Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation: Vision 4. Christ the Judge.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Overview.

Christ is the Chief Justice of Heaven`s supreme court. His decisions are final and beyond His verdict there is no other court of appeal. He exercises the final prerogative that is essential to judgeship; He is able to kill and to make alive.

The prophet Daniel gives a good description of the heavenly court about the pass judgment upon the final Gentile world system.

`I kept looking until thrones were placed ...with the Judge, and the Ancient of days took His seat, Whose garment was white as snow and the hair on His head like pure wool. His throne was like a fiery flame; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire came forth from before Him; a thousand thousands ministered to Him and ten thousand times ten thousand rose up and stood before Him; the Judge was seated the court was in session...` (Dan. 7: 10 AMP)

How awesome the sight of the Ancient of days on His fiery throne with untold millions of angels before Him. This is the time when God will bring forth the judgments upon a sinful, rebellious world and it is the Son in whom the Father has committed this duty.

`For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,...` (John 5: 22)

The main official duty required of a judge is to act discreetly, wisely and justly in all decisions made. Thus we hear those who have overcome the beast, his image and his mark, singing –

`Just and true are Your ways, O King of the Nations! ....For Your judgments have been manifested.` (Rev. 15: 3 & 4)

So now as we further study the book of Revelation we will see Christ revealed to us as not only King over the nations but their Judge, executing the judgments of God upon them.

Satan, the Anti-Christ and the False Prophet, the world`s armies, all are dealt with by the righteous Judge. But for those who turn to the `Lamb,` the one slain for them, they will be those who had victory over the beast, and receive life everlasting.

The Government of the City - Priests.

The Priesthood - l44 cubits of the wall.

` Then he measured its wall: 144 cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.`(Rev. 21: 17)

This foundation of God`s government is the 12 apostles, kings ruling. Then we read of the Priesthood with them. They are symbolised by the `144 cubits.` This is what God promised to Israel.

` And you shall be to me a kingdom of Priests and a holy nation.`(Ex. 19: 6)

These Priests are revealed to us when God sealed them at the beginning of the tribulation.
They came from every tribe in Israel, 12 x 12 = 144,000.

`Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads. And I heard the number of those who were sealed. 144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed.` (Rev. 14: 1 – 5)

These 144,000 Priests are also shown with the Lord on Mount Zion.

`Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion and with Him 144,000, having His Father`s name written on their foreheads.` (Rev. 14: 1)

These 144,000 are described as priests. They have followed the Lamb and not false religions, or idols etc. They are pure, symbolised by being `virgins.`

` These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes.` (Rev. 14: 4)

The walls, the government in this city, is of the Lord. This is symbolised by `jasper, gold and clear glass`. All of which are found in relation to the Lord and His throne. (Rev. 4: 3 - 6)

`And the construction of its walls was of jasper, and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.`(Rev. 21: 18)

The Precious Stones - Christ`s Rulership.

The foundations of the walls are adorned with all kinds of precious stones. These were on the priest`s breastplate and represent Christ`s rulership. (Ex. 28: 15 – 21)

Judgment – Heb. `mishpat,` meaning judgment, divine law, rulership.

`And the foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones:

the 1st foundation was the jasper, the 2nd sapphire, the 3rd chalcedony,
the 4th emerald, the 5th sardonyx, the 6th sardius, the 7th chrysolite, the 8th beryl,
the 9th topaz, the 10th chrysoprase, the 11th jacinth, & the 12th amethyst.`

(Rev. 21: 19 & 20)

Christ the Conqueror.

1.Jasper – Naphtali - `Conqueror.`
2.Sapphire – Simeon – `voice of God.`
3.Chalcedony – Zebulon - `dwelling.`

Christ the conqueror, is the voice of God dwelling with His people.

Christ the KingPriest.

4.Emerald – Reuben - `first born, Heir.`
5.Sardonyx – Asher - `blessing, Priest.`
6.Sardius – Judah - `King, ruler.`

Christ the first born and heir rules as KingPriest giving spiritual blessings.

Christ the Judge.

7.Chrysolite – Gad - `administers judgments with justice.`
8.Beryl – Dan. - `Judge.`
9.Topaz – Issachar - `wisdom.`

Christ the wise Judge who administers judgments with justice.

