Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

I hate Denny's.
Lol,my wife's first date with me was there.

I wonder if this sign is from that place.Denny's here was originally a Sambos.It was later closed and razed.now its a plaza .

I should ask.the landlord wanted more in rent and the restaurant refused.I can drive south to a Denny's but it's not as good.

I also hate this route .it's low in reads but takes as long as the piper route or close to it.the piper route is larger.

On a comical note,the historic home I posted on the route has a tenant who didn't know it's age or history.odd if you are renovating it.unless he is a renter.it's registered.

View attachment 8952

I was passing by,figured I get this shot at night.the theatre when I was young played movies.I ran all through the upstairs as the theater had a door to the hallway with apartments and business opposet to each other

Definitely a sign to be seen!

What fun memories you must have of being able to roam upstairs freely. Yours are definitely better than mine! As a young person, I wasn't allowed to go upstairs for the balcony seating because that's where the teens and adults sat to make out.

Having the same (or similar) styles in the area would take the distinctiveness out of the design.

I would be bored with it, at any rate.

Having the same (or similar) styles in the area would take the distinctiveness out of the design.

I would be bored with it, at any rate.
Vero ,ages ago all had those older spanish ones I love to photo.the rhyburn and each was unique but the style is going to have redundancy. Ie the parapet roof,flat or a 35 degree pitch with a barrel roof,casement windows, awnings ,arched doors or windows with the arabic influence.

Unless it was a sexton home.which would be a mini driftwood .I have to photo that one.the schuezuan palace is one of the few left of that.but it's not driftwood.to the north of her were two homes converted into stores and gas stations that stood.the north east one was a home,store and garage.it has been gone since the mid 90s.if I find a photo of those I will post.

Vero ,ages ago all had those older spanish ones I love to photo.the rhyburn and each was unique but the style is going to have redundancy. Ie the parapet roof,flat or a 35 degree pitch with a barrel roof,casement windows, awnings ,arched doors or windows with the arabic influence.

Unless it was a sexton home.which would be a mini driftwood .I have to photo that one.the schuezuan palace is one of the few left of that.but it's not driftwood.to the north of her were two homes converted into stores and gas stations that stood.the north east one was a home,store and garage.it has been gone since the mid 90s.if I find a photo of those I will post.

View attachment 8976

I didn't take that,fb has a hometown page,it was posted there.as we can see it looks like the driftwood,mckee jungle gardens.the porch Is driftwood in appearance.

I didn't take that,fb has a hometown page,it was posted there.as we can see it looks like the driftwood,mckee jungle gardens.the porch Is driftwood in appearance.

That house might fit in perfectly with the Mckee jungle gardens & the Driftwood ! The porch does look like driftwood.

That house might fit in perfectly with the Mckee jungle gardens & the Driftwood ! The porch does look like driftwood.
Ralph sexton owned this until his death.this is not far from.where I lived as a boy.I know the entrance .oddly the city grid was never built to meet this while it is still close.this is an old ranch.

Ralph sexton owned this until his death.this is not far from.where I lived as a boy.I know the entrance .oddly the city grid was never built to meet this while it is still close.this is an old ranch.

I wonder why the city grid didn't extend to that location. Perhaps it wasn't wanted?

Ww2 era farm per federal law a home had to be built on a ranch to have power. The home was built after the ranch .my fil home,as he grew up there didn't have power until the 40s. The McPherson family ,aka née Williams paid the city 500 us to run a line from the diesel plant to lateral a.I will have to get an old topo and show you the distance and the time.if I can find the home.

Ww2 era farm per federal law a home had to be built on a ranch to have power. The home was built after the ranch .my fil home,as he grew up there didn't have power until the 40s. The McPherson family ,aka née Williams paid the city 500 us to run a line from the diesel plant to lateral a.I will have to get an old topo and show you the distance and the time.if I can find the home.

Seems like an odd law....but I guess there were reasons for it at the time

Back