes and can spot the smallest clue. Take the London Bombings for example, and numerous murder investigations that have lasted years, in the end all clues were peiced together and the killer was found. Surley this ammount of intelligence could find out if other lifeforms have really landed on earth. No-one has a definate answer , all we are forced to do is belive in the media. It shocks me how the world can put there faith in the media, whi lie and cheat, but they cant put there faith GOD.

TOTALLY DISAGREE!!!!!!

GOD Has nothing to hide, if there were lifeforms on other planets god would have made them known.

The world has intelligence deparments that can crack the hardest crimes and can spot the smallest clue. Take the London Bombings for example, and numerous murder investigations that have lasted years, in the end all clues were peiced together and the killer was found. Surley this ammount of intelligence could find out if other lifeforms have really landed on earth. No-one has a definate answer , all we are forced to do is belive in the media. It shocks me how the world can put there faith in the media, which lie and cheat for $$$$'s , but they cant put there faith GOD.

lindsey said:

Therefore there is no any point of discussing, because we talk on different levels.

One thing i mentioned about is the inner force called "LOVE" OR HATRED
which Science fails to explain. The "near death experiences" of doctors who wrote books about them on a scientific basis..
Love is part of our biological desire to mate and form social connections. It reduces down to material behavior of our brain and body. With the right knowledge and tools, a person could rewire your brain to hate wht you love and love what you hate. It is all mechanical.

Near death experiences are very similar to dreams. But say that there was some real afterlife that some people see. The problem is that everyone sees their own religion's afterlife. So unless God, Jesus, Odin and Vishnu are all real, then many near death expeiences have to be false. (If many, why not all?)

The cosmic power... we can go on endlessly... Some diseases cannot be cured and why on earth does cell stop dividing when in fact cells must divide endlessly to promote life without death..
Cosmic power sounds like what Galactus and Silver Surfer run on. I haven't heard that term outside of comics. Diseases could be cured one day. It is just current scientific ignorance in not curing them today. We know a lot about why cells divide and why they stop. We know what genes control this and if they break we get cancer.

JamesLovesGod said:
God didn't make bacteria known to us. We had to discover these lifeforms. By the same logic, God may want us to discover lifeforms on other planets for ourselves.

Quath

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back