Christ at the Father`s Right Hand.

10. Chrysoprase – Manassah –`forgiveness`
11. Jacinth – Ephraim - `doubly fruitful.`
12. Amethyst – Benjamin - `At the right hand of the Father.`

Christ at the Father`s right hand gives forgiveness & blessing.

(The Stones – Ex: 28: 17 – 21, The Tribes – Num. 10: 14 – 27,
The Meanings – Gen. 29: 32, 30: 1 – 24, 35: 18)

The Temple: a blessing.

`But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple: And the city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it, and the Lamb is its light.`(Rev. 21: 22 & 23)

The Temple represented Christ`s function as Mediator on behalf of mankind. It offered privilege of access to God in prayer, irrespective of people`s origin, or race.

Christ transcends the function of the Temple as He is universally accessible, His privileges are eternal, and His storehouse of wealth is greater. The riches of His love, His kindness and mercy, His wisdom and knowledge are all greater than the temple`s earthly riches. And the glory of Christ far exceeds any sun or moon, no wonder that the kings of the earth desire to enter this wondrous place.

` And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honour into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). And they shall bring the glory and the honour of the nations into it. But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb`s book of life.` (Rev. 21: 24 – 27)

The blessings within the New Jerusalem are now shown to us as a river and a tree with all kinds of fruit. These represent spiritual realities.

The River of Life: Christ`s divine nature.

The `river of life,` is Christ`s own divine nature that is sent forth from God by the Holy Spirit to refresh, energise and give continuous life to the people.

`And he showed me a pure river of the water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.` (Rev. 22: 1)

The Tree of Life: Christ`s life of service.

The `tree of Life,` with its 12 fruits each month is the life of service coming from Christ`s life. This enables the community to function and serve, being fruitful in every good work with the `leaves,` drawing in nutriment for continuous health.

`In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore 12 fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree were for the healing (health) of the nations.` (Rev. 22: 2)

The Throne: Christ`s Rulership.

`And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the lamb shall be in it,....` (Rev. 22: 3)

The word, `throne,` represents the rule and authority of God. We know that God`s eternal throne is in the highest heavens whereas this `throne,` in the New Jerusalem is just above the earth in the universal heavens. It is God and the Lamb`s rule and authority through Israel out to the nations of the world.

Christ`s servants (Israel) will not only be able to serve Him but will be able to see Him and have His character outworked in the minds, (foreheads). They will walk in the `light` of His truth and reign with Him forever and ever.

` And his servants shall serve him. They shall see his face, and his name shall be on their foreheads.
And there shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light.
And they shall reign forever and ever.` (Rev. 22: 3 – 5)

FINAL WORDS

The Prophecy – Faithful and True.

At the conclusion of the revelation of Jesus, the angel tells John that the prophecy is faithful and true and that the unfolding of these things will shortly begin to take place. This would be from the building of the Body of Christ through to the New Jerusalem.

`Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true,” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show his servants the things which must shortly take place.`(Rev. 22: 6)

The Lord then declares that when He comes it will be quickly, suddenly, and by surprise.

“Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.” (Rev. 22: 7)

Quickly – Gk. `tachu,` meaning shortly, without delay, by surprise, suddenly.

John is awestruck by the visions and was about to worship the angel, but the angel told him that he was also a servant and to worship only God.

`Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard & saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel, who showed me these things, Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.” (Rev. 22: 8 & 9)

The angel then says that the time for the unfolding of the prophecy is to begin and that judgment is coming for the righteous and the unrighteous.

`And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. “He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” (Rev. 22: 10 & 11)

The Lord again declares that when He comes it will be suddenly and a surprise, but that after the judgment has come, then the rewards, each according to his deeds.

`And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to everyone according to his work.`(Rev. 22: 12)

Christ`s Signature.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the sovereign ruler of the universe, the King of kings and Lord of lords, supreme above every power and authority finally signs His signature, just - Jesus. All the titles do not change the meek and humble heart of our Saviour, Jesus.

` I, Jesus....` (Rev. 22: 16)

Then the Lord Jesus makes His final profound declarations of who He is. These words are inclusive of everything, everywhere and eternally, giving the whole range of revelation, creation and mediation of our Lord.

“I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the first and the Last.” (Rev. 22: 13)

I am the Alpha and Omega: the subject of Revelation.

These words, `Alpha & Omega,` constitute the initial and final letters of the alphabet of New Testament revelation. With regards to our Lord He is the Reservoir of all wisdom and knowledge, and the Source and Author of all revealed truth.

The alphabet never grows old and never wears out and is the key to all literature, just as Christ is the fullness of all Revelation, for He is the Word of God. He is the Subject of the Bible, and the Centre of the Divine purpose. He is the fullness of abiding peace, and the Crown of revelation.

I am the Beginning and the End: the Source of Creation.

Christ is the beginning and the End as the Creator and Upholder of all things. His will directs all the laws of the universe according to His determinate counsel. He is the mighty architect of Creation and constellations and the Designer and Destiny of everything visible and invisible.

I am the First and the Last: the Surety of Redemption.

As the First and Last, Christ precedes and succeeds all other leaders, rulers and teachers of every age and in every realm. The honours of His name as a mediator soar loftily above all other titles and the holiness of His character is the personal quality which is establishes His sceptre forever.

Christ the Architect.

This is the Lord`s last reference to His own majestic personality. He uses three figures of speech which signify His authorship, leadership and governorship in relation to the New Jerusalem.

“I am the Root and the offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star.” (Rev. 22: 16)

I am the Root of David: Deity.

This title depicts Christ as being the originator of David`s life for behind David`s ancestry, authority and ability stands the Almighty One, Jesus Christ the Lord. Moreover Christ the Shepherd-Saviour is the supreme Sovereign, the very King of kings and Lord of lords who planned and directed David`s royal line.

I am the Offspring of David: Royal.

Christ came in His humanity as the Son of David, from the tribe of Judah. He was from the seed and house of David, the city and tabernacle of David, the throne and kingdom of David. These all show the vital link in David`s lineage for Christ to be the rightful king, as David`s offspring.

I am the Bright and Morning Star: Prince.

Christ is referred to as the Star that shall come out of Jacob. (Num. 24: 17)

Star – Heb. `kowkab,` meaning a star, shining, and fig. a prince.

Thus Christ in His celestial supremacy as Star of the morning is the supreme Prince and Ruler. He soars above the bravest of Israel`s kings and towers in dignity and dominion far beyond the renown of David`s royalty.

`Messiah the Prince...` (Dan. 9: 25)
Prince – Heb. `nagid,` a commander, leader, governor,

These titles show clearly that it is the Lord Jesus Christ who planned this city of David, the New Jerusalem. He is the architect and builder. He is the One who has the right to rule there as its Prince – the supreme ruler and governor.

` the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.` (Heb. 11: 10 Rhm - Rotherham)

Christ`s Invitation.

Those who obey God`s commandments are the blessed ones who may enter the new Jerusalem and receive of eternal life through Jesus. But those who are evil cannot enter.

`Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters and whoever loves and practices a lie.` (Rev. 22: 14 & 15)

The Holy Spirit and those of the New Jerusalem (the bride) invite those who are desiring eternal life, to come and `drink,` of the water of life – Christ`s life in the New Jerusalem.

` And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. And whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.`(Rev. 22: 17)

However there are warnings given to not add or take away from what God has written in His prophecy in Revelation.

`For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the book of life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.`(Rev. 22: 18 & 19)

Finally the Lord Jesus declares again that when He comes it will be suddenly. The Apostle John replies, “even so, come, Lord Jesus”. May that be our prayer also.

`He who testifies to these things says “ surely I am coming quickly!” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.’ (Rev. 22: 20 & 21)

My Appreciation.

A big thank you, to everyone who has done this journey with me through the book of Revelation. To focus on the different visions of the Lord that the Father has revealed, gladdens the heart and strengthens the spirit. It is truly amazing to have such wonderful revelation of our Lord as He is known in the heavenly realm.

I am at present preparing my next series - `The Final Battle becoming Overcomers.` I hope we can share together again.

God bless, Marilyn.

Back